It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Indigo5

Im not a government insider. I don't use the term "justice' as they do. To me, its any agency responsible for investigating or prosecuting (i.e., FBI, IC, DOJ, etc, etc, etc)

All of which report to the Executive branch..

These leaks were reproted to be coming from inside. "Anonymous sources close to the investigation report". So what is the motivation? If you are already inside the investigation, why would you leak information?

You might not have followed my note on timing?

The leaks during transition were aimed at fire-walling the investigation from being quietly and out of sight purged by the Trump administration. Trump could not shut-down the investigation without significant blow-back from the public and congress once the investigation and cause for investigation was made public. Thus the leaks in early days...not now....investigation moving forward.

Flynn? Team Trump was notified and then for weeks did nothing..Chief National Security advisor on the phone with Russia, violating the logan act, lieing to the public, lieing to VP Pence..WH Counsel and Trump made aware...and they buried it..THEN the leak followed weeks later..

Flynn was a national security risk and then a blackmail risk..Trump did nothing about it and compounded it by inaction..The leaks solved that problem handily.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: theantediluvian

A lie is something that is stated that you know is not true when you state it. I think Trump believes these things were true when he said them, so not lies. This type of characterization does nothing for either side.

Trump once falsely claimed that the tiles in Barron's nursery where made by Walt Disney himself..

No...Trump does not believe his own lies...he just does not see the truth as having any value.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Then it comes to the current president the following can be stated:

The people who voted and support this man, bought the lie hook line and sinker. They did not expect him to follow through with what he promised, and now that he is, they are shocked at the cost of such. In their eyes, the man can do no wrong, it is not his fault if something happens, preferring to play the blame game. Now when will he lose said support, the answer is quite simple: When it affects them personally and hits their pocket books.

And from the looks of things, that is not going to be too much longer, as the will of the people is a fickle thing and when their health care is affected, or it costs them more at the store, they will look for someone to blame, the only thing to do is to make sure it ends up going to the proper people. However, like any would be Caesar, you can bet he would expect and have his people fall on their proverbial swords before taking the blame for anything bad that happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Sure it does. It allows the left to further demonize him. It confirms their biases.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Nice narrative.

But just a theory like all the other posters here. And one that seems to take enormous liberty with facts. Like Flynn and his discussion with Russians. He didn't violate the logan act any more than your average government employee. The details of the conversation were reportedly inane and amounted to, "yeah, yeah, yeah....we can talk later. Im busy". He didn't discuss sanctions, the Russians did and he blew them off.

And while it may technically be a violation of the logan act, its proven to be a purely partisan assertion because of the well known habits of non state officials to visit with foreigners (as referenced in the briefings yesterday). Logan Act was a desperate ploy by partisans to dig at Trump. Before all this happened, i wasn't really pro Trump in any way. But that pushed me closer to supporting him.

If people are willing to stretch the truth to catch you out, there has to be a reason. And now i want to see what that reason is.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

He's a big fish story kind of guy, an exaggerator for the sake of telling a story. Read the actual story about the walt disney tiles.

I've got an uncle like this, he's a great guy. Kind, loving, entertaining, and all around a fun guy to be around. But if he ever was president you'd call all his stories lies (and technically you'd be right), but I think we can all agree that a big fish story isn't a lie that the person tells out of malice, but rather out of love for a good story.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So in conclusion he act's without all the pertinent info..not good for a world leader.

Yep he is not perfect....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Unreliable is one thing but the NYT article he mentions, even including the date, doesn't have that information. It is something that he came up with. He owns that.

He owns the tweets, I agree... My point is I do not think he made it all up on the fly as a big lie. He received information from somewhere that triggered the tweets...

An out right lie as example... "I did not have sex with that woman"

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
He owns the tweets, I agree... My point is I do not think he made it all up on the fly as a big lie. He received information from somewhere that triggered the tweets...

No, he also owns the conclusions that he came to that did not exist in the sources.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Who are you to say that the conclusions weren't in the sources?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No, he also owns the conclusions that he came to that did not exist in the sources.

Sure he does. But it is wholly unreasonable to expect people to always be right. And while you want your president to be more presidential, nothing about the man would lead any reasonable person to think he would be.

There were 2 options when he took office:

- work to try to make our new president more capable in doing his job
- work to undermine him, and by proxy our government, without trying to advise and counsel

Im aware the first would be made more difficult by his general demeanor. But given the obvious "in the tank" nature of the media and duly elected representatives during the last election, im sure he felt under attack. I know that seeing it happen certainly push me more towards his side. Because as an American, I cannot fathom why people within our government would work against a duly elected president to a degree that they collude with media to spread lies.

And maybe when it all comes out that isn't what happened. Im certainly keeping an open mind. But its getting harder, as what the detractors say is being drowned out by how they say it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

When it all comes out? The text he pointed to as the source of the info is right there. His conclusion is right there.

Quit making excuses for the guys mistake. It's just as bad as the other side riding him for every little thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
People should be less worried about what he has done, and be more worried about what he is capable of doing. He accused Obama of ordering a wiretap? Don't care a bunch honestly. My bigger concern is how heavy-handed Trump is. His ready-fire-aim mentality could cause some serious issues within our country, and even bigger issues outside of it. Well before the election, he was known as someone who doesn't back down, who doesn't like being wrong, and who lashes out when someone dares challenge him in any way.

As a real estate mogul? As a reality TV star? Ok.. sure. As the POTUS? No thanks. His administration doesn't even know what he'll do. Some of you I assume regard that as a plus. I don't - he could cause an international incident by using social media like an irresponsible teen.

I don't think he was lying when he tweeted about the wiretapping. He read a blog or heard something.. and being PO'd about the Russia tie investigations, he tweeted those ridiculous claims, without for a moment considering the consequences. It's as if he has no idea the weight of his words now hold. It's all fun and games until he ineptly insults an ally, or worse, an enemy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I think he posted in a medium that is 140 characters or less, and people are wanting to hold him accountable for word by word. They aren't even complete sentences.

I think he can point to something and be mistaken.

I think he can read something and be mistaken.

But I think we have a FISA warrant, we have chatter in the media about things like surveillance and wiretaps (Gowdy referenced those words being "very specific"), and we have an obvious "everything and the kitchen" sink being thrown into a "never Trump" movement.

If you think yesterday proved anything like what you assert, then we will just have to agree to disagree. The disconnect might be that I begin my analysis of all this not trusting the government or the media. But what I saw was Trump using the medias lies to get the whole thing dragged into a congressional hearing. He owned the media. Again.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Sure he does. But it is wholly unreasonable to expect people to always be right.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect the President of the United States not to repeatedly and knowingly LIE. I would even argue that expectation is a duty of everyone that elected him.

"expect people to always be right"...Lord...This is not an "accuracy" discussion...He does not CARE for "right" or "wrong"...does not CARE about "truth" or "lies"...he only cares about his narrative and agenda..

And as this forum proves...he has like minded supporters..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ok, so what is your point? He owns it...does that mean he needs to send Obama a sorry card, or does this meet you requirements of impeachment?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Sure he does. But it is wholly unreasonable to expect people to always be right.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect the President of the United States not to repeatedly and knowingly LIE. I would even argue that expectation is a duty of everyone that elected him.

"expect people to always be right"...Lord...This is not an "accuracy" discussion...He does not CARE for "right" or "wrong"...does not CARE about "truth" or "lies"...he only cares about his narrative and agenda..

Quite a few accusations with no substance you espoused there. One could say quite similar to Trump's tweet. Are you taking his lead?
edit on 21/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You have to understand or recognize the difference between a lie and an untruth. When Obama said you can keep your doctor, keep your health care plan, it will save you $2500, etc...he KNEW that wasn't the truth. That is a lie. When Clinton said he didn't have sex with "that woman"...that was a lie.

When Trump spoke of the "wiretapping" he read this "fact" in the newspaper which is supposed to vet their sources and publish only the truth. So he believed this to BE the truth. That means he didn't know the newspaper lied and therefore...that WASN'T a lie.

And yes...while "all politicians lie"...that shouldn't be an excuse. It should be a call to fire every single one that falls back on that quote. If you knowingly lie...your words hold no value or purpose. You are then a liar and shouldn't speak at all. You are worthless as a representative of the people and worthless speaking to the people.

The only quote that should include lying and politics is this..."Previously, many politicians lied. They are no longer legally allowed to run for any government office or job."

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

If Trump lied, who did he lie to? Reporters? Who doesn't lie to reporters? According to Comey, reporters are being lied to quite a bit.

Should we be able to believe our president? Sure. I have low expectations based on history, though.

His agenda is going after the MSM. I absolutely support that. Wished it would have happened sooner. The symbiosis between media and government needed to end when it began in the 50's.
edit on 3/21/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So what you are saying is Trump is guilty of being a gullible fool and not source checking?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join