It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Lied To The American People Again. When Will Enough Be Enough?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Proving a negative?..give me a break

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The power of an ante thread. Gives everyone on the left an identity and a lot of confidence but nothing new is really happening.. same ol

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Another deflection. When are you guys going to get it about Trump. The dude is a cancer, he defamed Obama as a felon, and needs to at a minimum come out and apologize for his lies.

originally posted by: Gothmog
What President hasnt ?
Obama was Liar in Chief.
Regard the Senator that said "you lie" and was chastised. He actually was absolutely correct ( Obama Sh** Care would allow you to keep your policy and your doctor) The man deserves an apology from everyone....
You need a break from US politics
Perhaps a good science thread . Or joke pun thread

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When are you guys going to get it? Trump has NOTHING on Obama. Everyone sees it except for right wingers who will defend Trump like he's Santa Clause to a 3 years old kid.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: theantediluvian

Comey and Rogers saying they have no evidence to verify the contents of Trumps tweets is not proof that Trump is lying - it simply verifies that the FBI and NSA are unaware of any actual wiretapping being conducted via their respective agencies. It is now incumbent (as it was the moment he hit the 'tweet' button) on Trump to cough-up the evidence that led him to tweet the accusation(s) in the first place.

I'm not quite at the stage of labeling him a politician yet, so even though his lips move does not mean he's BS's on the taxpayers dime (and time).

As I've said in that thread (about the wiretapping), 'a goose he may be but stupid he is not' - if Trump is not forthcoming with evidence to back up his claim, then he will fall on his own sword and all subsequent tweets will be treated with the same level of disdain as those ones, he will lose all credibility (with his supporter base) and win not win 2020, even if Hillary was the opposition candidate.

That's how much work he has to do to prove to me he is not stupid and prove that he does not treat the POTUS position as a platform to spread deliberate lies (like his predecessors have done).

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Obama has a long track record of flat out lying, and he has been caught lying so many other times as well, like "I just found about it on the news like everyone else", in regards to fast and furious. Obama's lies have always had a real criminal element and intent contained in them. When Trump says something false he's either being told false information, or he's just not fully informed on an issue. Obama on the other hand is a true blue piece of SH#T

Please stop trying to polish Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The media defamed Obama. Trump just repeated the lies of the NYT and other MSM outlets.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I knew you were a Trumpanzee. But this is the first I've seen you be so open about it on here.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I never have been. My mother commented on it earlier, and asked about it. Her and I talk politics at great length, and i told her she was crazy, all the way up till a couple of weeks ago.

I support Trump because

- we share common enemies, and I believe he intends to see it through with the MSM and IC. I think the IC is the single greatest threat to humanity that has ever existed. That whole boot to the face forever Orwell referred to
- The power structure hates him and is moving extremely aggressively against him
- The half assed logic I see used to denigrate him pisses me off

Make a note. You won't likely see me support anyone in government again for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I knew you were a Trumpanzee. But this is the first I've seen you be so open about it on here.

I should add one more point that I hope makes sense:

I put truth above anything. I won't promote or speak to something I don't believe. Im seeing Trump handle a sword like a champion. You can't do that well if you aren't right, in my experience.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
All politicians lie .
Thats life .
Deal with it it .
Stop whining go home tell mummy you need your nappy changed .

Of course. For weeks we hear about how Obama is going to jail for his lying about wiretaps.

Now that won't work anymore so, it doesn't matter. All politicians lie.

No big deal. Get over it he says.

Such hypocrisy.

We better not ever hear anyone say anything about politicians lying then from you or your ilk.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It wasn't long ago that I posted that if Obama was guilty he should be held accountable and if Trump made a libelous claim he should be held accountable.

A lot of people on both sides agreed with that, but here we are and many of those people are now back tracking making excuses for that libelous bastard.

edit on 20-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The media defamed Obama. Trump just repeated the lies of the NYT and other MSM outlets.

Did you read the article?

All I can find is the front page and it says:

It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself.

Trump took a bit of a leap from that to: "Obama had my wires tapped".

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Humm...

Apart from all the convoluted BS filled throughout this thread, there is one part that seems to shine as to the true intentions behind your latest thread...

originally posted by: theantediluvian
On March 4th of this year, the President of the United States of America, a man who is privy to all of our nation's secrets, who has at his disposal one of the greatest intelligence gathering apparatuses the world has ever known — a man who holds the office which gives him what President Theodore Roosevelt termed the bully pulpit — used his position not to inform the American people, not to advance a worthwhile agenda for the good of Americans but rather, to tell a grievous lie about the former President and his administration:

If it wasn't for the fact that the IC has been surrounded in a lot of scandals recently in which we found out that the DNC denied the FBI access to the DNC servers, and instead hired a third private company to make allegations about "The Russians hacked us and interfered the election", and the FBI, the NSA went along with this lie even when they presented no evidence whatsoever to corroborate such claim.

If it wasn't for the fact that the FBI, lead investigator of Hillary Clinton email scandal, seems to have been bribed through a large donation to his wife with over $500,000 U.S.D. to her campaign. Not to mention the fact that that same FBI lead investigator was promoted first to the third highest position in the FBI and within a year to the second highest position in the FBI...

Then we had the former Director of National Intelligence under the Obama administration, James Clapper, lie once again as he claimed the first time around that the NSA under former President Obama wasn't storing data on million of Americans. Now that same Clapper claims the Obama administration did not wiretap Trump Tower, or President Trump while running for President of the U.S.

If it wasn't for all the controversy behind lies, half lies, and exaggerations which has surrounded the IC and their statements, I would have agreed with your claim. But that isn't the case.

Several people in the IC have been shown to be nothing but puppets of the DNC and the OBama administration....and you took it personally... I wonder why?

edit on 20-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Im sure he did.

But I think people expect too much clarify out of 140 characters. His tweets aren't even complete sentences and we are going to haggle over a word that has come to be ubiquitous? If he says he xerox'd something, do we expect he used a xerox?

Among people accustomed to IC vernacular, wiretap has a narrow meaning. Among the populace, its like calling saying your having "a Coke" when you're having Sam's Choice. Same/same.

Maybe thats ow it is, maybe not. Given the comments by Gowdy, and the way Comey responded, im not sure its a point worthy trying to belabor.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What do you find ambiguous here? Seems quite specific to me.

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

edit on 3/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Excellent post, but you didn't even mention head of the CIA John Brennan, who lied to Congress about the CIA spying on Congressmen. The intelligence agencies are Proven liars, not even my opinion, but absolute fact. Usually liberals would agree with this, but since we are talking about Trump, they would agree with with the Deep State. I bet liberals would even agree with the intelligence community that Saddam Hussein had WMD's, if Trump said they didn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nice try with the deflection. Read Trump's post, he made the baseless, slanderous accusation; now he needs to bend the knee and apologize.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You are aware that's 2 or 3 more Congressional hearings right?

Not to mention any closed and classified hearings.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm not talking about the term wire tapping. I mean that the NYT never says that he or his communications were in fact the target of any surveillance.

It doesn't even matter if the story from the NYT is accurate, saying that Obama ordered his surveillance isn't repeating what the NYT said.

edit on 20-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

This is the questioning from Gowdy, bolded emphasis mine:

Gowdy: I understand that, Director Comey, and I'm trying really hard not to get you to discuss the facts at bar, but some of the words that appeared in this public reporting include the word transcript, which has a very unique use in the matters that you and I are discussing this morning. That is a very unique use of that word. Wiretap has a very specific meaning. The name of a U. S. citizen that was supposed to statutorily be protected is no longer protected. So, some of this reporting — let's assume 90 percent of it is inaccurate. That other 10 percent is still really, really important. And to the extent that you can rely on the dates in either the Washington Post or The New York Times, we are talking about February of this year is when the reporting first took place. So, we are, we're a month and a half or two months into something that you and I agree is incredibly important and also happens to be a felony. So, I'm just simply asking you to assure the American people. You've already assured them you take it really seriously. Can you assure them that it is going to be investigated?

Comey: I can't, but I hope people watching know how seriously we take leaks of classified information, but I don't want to confirm it by saying we're investigating it, and I'm sorry I have to draw that line. I just think that's the right way to be.

Gowdy: Well, I'm not going to argue with you, Director Comey, but it is — you know, we're going to discuss a lot of important things today, whether Russia attempted to influence our democratic process is incredibly important. Whether they sought to influence it is a separate analysis, incredibly important. The motive behind that interference and influence, incredibly important. Our U.S. response, incredibly important. Some of that may rise to the level of a crime. Some of it does not rise to the level of a crime. One thing you and I agree on is the felonious dissemination of classified material most definitely is a crime. So, I would ask you, and I understand some of the procedures that you are up against — I would humbly ask you to seek authority from whomever you need to seek authority from. Because I'm going to finish the same way I started. This is an agreement between the American people and its government. We are going to — we, the American people, give certain powers to government to keep us safe, and when those powers are misused and the motive is not criminal investigations or national security, then I'll bet you my fellow citizens are rethinking their side of the equation. Because that U. S. citizen could be them next time. It could be you. It could be me. It could be anyone until we start seriously investigating and prosecuting what Congress thought was serious enough to attach a 10-year felony to. With that, I would yield back, Mr. Chairman.

Comey: Can I just add a response to what you said? I agree with you, Mr. Gowdy. Two things folks at home should know. First, an unauthorized disclosure of FISA is an extraordinarily unusual event, so be assured were going to take it very seriously, because our trust -- the American people and the federal judges that oversee our work is vital. And second, that this conversation has nothing to do with 702. Folks often mix them together. 702 is about targeting non-U.S. persons overseas. Pursuant to the FISA statute, the FBI can apply to collect electronic surveillance in the United States, but it's a different thing from 702. The conversation you and I are just having is about this, which is vital and important, but I just didn't want to leave folks confused.

Gowdy: Director Comey, you are 100 percent correct, and I am 100 percent correct in saying that that is a distinction that doesn't make a difference to most of the people watching television. You are exactly correct. What we are reauthorizing this fall has nothing to do with what we are discussing, other than it is another government program where the people consent to allow government to pursue certain things with the explicit promise it will be protected. So, you're right, they're different. But in the eyes of people watching, it is the U. S. government officials leaking the name of a U. S. citizen, and if it can happen here, it may happen there. Trust me, you and I both want to see it reauthorized. It is in jeopardy if we don't get this resolved.

Specific words used in reporting, as per Gowdy. I would like to find older articles with the verbiage, but they are not there. There were several over several months. I read them, trying to figure out what was going on. Its possible that they pulled an ABC and scrubbed it before they could get caught. I might be able to use the way back machine, but that is much more effort than im willing to put in for an internet argument that has no bearing on the real world. If its good enough for Gowdy, the Democratic senator, its good enough for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join