It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: FamCore
From your title: The President Lied To The American People Again

You made at least 73 Trump threads between May 20th and October 16th of last year alone. I just love how much energy is expended on issues like this... 73 threads in 5 months, from you alone.

Is that possible? Because believe it or not, your nonstop barrage is actually having the opposite effect to what you intend. Any sane person would have realized by now that like it or not Donald Trump is YOUR PRESIDENT and nothing you say on ATS (or literally anywhere else) is going to change that. EVER.

I find it bizarre that you propose that once someone is elected President, they should become immune from fact-checking, scrutiny or criticism?

edit on 21-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: FamCore
From your title: The President Lied To The American People Again

You made at least 73 Trump threads between May 20th and October 16th of last year alone. I just love how much energy is expended on issues like this... 73 threads in 5 months, from you alone.

Is that possible? Because believe it or not, your nonstop barrage is actually having the opposite effect to what you intend. Any sane person would have realized by now that like it or not Donald Trump is YOUR PRESIDENT and nothing you say on ATS (or literally anywhere else) is going to change that. EVER.

I find it bizarre that you propose that once someone is elected President, they should become immune from fact-checking, scrutiny or criticism?

That is not what he said.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Dfairlite

Um... No. Hillary Clinton did NOT have a valid Security Clearance in January when many of these leaks started coming out one after the other.

Got a link for that? As far as I'm aware, there was a bill introduced to try to revoke it in July or so 2016, but it never went through. I believe she still has active top-secret clearance to this very day. Just because she isn't a government employee doesn't mean that goes away....it has to be revoked or lapsed.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Um yes, she did. Security clearances do not expire at the end of your term. I had a valid (inactive) security clearance for many years after I left a job that required one. Unless you have specific knowledge of hillary's security clearance expiration date I wouldn't be confident she didn't. As SoS, she had one. As a candidate for president, she had one. With her history in politics and her talk of running for another office, I doubt she had her clearance revoked at the end of every phase. She would have needed to be re-evaluated every time, which is a big hassle for TS or higher clearances.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ok. Well she still didn't have access to the government offices that would allow her access to the information that was leaked in January. Current clearance or otherwise. These are still baseless accusations.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I find it bizarre that you might actually think that is what I said.
edit on 3 21 2017 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

She may still have deep cover operatives in place.

Don't count it out.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sheesh... You guys never stop reaching for the absurd...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Maybe, maybe not. Officially, she probably didn't. But that's what they'd investigate. She has plenty of friends in government. Motive and opportunity would be enough (in most cases) to make someone a suspect. That's all I'm saying, it's reasonable to believe she would, at some point, be a suspect.

For the record, I don't think Clinton is the source of the leaks. In fact, if my sources are correct, the leakers names are known and they aren't household names.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
leaking intelligence information to undermine the Govt?

How did exposing the fact that the Chief National Security advisor was lieing to the public and had (if we are to believe Pence) caused the VP President to lie to the public as well..."Undermine Government"

A rational observer would note that the leak actually stripped Russia of potential blackmail material and forced (a now self-declared foreign agent) to step down as Chief National Security Advisor to the President.

I would be surprised if the leak was not actually sanctioned by the intelligence community.

As of yesterday the FBI has confirmed ongoing investigations into collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia. That collusion would no doubt not be investigated if not for the leaks to the public, which created intense public scrutiny, that resulted in grudging inquiries by both the Senate and House of Representatives....a public Scrutiny that also shelters Comey from being fired, as no doubt Trump would like to do.

"Leaks" exposed Nixon and led to his eventual resignation...That took almost 2 years from the time the leaks began...And that was for hiring a couple guys to break into a DNC field office...How long do you think Trump has left? I think collusion with a foreign government to interfere in a free democratic election carries a little weight..

We will see...but it would appear that leaking material about the President and his Associates colluding with Russia and covering it up are a service to our free democracy and sovereignty..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

We are constantly told we need to reach across the aisle, now you're ridiculing us for it? Make up your damn mind, please.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

a public Scrutiny that also shelters Comey from being fired, as no doubt Trump would like to do.

Ok, so when Comey comes out and says no wrongdoing by the trump campaign, will he be a hero or villain in your book?

This [investigation] is all playing out very predictably, so I want to get your take before it happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Maybe for like all of 2 minutes before the investigators moved on to other suspects.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
leaking intelligence information to undermine the Govt?

How did exposing the fact that the Chief National Security advisor was lieing to the public and had (if we are to believe Pence) caused the VP President to lie to the public as well..."Undermine Government"

A rational observer would note that the leak actually stripped Russia of potential blackmail material and forced (a now self-declared foreign agent) to step down as Chief National Security Advisor to the President.

I would be surprised if the leak was not actually sanctioned by the intelligence community.

As of yesterday the FBI has confirmed ongoing investigations into collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia. That collusion would no doubt not be investigated if not for the leaks to the public, which created intense public scrutiny, that resulted in grudging inquiries by both the Senate and House of Representatives....a public Scrutiny that also shelters Comey from being fired, as no doubt Trump would like to do.

"Leaks" exposed Nixon and led to his eventual resignation...That took almost 2 years from the time the leaks began...And that was for hiring a couple guys to break into a DNC field office...How long do you think Trump has left? I think collusion with a foreign government to interfere in a free democratic election carries a little weight..

We will see...but it would appear that leaking material about the President and his Associates colluding with Russia and covering it up are a service to our free democracy and sovereignty..

It was a crime to leak the information.
There was nothing in the conversation that had any association to anything in your post relating to 'blackmail'.
A really rational person would understand why the leak occurred.

The investigation started before the leaks post Trump being inaugurated, so your assumption that somehow the leaks triggered an investigation is nonsense. The FBI already had the information - it was not gleaned from the Washington Post.

edit on 21/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We are constantly told we need to reach across the aisle, now you're ridiculing us for it? Make up your damn mind, please.

Reaching across the aisle to blame Hillary Clinton for something she is unrelated to... AGAIN. Please tell me you aren't being serious. Because otherwise you have no clue what "reaching across the aisle" means.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That collusion would no doubt not be investigated if not for the leaks to the public, which created intense public scrutiny, that resulted in grudging inquiries by both the Senate and House of Representatives....a public Scrutiny that also shelters Comey from being fired, as no doubt Trump would like to do.

Leaks that Comey said were 90% false?

As Gowdy said, if the purpose is to bring something to the attention of law enforcement, then sure. Its a whistleblower scneario. If the purpose is to bring it to the people without a forum, however....what exactly is the purpose of the leak? To create justice? Can't be that, as the leaks are coming from people who are in justice (if the leaks even happened, and were just made up by the MSM). So what, exactly, is the point of our criminal investigators leaking information about a presidential candidate if not to skew the election?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ok. Well she still didn't have access to the government offices that would allow her access to the information that was leaked in January. Current clearance or otherwise. These are still baseless accusations.

Why would you assume she couldn't access the buildings?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That very well may be, the only people that know are in the FBI.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Honestly, I used to have that sentiment...But after seeing the hypocrisy, dishonesty and vitriol that Trump supporters pridefuly employ in loyal service of this morally bankrupt, dull witted wannabe tyrant?....I am less apt to encourage "reaching across the aisle"...at least not without a gallon of hand-sanitizer on hand.

That said...there are plenty of conservatives with integrity...Trumpites are not that though..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Why would you assume she couldn't access the buildings?

Why would you assume she did?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join