It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
A mistake might even be an understatement. He's in the tank against media, and willing to do whatever it takes to attack them.

That is you twisting what happened here into something that it isn't.

Nonetheless, as best what I saw yesterday was everyone shrug their shoulders and say "No comment". At worst, i've already shared my thoughts.

But you didn't have anything to back them up because the NYT isn't in the position you claim them to be in.
edit on 21-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
a reply to: UKTruth

Are you not able to see that you are merely repeating a party line? The news isn't fake. The mainstream media may not be as good as they once were, but they are still essential for the existence of a free society. The party line "fake news" blather has gotten so out of hand that even independent media sources are being called "fake news". People need to open their eyes to see that they are being duped. Some news is fake, but most of it is completely legitimate.

Well the fake news 'blather' was actually a creation of the left. It's only grabbed hold to describe the liberal media because they peddle it so much that it was easy to co-opt.
I can understand why some would want to put that genie back in the bottle now.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Xtrozero
He owns the tweets, I agree... My point is I do not think he made it all up on the fly as a big lie. He received information from somewhere that triggered the tweets...

No, he also owns the conclusions that he came to that did not exist in the sources.

Sure he does. But it is wholly unreasonable to expect people to always be right.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect the President of the United States not to repeatedly and knowingly LIE. I would even argue that expectation is a duty of everyone that elected him.

"expect people to always be right"...Lord...This is not an "accuracy" discussion...He does not CARE for "right" or "wrong"...does not CARE about "truth" or "lies"...he only cares about his narrative and agenda..

And as this forum proves...he has like minded supporters..

Quite a few accusations with no substance you espoused there. One could say quite similar to Trump's tweet. Are you taking his lead?

Reality well proves my assertions..Both public record of trump's statements as well as this thread where now multiple false claims have been made in defense of Trump's lies.

I was more interested in your seemingly deep knowledge of what Trump cares about and the rather binary conclusions you made. It sounded like BS to me, but I am sure your analysis runs deep and you are not just some clueless partisan spouting off.

edit on 21/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Trump was elected by only 27% of the electorate. The remaining 73% either voted for someone else or did not vote at all. The campaign was one of the most rancorous and disgusting things in our history. People were sick to death of it, and the reality is that a large percentage didn't even vote because they hated all of the candidates, and it was generally believed that Clinton would win anyway so 'what's the point?'. Wednesday morning the country went into collective shock. Trump supporters weren't able to see it because they were celebrating. That's fine. But outside of the bubble the rest of the country and the world were scared to death. People missed work. Kids were crying in school. This wasn't because 'our candidate lost', it was because people genuinely were scared that we were witnessing the end of our nation, the end of freedom, and the impending destruction of a century of social progress for which many gave their lives.

With each passing day Trump's numbers get lower and lower. Trump has never once sought to bring the country together, nor sought to address the MAJORITY who did not support him in the election. He has labored under the mistaken notion that he had unprecedented level of national support - that everyone was behind him. As a result, he rejects the media and blames opposition on Obama because he truly believes something which isn't true. "How can the media be reporting truth when the reality is that most of America are behind me?" He's tricked himself, and this is influencing the way he makes decisions. He thinks everything he does has a huge amount of national support and that since the media isn't reporting that "fact" it must therefore be lying and disseminating "fake news". Many Trump supporters have swallowed the same tripe. With a normal person that would be amusing to watch. But with a leader of the most powerful nation on earth it is a disaster waiting to happen. This is why there is a great sense of fear, dread, and hopelessness across the nation. This is why the rest of the world looks on at America and shakes their heads in dismay wondering what has happened to us and our sensibilities.

America is not behind Trump. That is not fake news. It is not a lie. It is the objective truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

27% is not far out of line with any other President in modern times, so I guess America has never been behind any President then. So what?

According to Rasmussen the President's approval now stands at 50% and has risen in the last 4 days, so with each passing day he is not actually getting less popular. Of course it depends which poll you would like to use, but which one is right? The one you want to be or do you, as you say, want to be more objective?

www.rasmussenreports.com...
edit on 21/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well WeAreAwake just said that Trump didn't know that his source was lying, thus I said that Trump was being gullible and foolish by not source checking the source he got his wiretap claim from before tweeting out about it.

Again...you have a point and in brief, and while not completely incorrect....

A Doctor is a paid expert expected to provide the correct information...same as the press and may other professions. If Trump had followed the instructions of a Doctor and ended up injuring himself by taking too much medication, and there is proof the Doctor was wrong...the Doctor can be held liable. No one would blame Trump. The only reason people are blaming Trump instead of the "Doctor" is because they are prejudice, hate-filled asses out to do anything to harm this individual.

Do you blame Trump for not double checking what his Doctor told him???

The press (NYT) is to blame. Trump just echoed what they published. Maybe the solution or punishment should be to shut down the NYT until they fix THEIR problem, and show a little sympathy for Trump for being made a victim of their mistake.
edit on 3/21/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

this type of thought process cracks me up. why in the world do u think its ok for the powers that be to have that sort of control over a sitting president? everyone wants free speech but that liberty shouldnt be afforded to our president?

There is a fine line between free speech and libel.

People are fixated on the symptom, not the cause. I'd be more worried about the root cause. And no, it's no "ok" for Trump to blithely post crap on twitter because he is personally offended. People keep wanting to compare Trump in his current state to everyone else. Yes.. he is a citizen. But he is the POTUS as well. There are some base expectations that come with that job. Not being an angry, gullible social revenge dork is one of them.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
The press (NYT) is to blame. Trump just echoed what they published.

Actually they never said what he claimed they said.

Does anyone here actually look at sources?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The press (NYT) is to blame. Trump just echoed what they published. Maybe the solution or punishment should be to shut down the NYT until they fix THEIR problem, and show a little sympathy for Trump for being made a victim of their mistake.

Trump has all the information he could ever want, considering his position, but your solution is to violate the 1st amendment and shut down the NYT, all because Trump was a victim that was too stupid to get the facts from those that work for him?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I believe what you might be referring to are the fake news stories that made the rounds on Facebook and other sources during the campaign. Truth is not left or right, it just is. For example, the stories touting "Pizzagate" and the Clinton body count and pedophile ring were fake news. The Trump Russian prostitute story was fake news. There were many fake news stories promoted by both candidate's campaigns. This however is not the same as calling all media "fake news". That is an attempt to de-legitimize the media - ALL media - in order to make the citizenry turn away from fact-based reporting and view it suspiciously, and as a result listen only to what the approved sources say. It is how official media censorship begins. This is how such things always begin. The powers that be censor those who they claim are not spreading truth. The Papacy did it when the Reformation began. Translations of the Bible by Protestants were burned because they were corrupted and no longer contained truth. Lenin did the same sorts of things in Russia. Hitler did it in Germany. Franco did it in Spain. Mao did it in China. Stalin did it in the Soviet Union. This is incredibly dangerous, and it cannot go unchecked. It must be confronted and shown to be the lie that it is. Yes, the mainstream media have significant problems. Yes, the mainstream media have sold their soul to the advertising dollar at the expense of hard-hitting news. But that does not mean, and is not the same, as saying that all news which does not support the President is "fake". Such beliefs are paranoid, fascist tripe which weakens our democracy like a cancer.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

He owns the tweets, I agree... My point is I do not think he made it all up on the fly as a big lie. He received information from somewhere that triggered the tweets...

No, he also owns the conclusions that he came to that did not exist in the sources.

Sure he does. But it is wholly unreasonable to expect people to always be right.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect the President of the United States not to repeatedly and knowingly LIE. I would even argue that expectation is a duty of everyone that elected him.

"expect people to always be right"...Lord...This is not an "accuracy" discussion...He does not CARE for "right" or "wrong"...does not CARE about "truth" or "lies"...he only cares about his narrative and agenda..

Quite a few accusations with no substance you espoused there. One could say quite similar to Trump's tweet. Are you taking his lead?

Reality well proves my assertions..Both public record of trump's statements as well as this thread where now multiple false claims have been made in defense of Trump's lies.

I was more interested in your seemingly deep knowledge of what Trump cares about and the rather binary conclusions you made.

If you have a question, perhaps ask it?

The idiotic ways in which you attempt to sound clever make it very difficult to care what you are interested in.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Trump has all the information he could ever want, considering his position, but your solution is to violate the 1st amendment and shut down the NYT, all because Trump was a victim that was too stupid to get the facts from those that work for him?

As usual for you...ignorant and prejudicial. If any professional provided YOU information that SHOULD have been reliable and wasn't, and the incorrect information caused YOU harm...YOU would be suing them, blaming them, etc.

You are a bigot for not affording the same to someone else just because of your hate for them.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

As usual for you...ignorant and prejudicial. If any professional provided YOU information that SHOULD have been reliable and wasn't, and the incorrect information caused YOU harm...YOU would be suing them, blaming them, etc.

If they didn't and your reading comprehension caused you to make a mistake then I doubt it would get very far.

link   

I was more interested in your seemingly deep knowledge of what Trump cares about and the rather binary conclusions you made.

If you have a question, perhaps ask it?

The idiotic ways in which you attempt to sound clever make it very difficult to care what you are interested in.

..and yet clever enough to garner a response

You make extreme negative statements about Trump all the time, based on nothing more than partisanship.
If you were not so blinded by hate you might be dangerous, but as it is I prefer to think of you as a clown.

link   
Seriously.. the bigger concern for everyone, including Trump supporters, isn't that he so quickly put out there on social media for everyone to see, a bold claim with no actual proof other than some blogs, personal piece or single newspaper article to back it up?

You are worried about his ability to lie or stretch the truth, when the much bigger worry is gross incompetence, lack of judgement and common sense, ability to act without consulting his administration, and using social media sources to fuel his tirades.

Forest for the trees people.. holy crap.

link   

You missed my point entirely. It does not matter if other Presidents have had low numbers of support from the electorate. What matters is that Trump believes he has the majority of the country behind him and that he makes his decisions based upon that belief. He refuses to admit when he is wrong, does not go back on obvious mistakes, continues to spout off like a madman, and seeks to delegitimize anybody who disagrees with him. As a regular citizen that would be fine to a degree, but as a head of state it is incredibly dangerous and must be confronted and overturned.

You're questioning my objectivity because I disagree with you. That is not fair. Facts are facts, they are not political, and should not be judged based on political ideology. "If what that person says does not agree with me, then they must be wrong and the information can't be true". That's dangerous thinking. That's similar to the way that Christianity was formed when church councils codified dogma. By a vote of the hand they selected the accepted party line, and everybody else who disagreed was anathema, and obviously does not hold to truth.

What about polls? There are always outliers which show things that can be used by anybody to support anything. The correct way is to look at the whole. Over the past two months Trumps approval rating has fluctuated like any poll will do. But his numbers continue to fall. That's the objective truth. It has nothing to do with my ideology. It is objective truth. If you cannot separate your ideology from your analysis of the facts then you will always find what you want to find. That's true for anybody. But one must have an honest heart, have the desire to find what is correct, be unbiased, and not emotionally tied to a person or situation in order to evaluate it properly.

link   

The press (NYT) is to blame. Trump just echoed what they published.

Actually they never said what he claimed they said.

Does anyone here actually look at sources?

Maybe you should read what NYT has to say about that. While they believe they are correct, it should sounds like what they did report would have been easy to misinterpret.

NYT about NYT

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If they didn't and your reading comprehension caused you to make a mistake then I doubt it would get very far.

AAAAA-HA! BUT...if you BELIEVE it to be the truth and repeat it...IT ISN'T A LIE! A lie must be telling an untruth KNOWING it wasn't the truth.

CASE F'ING CLOSED!

edit on 3/21/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: Added smiley face because it felt like the right thing to do and then typed this who thing for no good reason other than to be a bit weird.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The left in America failed miserably to "fundamentally transform" this constitutional republic and our free market economy. That has driven them to levels of anger I have never seen before.

Making it worse, they lost the entire government and have no real power. Worst of all for them -- Trump is in the process of stacking the Supreme Court to the rafters with conservative justices who will rule for the next 25+ years.

Thankfully, "liberals" are a small vocal minority who are never in power for long. Obama was proof of that. After 2010, he never was able to forward his Alt-Left redistributionist agenda.

Now Trump is systematically dismantling what little remains of the failed Obama agenda, thank God...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

As usual for you...ignorant and prejudicial.

Is he not the President? Does he not have access to any information he desires?

If any professional provided YOU information that SHOULD have been reliable and wasn't, and the incorrect information caused YOU harm...YOU would be suing them, blaming them, etc.

Why would he rely on that media source when his entire campaign and presidency was built upon the idea that the media cannot be trusted?

You are a bigot for not affording the same to someone else just because of your hate for them.

So I'm a bigot based on your assumption of how I would respond to a hypothetical situation?

That seems...logical?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join