It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: dovdov

27% is not far out of line with any other President in modern times, so I guess America has never been behind any President then. So what?

According to Rasmussen the President's approval now stands at 50% and has risen in the last 4 days, so with each passing day he is not actually getting less popular. Of course it depends which poll you would like to use, but which one is right? The one you want to be or do you, as you say, want to be more objective?

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Interesting how you only post the one approval rating that shows Trump doing OK, yet somehow ignore all the others.

President Trump Job Approval

All the other polls have him around the low forties.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

As usual for you...ignorant and prejudicial.

Is he not the President? Does he not have access to any information he desires?

If any professional provided YOU information that SHOULD have been reliable and wasn't, and the incorrect information caused YOU harm...YOU would be suing them, blaming them, etc.

Why would he rely on that media source when his entire campaign and presidency was built upon the idea that the media cannot be trusted?

You are a bigot for not affording the same to someone else just because of your hate for them.

So I'm a bigot based on your assumption of how I would respond to a hypothetical situation?

That seems...logical?

Yes...yes it does

link   

Did you bother to read the article that Trump cited?

He read it incorrectly because they made it clear that they did not know if Trump was under surveillance. For anyone to read that and come to the conclusion that they were saying that he was under surveillance is not logical.

ETA: Linky
Important part:

It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself.

edit on 21-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

According to Rasmussen the President's approval now stands at 50% and has risen in the last 4 days, so with each passing day he is not actually getting less popular. Of course it depends which poll you would like to use, but which one is right? The one you want to be or do you, as you say, want to be more objective?

That's why it's always best not to cherry pick infamously partisan polls...and rather take a look at a spectrum of various polls...

RCP average has Trump's approval rating at a historically low 43%
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Which is in keeping with Fox New's latest poll lest you were hoping to dismiss dozens of averaged polls as partisan.

Fox News: Trump approval at 43%...Down 5% this month alone
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov

It's clear that cognitive dissonance plays a significant role in whether or not people will admit to themselves that Trump is a liar.

Why would I admit something that is not a substantiated fact?

If you were talking about the congenital liar, Barack Hussein Obama, I might agree with you.

How many millions of people lost their jobs as a direct result of the Obama lie: "Obamacare is not a tax..."?

How many millions of people suffered or even died because of the Obama lie: "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor..."?

How much financial hardship and even bankruptcy was caused by the Obama lie: "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan..."?

On the scale of liars, Trump isn't even close to serial liar Obama.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Did you bother to read the article that Trump cited?

He read it incorrectly because they made it clear that they did not know if Trump was under surveillance. For anyone to read that and come to the conclusion that they were saying that he was under surveillance is not logical.

ETA: Linky
Important part:

It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself.

But doesn't make it a lie...right? A mistake...OK.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

You missed my point entirely. It does not matter if other Presidents have had low numbers of support from the electorate. What matters is that Trump believes he has the majority of the country behind him and that he makes his decisions based upon that belief. He refuses to admit when he is wrong, does not go back on obvious mistakes, continues to spout off like a madman, and seeks to delegitimize anybody who disagrees with him. As a regular citizen that would be fine to a degree, but as a head of state it is incredibly dangerous and must be confronted and overturned.

You're questioning my objectivity because I disagree with you. That is not fair. Facts are facts, they are not political, and should not be judged based on political ideology. "If what that person says does not agree with me, then they must be wrong and the information can't be true". That's dangerous thinking. That's similar to the way that Christianity was formed when church councils codified dogma. By a vote of the hand they selected the accepted party line, and everybody else who disagreed was anathema, and obviously does not hold to truth.

What about polls? There are always outliers which show things that can be used by anybody to support anything. The correct way is to look at the whole. Over the past two months Trumps approval rating has fluctuated like any poll will do. But his numbers continue to fall. That's the objective truth. It has nothing to do with my ideology. It is objective truth. If you cannot separate your ideology from your analysis of the facts then you will always find what you want to find. That's true for anybody. But one must have an honest heart, have the desire to find what is correct, be unbiased, and not emotionally tied to a person or situation in order to evaluate it properly.

Right, so the 27% number was irrelevant in the sense that it is not unusual.
It's hardly surprising that a President would spin to position himself as popular. Again not unusual.

I am not saying you are wrong because you disagree with me, I am saying you are wrong to claim a conclusion when there are two sides to this story and some of your facts were wrong, even taking some of the worst polls. The is no day by day fall - there is a general trend down, however after 60 days I am not sure it tells us much other than in the absence of the really big policy changes, like tax reform and healthcare, being real to people, the vacuum is filled by an hysterical media.

As for outliers and polls, sure, we saw a lot of that in the election... only a few were useful or accurate. Looking a the majority would not have helped you that much, it would only have given you some comfort in being wrong. The point is that there is no objective way of measuring how much of the country supports Trump outside of elections, so it's a rather pointless exercise for the very reasons you state.... conflicting 'truths'. The next acid test for Trump will come in the mid terms.

I admire you goal to be objective, but I would suggest some of the language being used is not objective at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That is what I called it:

If they didn't and your reading comprehension caused you to make a mistake

I also didn't call it a lie in the first reply where I just stated that the NYT had not said what he claimed.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

That's why it's always best not to cherry pick infamously partisan polls...and rather take a look at a spectrum of various polls...

RCP average has Trump's approval rating at a historically low 43%
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Which is in keeping with Fox New's latest poll lest you were hoping to dismiss dozens of averaged polls as partisan.

Fox News: Trump approval at 43%...Down 5% this month alone
www.foxnews.com...

..and the average shows no such day by day falls.
Interestingly the 5% drop is from one poll, after you stating that we should look at the spectrum of polls. Interesting contradiction, and in the same post to boot. Nice work.

What you failed to mention is that the averages have his favourability up by 6% since he won the election, and UP by 1% in the last month.

edit on 21/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

If any professional provided YOU information that SHOULD have been reliable and wasn't, and the incorrect information caused YOU harm...YOU would be suing them, blaming them, etc.

Why would he rely on that media source when his entire campaign and presidency was built upon the idea that the media cannot be trusted?

You are a bigot for not affording the same to someone else just because of your hate for them.

So I'm a bigot based on your assumption of how I would respond to a hypothetical situation?

That seems...logical?

Yes...yes it does

Jesus...

If you are going to call me prejudicial, ignorant and bigoted, the least you could do is put a little effort in to this and defend your assertions.

Otherwise it appears you are similar to those that play the race card to shut down a debate.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

27% is not far out of line with any other President in modern times, so I guess America has never been behind any President then. So what?

Interesting how you only post the one approval rating that shows Trump doing OK, yet somehow ignore all the others.

President Trump Job Approval

All the other polls have him around the low forties.

Most polls had him losing the election too.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That is what I called it:

If they didn't and your reading comprehension caused you to make a mistake

I also didn't call it a lie in the first reply where I just stated that the NYT had not said what he claimed.

I wasn't referring to YOU calling it a lie...I was referring to the title of the thread calling it a lie. But I'm glad and happy-happy, joy-joy that we agree

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

That seems...logical?

Yes...yes it does

Jesus...

If you are going to call me prejudicial, ignorant and bigoted, the least you could do is put a little effort in to this and defend your assertions.

Otherwise it appears you are similar to those that play the race card to shut down a debate.

Huh...what? Did you say something?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Can you back them up? If you have independent sources to verify your claims then I will support them. But as it is I find them hard to believe on the surface of it for at least two reasons:

(1) Your use of the full name "Barack Hussein Obama" has been utilized by people to emphasize his "non-American" citizenship, i.e. birtherism. It has also been used to put forth the idea that he was Muslim. Both of those things are void of fact and truth.

(2) You are making your statements using a great degree of hyperbole presented as fact.

Your objectivity is in question because of those two things. However, I am open-minded and not wedded to any political party or political ideology. My personal ideology is "Love thy neighbor" (Do good unto all; You are your brother's keeper). Fairness, social acceptance, love, justice, and helping the lowest/weakest in society is what I live by. There are elements of that in libertarianism, liberalism, and conservatism. I have voted for candidates in both major political parties. Most Americans are fiscally conservative but socially liberal and I fit somewhere in the middle. My point in mentioning all that is to say that I do not believe in extremes, and your post is filled with them. But if you can back them up from independent sources I'll stand behind you 100%.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but a lie is a lie is it not? How are there "two sides" to a lie? It is binary. It either is or is not.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Talking out your ass isn't really a lie, though. Unless you are strictly defining it...in which case omissions are lies as well.

Trump talks out his ass. Always has as far as I can tell. I think that was his charm for most of his supporters.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Barack Hussein Obama's numerous lies on Obamacare are accepted fact. He said everything I detailed in my last post. This is not even close to being open to debate. He said it, he lied, people suffered. If you don't know that, then I'm wasting my time.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Don't you find the wording interesting?

" I have no information that supports those tweets. And we have looked carefully inside the FBI"

So they have carefully looked inside the FBI, and found nothing....... but did they look inside the CIA?? Coz just maybe it was the CIA not the FBI that did the spying.

Also

"the U.S. did not ask Britain to spy on Trump"

Perhaps that is because they didn't have to ask GCHQ to spy on Trump, coz there was already a deal set up that GCHQ spies on US citizens and reports to ... whichever alphabet agency set it up.. probably the CIA, and in return the CIA spies on UK citizens and reports what they find to GCHQ, or the NSA didn't ask GCHQ coz the CIA asked them.

So the FBI and NSA are not lying when they make these statements, but Trump's tower could still have been tapped, and they are making statements that everyone is reading/reporting in a different way to make it look like Trump is the liar.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but a lie is a lie is it not? How are there "two sides" to a lie? It is binary. It either is or is not.

You were not talking about a lie, at least given the breadth of your conclusions, I would hope not.
Generally speaking though, very little in life is black or white. I would characterise Trump's claim as a lie in terms of the letter of his tweet. So?
How does that support the rest of your claim?

It should also be noted that the polls don't confirm what you are saying. There is no downtrend, if as you claimed you want to use a basket of polls and take the averages.
edit on 21/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The cult are really in full defensive mode I see!

Also why do you people keep saying barrack hussein Obama? It's not an insult, it's obviously some odd deluded thinly veiled racism.

It's so funny watching you all melt down.

Tick tock.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join