It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Indigo5
That collusion would no doubt not be investigated if not for the leaks to the public, which created intense public scrutiny, that resulted in grudging inquiries by both the Senate and House of Representatives....a public Scrutiny that also shelters Comey from being fired, as no doubt Trump would like to do.

Leaks that Comey said were 90% false?

Links please? The OP is about lies after all, so please don't be offended if I ask you to cite where Comey said that...I hadn't read that and I watched his testimony in full yesterday...did I miss it?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You mean like Glenn Beck? The Anti-Trumper who repeatedly says more speech, not less? Then he fired one of his networks hosts for wrong-think?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

He didn't say that. But he did say a lot of what the media was reporting was incorrect. They had a whole 15 minute discussion on whether it was possible to correct them without revealing classified information... they concluded it was not possible but that they wish it were.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

President Donald J. Trump is a liar. He says things regularly that are not true. Few people's lies have greater consequence to the world than those of the President of the United States. When will enough be enough? The opinions of those of us who oppose Trump apparently don't matter enough to shame him into honesty.

It's up to you Trumpkins. You really want to Make America Great Again? Start by excerting some pressure to make Trump honest again for the first time in his life.

The question to answer is....

Did Trump out of the blue decide to send these tweets, or did he react too quickly to information deemed reasonable at that time? A number of your "lies" above I agree are just out right lies, a number are incorrect statements based on unknown changes or unknown/incorrect information outside the control of the President that spoke the initial words... Which is it with Trump?

In Trumps case I would say his failure in this is he got unreliable reports that he took at face value and sent the tweets in full frustration of those reports. You can see the frustration in the tweets, so what set him off to do them in the first place? If his information turns out to be unreliable then it doesn't make his tweets lies no matter how incorrect, they are just incorrect...

I would say a good lessened learned....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So in conclusion he act's without all the pertinent info..not good for a world leader.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Stop being reasonable! Trump is Satan, the great deceiver!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Reading comprehension fail. The pertinent information being incorrect doesn't mean he didn't have it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
If his information turns out to be unreliable then it doesn't make his tweets lies no matter how incorrect, they are just incorrect...

Unreliable is one thing but the NYT article he mentions, even including the date, doesn't have that information. It is something that he came up with. He owns that.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

As Gowdy said, if the purpose is to bring something to the attention of law enforcement, then sure. Its a whistleblower scneario. If the purpose is to bring it to the people without a forum, however....what exactly is the purpose of the leak? To create justice? Can't be that, as the leaks are coming from people who are in justice (if the leaks even happened, and were just made up by the MSM). So what, exactly, is the point of our criminal investigators leaking information about a presidential candidate if not to skew the election?

That's a confusing chunk...
Gowdy is a moron...

But if I read you correctly...Leaks brought to the attention of the DOJ? Whistle-blower...good..

Leaks to the public..not for Law Enforcement purposes...Bad?

The "Saturday Night Massacre" under Nixon would be instructive here...

Nixon ordered his Attorney General to fire the Independent Prosecutor in charge of the Watergate Investigation..
The AG refused Nixon's order...Nixon demanded and received his resignation.
Nixon then ordered the Assistant AG to fire the Special Prosecutor..
The Assistant AG refused...Nixon demanded and got his resignation as well..
Nixon then ordered the Acting head of DOJ (Bork) to fire the Special Prosecutor...and Bork went ahead and did that..
The Special Prosecutor investigation Nixon was fired.

Who then got Nixon impeached? The Public...because of Leaks..

DOJ, FBI et al are an extension of the executive branch...

The idea that people could tell the President about Flynn and trust him to act accordingly was disproven by REALITY..

The President and WH counsel were notified 2 weeks prior to the leak that Flynn had lied to VP Pence and the Public about the number of calls and the content of the calls. They chose to not say anything...The leaks followed.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well..i was mistkane on the number given (or maybe not...it may be in another section). But this is saying essentially the same thing (bolding mine):

Yeah, it's a great question, Mr. Turner, because there's a whole lot out there that is false. And I suppose some of it could be people lying to reporters. I think that probably happens. But more often than not, it's people who -- who act like they know when they really don't know. Because they're not the people who actually know the secrets, they're one or two hops out and they're passing along (ph) things they think they know.

There is -- we had not only have no obligation to correct that, we can't, because if we start calling reporters and saying hey, this thing you said about this new aircraft we've developed, that's inaccurate actually, it's got two engines. We just can't do that because we'll give information to our adversaries that way and it's very, very frustrating but we can't start down that road. Now, when it's unclassified information, if a reporter misreports the contents of a bill that's being debated in Congress or a policy, we can call him and say hey, you ought to read it more carefully. You missed this or missed that. We cannot do that with classified information.

It's very, very frustrating because I have read a whole lot of stuff, especially in the last two months, this is just wrong. But I can't say which is wrong and I can't say it to those reporters.

www.washingtonpost.com... ction/?utm_term=.cb040b5ac2ed

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So in conclusion he act's without all the pertinent info..not good for a world leader.

It's a trigger tactic that obviously works well.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

You mean like Glenn Beck? The Anti-Trumper who repeatedly says more speech, not less? Then he fired one of his networks hosts for wrong-think?

That is bizarrely unrelated to the topic.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I was trying to think of a non-trump supporting conservative. He was the first one that popped into my mind. You disqualified all trump supporting conservatives as having integrity and implied that those who don't support him do have integrity.

I was simply pointing out the fallacious aspects of your assertion.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Im not a government insider. I don't use the term "justice' as they do. To me, its any agency responsible for investigating or prosecuting (i.e., FBI, IC, DOJ, etc, etc, etc)

These leaks were reproted to be coming from inside. "Anonymous sources close to the investigation report". So what is the motivation? If you are already inside the investigation, why would you leak information? It isn't to bring justice, as the investigation is already happening and the source of hte information is the people investigating and prosecuting the information. So who is the leak for? Us?

While Watergate may be a good story to tell here, the other story is "election tampering". You cannot dismiss the latter in favor of the former without good reason or a heavy dose of partisanship.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good point, what we seem to have here is election tampering where the person whom was tampered against won, quite the opposite of watergate.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Whilst discussing reporting...

"A whole lot out there that is false"...

is a world away from what you claimed "Leaks that Comey said were 90% false"

"A whole lot" being false in a world where Trump lies on twitter and Judge Napolitano makes up sources and reporting to support the false claim?..

Undoubtedly...there is a "whole lot" of false reporting involving anonymous sources...By the very fact there is a "Whole lot" of reporting....assigning proportions can not be inferred in that statement.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Nope, if you watched the segment they were actually pretty specific about who was lying. the NYT and Washington Post were specifically named as reporting false information.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think it's smart enough to be a tactic. It's just what it appears to be.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think it's smart enough to be a tactic. It's just what it appears to be.

See what I mean ....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A lie is something that is stated that you know is not true when you state it. I think Trump believes these things were true when he said them, so not lies. This type of characterization does nothing for either side.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join