It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah. I just find it so ironic. Your going to call Trump a liar on the "wiretapping" issue?

HELLO????
Are we not on a website, regarding conspiracies?? A website that has more information regarding the proof of NSA, CIA, SONY and various other agencies and companies (hell, even just hackers) using electronics to spy on the American people, than you could probably find on google, yet your going to say Trump is lying about this?

Good lord.
The man has plenty of other issues that I am NOT happy about. But on this? I have to say given that I only know about a small percentage of what these companies/agencies can do? I have to think he is probably right.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The word gullible is written in the clouds over you house, by the way.

No different than the sucking sound I hear every time one of you illiberal's post something literally sucking the intelligence out of the thread.

We are both trolling.
Difference between you and me is you use it as a form of debate, to attack someones credibility trying to shut down an argument.

I use it as a way of combating your BS...
edit on 20-3-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Right. So once again it's ok when you do it, but not anyone else???

That seems to be what you're saying there.

Basically the text book definition of a double standard.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah..NIxon lied...and stepped down.

Trump lied. Impeach!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: FauxMulder
Take the first two months of Obama's first term and count up the lies. Then we can compare notes.

I didn't keep a timetable or note pad of his lies but off the top of my head here are a few:

Benghazi blamed on YouTube video
"I never called isis the JV team"
"There has never been a major scandal in my administration"
"The steel industry is producing as much steel in the United States as it ever was."
"90% of the deficit is bushes fault"
"Fast and furious began under the Bush administration "
"His budget will reduce the deficit by 400 billion in the next decade"

These are just a few I remember. I'm sure I could do a search and find a hundred more. The words probably aren't exactly right but you get the idea.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Wow, what a fascinating and informative post. Well, with all those facts, it will take me a while to go through them all, but in the mean time, perhaps you and your band of TR-Hators could tell us poor Trumpkins what we can do specifically to keep Trump honest in your eyes. I mean, I am sure you have a direct line to the oval office, but for us pee-on's it's just not that way. So you felt so strongly about this you needed to make a big thread to teach us how to be better Republicans. Spill it boss, how do we be "honest like you and the Democrats"?

"Pee-ons?" Was that a golden shower pun? I approve! I call it trickle-down delusion.

You can encourage Trump to be more honest by not attacking people who point out that Trump is a liar. That would be the least you could do. If you're feeling really adventurous, you might try pointing out his lies yourself. You might hold him to some sort of standard.

Start with small, easily attained goals and build from there. You'll get there eventually.

Ah, so there is some tie in with your feelings and Trump's honesty. Strange, but if you say so, it must be true. After all, you are the one railing about honesty and all, then bring up the fact that every president in the past has lied as well. But I get it, Trump should be held to a higher standard. He's #ing orange.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

You got sources for those quotes?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Wow, what a fascinating and informative post. Well, with all those facts, it will take me a while to go through them all, but in the mean time, perhaps you and your band of TR-Hators could tell us poor Trumpkins what we can do specifically to keep Trump honest in your eyes. I mean, I am sure you have a direct line to the oval office, but for us pee-on's it's just not that way. So you felt so strongly about this you needed to make a big thread to teach us how to be better Republicans. Spill it boss, how do we be "honest like you and the Democrats"?

"Pee-ons?" Was that a golden shower pun? I approve! I call it trickle-down delusion.

You can encourage Trump to be more honest by not attacking people who point out that Trump is a liar. That would be the least you could do. If you're feeling really adventurous, you might try pointing out his lies yourself. You might hold him to some sort of standard.

Start with small, easily attained goals and build from there. You'll get there eventually.

Ah, so there is some tie in with your feelings and Trump's honesty. Strange, but if you say so, it must be true. After all, you are the one railing about honesty and all, then bring up the fact that every president in the past has lied as well. But I get it, Trump should be held to a higher standard. He's #ing orange.

As an aside, I saw a meme this morning about "Orange is the new black....this isn't what we meant."

I lol'd.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Don't worry you can keep your Doctor!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still a classic that will stand the test of time

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Like I said those are just a few that I remember. If you want a source a quick Google search will provide you with your favorite sources

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If lying means impeachment then every president would be gone. The outcry of lying about tweets is ironic considering the last potus lied during the Super Bowl and got a free pass.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If it's ok for Trump to lie, then don't use a double standard and go all crybaby when the MSM lies.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wait, does this mean you're declaring with absolute certainty that Obama didn't having Trump under any kind of surveillance?

If you're wrong, do we get permission to do a roast thread?

You certainly don't need my permission, roast away! However, I have to wonder how long after the President makes an unsubstantiated claim like this do his defenders believe we should consider the matter open and awaiting further evidence?

Is there even a point where the Trump faithful concede that he was making things up?

If I claim that the President is a female reptilian from an advanced civilization living in the crushing depths near the core of Jupiter, who is going to rush to my defense saying, "you can't prove Ante is wrong!"

Clearly the claim of wiretapping of Trump tower is out the window. The WH has been slowly backpedaling its way to that already. So then we're left trying to interpret his tweets to possibly mean something else. So what else do we ignore/change? Do we change "wiretapping" to "surveillance?" Do we toss out Trump Tower too? So what about Trump himself? That's not what he really meant either?

When we're done reworking his statement in the hopes that some part of it is true, what are we left with?

Did Obama order any sort of surveillance of anyone from the Trump inner circle? Or is that too much? Do we set aside the "Obama ordered" part as well? What are we left with? Where does it end? How far do Trump defenders expect the goal posts to be moved? I'm sure as with any other lie, if we get far enough away from what he said, we'll eventually arrive at something that could be true.

Then what? When it's revealed that Carter Page's emails to a Russian official were captured in surveillance of a Russian official, will the Trump supporters rush to say, "ha, it was true!" at that point? Even though it's got nothing to do with what he actually claimed? That he — Donald Trump — had his phone calls made from Trump tower intercepted?

It's like starting with a Ferrari and changing each part individually until the car is made 100% from Fiat parts and then claiming that the Fiat is still a Ferrari.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

I've said it before and say it again, we need a "I HATE TRUMP" category....

Redit already has that.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
No star no flag.

This rehash as trying to attain former glory is pretty dead.

And no, it isn't up to us "trumpkins", Mr. Libby, rather THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

You're ridiculous.

Why do you people think 'no star no flag' is some kind of kick in the balls for the OP? A trumpcult member did the same to me, as if people are posting for some meaningless Internet points.

The guy is a bare faced liar. He's caught out again and again and again. He's mugging you all off and looking after the 1%. Nothing else to say. Enjoy paying for your useless wall.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"When I troll, it's not trolling."

"When the jackass in my avatar hits people with sticks, it's not political violence like those other idiots with sticks — it's patriotism!"

"When this President lies, it's not like other Presidents lying."

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Sure thnk Skippy! (or was it Scooter?) I didn't say that he should be held to a higher standard than other presidents. In fact, I think it would be great if you could just summon the strength to hold him to the same standard as past presidents.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
From your title: The President Lied To The American People Again

Anyone who even has a basic understanding of how the government works or politics understands that politicians lie... it's what they do.

Do you seriously think if any other candidate were elected it would be a different story, with 100% unfiltered pure honesty and transparency? Do you live under a rock?

You made at least 73 Trump threads between May 20th and October 16th of last year alone. I just love how much energy is expended on issues like this... 73 threads in 5 months, from you alone.

Yes, Trump jumped the gun and shouldn't have said that.

True. All politicians lie, some WAY more than others but i'll be the first to admit we all lie because we're not perfect. That said, using that as an excuse for Trump's constant barrage of lies doesn't make it or him right. What you're doing is enabling this kind of behavior. Why the hell would you enable this kind of behavior?

Trump is a pathological liar and he's always been this way, which is a very dangerous trait for any president. Worst of all, his lies aren't just used as a means of defense, he goes on the offense while lying as well. He'll make anything up in the name of justification. Wars have been started over less. Trump's reign won't be a peaceful one, I guarantee you that.

Trump’s former bankruptcy lawyer says he brought a witness to meetings with Trump to prevent him from ‘lying’

You know it's bad when lawyers have to bring a verified witness for a routine meeting.

Stop defending him and hold him to the fire. You don't make America great by enabling a liar. That should be obvious and that goes for all you Trump supporters out there.

edit on 20-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

originally posted by: Templeton

Obvious troll thread. Why you guys keep giving OP stars and flags for this junk is beyond me. Oh wow, the president lies. Oh wow, Trump doesn't have the snake tongue of Obama. Oh wow, none of that matters let's look at policy.

You don't think trust and credibility in the office of the Presidency is important?

I think it's more important to understand the MSM has been using every tactic they could think of for over a year. And that is dangerous. The boy has cried wolf too many times. Trump has proven them wrong more often than not. At this point, due to the character assaults from the left and incessant lies, Trump has more credibility than anyone that pushed the Russian puppet narrative. Which is the same people so upset by his untrue tweets.

The word gullible is written in the clouds over you house, by the way.

That's what you resort to, really? I am very much a cynic in pretty much all things government. I expect lies and deception. As the framers of America intended. Please let me know what piece of this comes across as credulous. Maybe you are implying the russian puppet narrative, the one where Russia started grooming Trump 10 years ago because they somehow knew this day would come, is true? Your naivety is showing, but what else is new.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't call Trump a liar. He just speaks what comes to mind. Others have probably thought the same thing but kept it under wraps. Now, Trump of course could be wrong but that is not what the definition of lying is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join