It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We should never elect anyone who has ever lied ever and we must punish anyone who lies with death and dismemberment.

Always.

All absurd hyperbole aside, I'd settle for holding the current President to the same standards as those in the past. Is that too much to ask for?

Definitely! That's why his first 100 days are shaping up to be historic, when it comes to DEEDS. Words...not so much. But Deeds trump Words any day.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

well done sir

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh?
Did I miss something?
We have proof that he wasn't listened to? eavesdropped on, on spied on in some way?

I missed that somewhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
What President hasnt ?
Obama was Liar in Chief.
Regard the Senator that said "you lie" and was chastised. He actually was absolutely correct ( Obama Sh** Care would allow you to keep your policy and your doctor) The man deserves an apology from everyone....
You need a break from US politics
Perhaps a good science thread . Or joke pun thread

Where and when has anyone claimed that previous presidents havent lied? You're obviously starting to hallucinate from all that Trump ass sucking
You're the one who needs a break because its going to be long exhausting 4 years of deflecting every time dear leader gets exposed as a lying clueless sack of # he is.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

When did I ever make an excuse for him? I even said he shouldn't have made those claims.

You dismissed the significance of his lying with a truism about politicians lying. This President lies far more frequently than those in the past and we're not talking about something as unimportant as golf scores but rather false statements about very serious matters.

You couldn't even bring yourself to call it a lie, you said he "jumped the gun."

Regardless of any of that, this is where we are. And as many others have pointed out, any time Trump does ANYTHING there are a dozen threads about it and we are no longer having productive conversations about it because we have been inundated with anti-Trump for over a year now. How many threads about Trump have you alone made? It's honestly maddening.

If you have fatigue from hearing about Trump lying, then the actual problem is the frequency of Trump lying, not the frequency of people calling him out for it. Am I wrong to believe that? Should we let every third lie go? Every other? I mean, what level of ignoring the reality of Trump lying should the rest of us undertake in order to prevent exasperated comments about how maddening it is that we keep pointing out when he's full of s#?
edit on 2017-3-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's become crystal clear that nothing will be enough because they're a CULT.

By every stretch of the definition.

You do a good service to the level headed and the lurkers...

But to expect anything but pure insanity from the CULT is doing a disservice to yourself, because they won't pay attention or care.

Look at the responses so far, Hillary, Obama (who you'd already mentioned), hyperbole and ignorance.

I say let them rot for the next 4 years. They deserve the man they voted for.

"You know this budget is going to affect your core supporters the most?"

"Oh, I know, I know..."

And they still don't care. CULT.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Gothmog
What President hasnt ?
Obama was Liar in Chief.
Regard the Senator that said "you lie" and was chastised. He actually was absolutely correct ( Obama Sh** Care would allow you to keep your policy and your doctor) The man deserves an apology from everyone....
You need a break from US politics
Perhaps a good science thread . Or joke pun thread

Where and when has anyone claimed that previous presidents havent lied? You're obviously starting to hallucinate from all that Trump ass sucking
You're the one who needs a break because its going to be long exhausting 4 years of deflecting every time dear leader gets exposed as a lying clueless sack of # he is.

the thing is the level of outrage is strangely new... and (from what I have seen) largely absent till the guy in the big boy seat got an R next to his name ... then it was burn the witch ... burn him at the stake.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We should never elect anyone who has ever lied ever and we must punish anyone who lies with death and dismemberment.

Always.

All absurd hyperbole aside, I'd settle for holding the current President to the same standards as those in the past. Is that too much to ask for?

I am holding the current president to the same standard as you held the last president.

Spoken like a true twelve year old.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They among others need to start ponying up the dough they are required to, for being a member of Nato.

They have until 2024 to meet the required 2% spending of their own GNP on their own national defense. Trump lied that they "owe NATO vast sums of money", and that if they paid it, it would relieve the American tax payer in any way. That's another lie that came from our Liar and Chief.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And continue to embarrass our country. You really can't be serious. He is a joke and so is anyone defending him at this point.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So the moral of this thread is:

It's okay when Trump lies, because other presidents lie or have lied.

Oh, and because posters are not explicitly pointing out where previous presidents have lied - they're clearly biased and don't hold the current POTUS to the standard of previous administrations.

Jesus, the cult-like mindset is truly something else.

Cobble this with another thread where posters pretend that conservatives are being treated at the equivalent of Jews during the Holocaust - you R's are whack lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

YES!!! Someone with commonsense, I appreciate your comment.

link   

the thing is the level of outrage is strangely new...

Nope.

and (from what I have seen) largely absent...

Nope.

till the guy in the big boy seat got an R next to his name...

Nope.

then it was burn the witch ... burn him at the stake...

And nope.

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Always.

I am holding the current president to the same standard as you held the last president.

Spoken like a true twelve year old.

I'm exceptional.

+4 more 
link   

Yeah, nobody at all has gone on for years about, "If you like your plan, you can keep it." That one went straight from the President's lips into obscurity.

You know that's not that case though. You also know that the Tea Party protests started within a month of inauguration (or maybe you forgot) and that the TP "movement" persists today in the form of things like the Freedom Caucus.

Does it never occur to Trump's supporters that there wouldn't be so much "outrage" about Trump's lying (and "many other things" to use a Trumpism) if he'd just stop lying?

In baseball parlance, crap like this is what one would call an unforced error.

edit on 2017-3-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What happened to changing the status quo?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What happened to changing the status quo?

Another topic really.

Does this bother me?

No.

Does the fact that Trump is not pushing for term limits bother me?
Yes.

Now THAT is changing status quo. But alas, too many are against term limits, so I know I won't see it in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Trump will be different." Lie.

"He's not like these politicians." Lie.

"He tells it like it is." Lie.

Trump isn't different. Fact.

He is exactly the same as these politicians. Fact.

He tells it how it goes in his alternate reality. Fact.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 20-3-2017 by FamCore because: why b0ther

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Status quo is a pretty general term but if he can't handle the small stuff then what hope is there for the more important things.

How many times did people say that he was going to be honest because he wasn't a politician?

How hard was the sell that he was going to be different?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join