It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It didn't happen lol nobody does that unless the waiter asked to see the passport because he was going to serve them a drink with alcohol in it. It's is required by law to see ids or passports for age verification . I bet they requested a waiter who speaks spanish and the waiter asked them for their passports for age verification because they ordered an adult beverage.he probaby thought they had been tourist because they didn't speak english. They exploited the situation when he said passport instead of id and twisted his words. The picked a very white town to pull this stunt on for a reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
They also fired this grade A deplorable.

And there it is...
I stopped reading there.
You are incapable of not using leftist ad hominem attacks showing that you have been indoctrinated by people like Hillary Clinton.*shudder*

Thank god that people like this idiot in the OP make up a small portion of the population.
Wish I could say the same for the ideology the OP tows...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: VengefulGhost

In what country a waiter asked for your id?

Been asked in vietnam , malaysia , japan and here in singapore .

ROFL! No you have NOT. No waiter has ever asked you for your I.D. to prove you were a citizen, or your country of origin for that matter, before they would serve you. What a load of B.S. You are a liar. Period. Done.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'm sorry you were triggered by me insulting someone you don't even know. Though I really don't care if you participate in the thread or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He could have came up with a better excuse to check out the women. I wonder if he noted their addresses when he did that. He could just be trying to find out more about one of the women there. But then again he could be a stalker.

I think this might be deeper than the race/immigration card. Although maybe in this waiter's mind, it was all about legal status. I have the feeling that he might have wanted to know who one of the women was but was very bad at appropriate social skills.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: VengefulGhost

To be clear, when the waiters asked for your id was to deny service if you where illegal or to establish your age to buy alcohol?

Checking residency . Never been checked for i.d when purchasing alcohol over here .

Sorry, seeing as I've been to Vietnam out of the three countries you mentioned I can say I was never asked for my ID anywhere except at the airport, although I had been advised to carry it with me in case the police had reason to ask for it. No one at any point of making any contact with any person asked me for my ID.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

a reply to: JoshuaCox

I sadly have an insider view after 20 years of FOH.

Unless you physically worked at the restaurant and knew the guy personally then you don't have any more of an insider's view than I do.

I promise refusing service or to take a table is instant termination everywhere. It is a staple of the industry.

I promise that there are plenty of things that would result in instant termination everywhere that employees from any industry do anyways, because they think they can get away with it.

By the way, looking at your statement logically, you have a harder time being right than I do. All I'm saying is, "Some of the total wait staff in the country are capable of being racist assholes in lieu of protecting their job". You are saying, "None of the total wait staff would infringe on their job to be a racist".

All I have to do is produce 1 person that proves me right to be right; you have to rely on the whole country thinking like you do. Logically, my approach makes more sense. Plus I'm not sure why you find it so hard to beleive that a human will do something. From what I've seen of the world, if its physically possible then you will find a human who will attempt it.

It's not like I'm saying that this case represents a larger trend of waiters refusing service to Latinos or anything.

What I'm saying is that there is about a 90% chance that it is not really as it is being sold.

It COULD have been anything from a psychotic break, to a mentally disabled person who had just started, to super secret leftist false flag operatives...but those would all be isolated incidents..

This person( being in California ) I'm sure constantly waits on hispanics..

So was this the only time he decided to check papers?? And he has never had a complaint?!?!

Trump personally some how emboldening this guy to do stuff that is literally the antithesis of that particular industry has got to be the least likely option.

since the joke thing happens literally on a daily basis EVERYWHERE . It is by far the most logical choice in my personal opinion.

Maybe you could have some manager tell the Kid to check there papers as a joke.. assuming no one was stupid enough to actually believe him and do it. Then the kid, being an idiot did it strait faced like a champ...

Then the manager kinda threw him under the bus for being so dumb...

That is how antithesis doing that is in that industry....

That is why believing anyone not in training would assume that was ok or would not get them fired is VERY hard to believe..

edit on 20-3-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
It didn't happen lol nobody does that unless the waiter asked to see the passport because he was going to serve them a drink with alcohol in it. It's is required by law to see ids or passports for age verification . I bet they requested a waiter who speaks spanish and the waiter asked them for their passports for age verification because they ordered an adult beverage.he probaby thought they had been tourist because they didn't speak english. They exploited the situation when he said passport instead of id and twisted his words. The picked a very white town to pull this stunt on for a reason.

I'm going horible joke gone wrong...

He carded them for booze and as a joke off handedly said :

"I gotta make sure y'all are legal.."

Maybe even as a sarcastic dig at trumps immigration ban..

Then the cold sweat when you realize you just said something really stupid kicked in and he froze like a deer in the headlights..

The manager who might even like the kid was like ..

"I'm sorry dude but it's just too big..."

And fired him as is the norm.

I could also see a manager telling him as a joke to check there papers and the dummy actually did..
edit on 20-3-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

They also fired this grade A deplorable.

And there it is...
I stopped reading there.
You are incapable of not using leftist ad hominem attacks showing that you have been indoctrinated by people like Hillary Clinton.*shudder*

Thank god that people like this idiot in the OP make up a small portion of the population.
Wish I could say the same for the ideology the OP tows...

Way to show your inability to disregard propaganda buzz words..

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I sadly have an insider view after 20 years of FOH.

Unless you physically worked at the restaurant and knew the guy personally then you don't have any more of an insider's view than I do.

I promise refusing service or to take a table is instant termination everywhere. It is a staple of the industry.

I promise that there are plenty of things that would result in instant termination everywhere that employees from any industry do anyways, because they think they can get away with it.

By the way, looking at your statement logically, you have a harder time being right than I do. All I'm saying is, "Some of the total wait staff in the country are capable of being racist assholes in lieu of protecting their job". You are saying, "None of the total wait staff would infringe on their job to be a racist".

All I have to do is produce 1 person that proves me right to be right; you have to rely on the whole country thinking like you do. Logically, my approach makes more sense. Plus I'm not sure why you find it so hard to beleive that a human will do something. From what I've seen of the world, if its physically possible then you will find a human who will attempt it.

It's not like I'm saying that this case represents a larger trend of waiters refusing service to Latinos or anything.

No I said no one would knowingly do that and assume they still had a job.

Your guess was that trumps presidency had secretly made him think this was acceptable..

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Or a joke that went horribly wrong and the buisness wasn't gonna try and defend... Say he was really checking for age for cocktails and as a joke said " I gotta make sure y'all are from here.." Attempting for it to be viewed as a silly, sarcastic joke..but then it blew up...

I have seen this happen more times than I can count in the medical profession.

Some people just can't deliver a joke, and some people just can't read people well enough to know if a silly off-handed remark will fly or not.

As a Case Manager, I developed a reputation for being able to deal with the angry, the crochety, and the hostile customers. I had a pretty good barometer for gauging who you could tease down, and who was best handled with caution or decorum. I had a trainee that darn near got fired for attempting to deal with a hostile family the way she had seen me jokingly calm a hostile family during her training. It just didn't fly and the family wanted to see blood, her blood.

I too have had times that I misjudged a person, or the person just was extremely resistant to calming or compromise, in situations like that I would try to bring in a different mediator, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. You can't please all the people all the time and sometimes you are just going to run into a personality clash.

I doubt that someone that depends on tips for a living would deliberately offend a table of ladies out to have a good time. I agree with many others here on that one. From the article, no one else seemed to take offense at the request until one of the ladies may an issue of it, and then pushed it towards their agenda.

I think that joke , assuming it was a joke, was bad enough to illicit the response it got imho...

But I can 100% see how in your head , with a sarcastic enough delivery it could be hilarious...

But then you get crickets from the table and realize how bad it actually was....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here is a similar and contemporary case from NYC...This one went to a lawsuit.

Man Claims NYC Bar Denied Him Service Over Pro-Trump Hat

A Philadelphia man has sued a New York City bar after he says he was denied service because he was wearing a hat supporting President Donald Trump.

The New York Post reports Greg Piatek says in the lawsuit that he and his friends were initially served drinks at The Happiest Hour on Jan. 28.

But he says once a bartender noticed his “Make America Great Again” hat, he asked Piatek if it was “a joke.” He says a second round of drinks was “slammed” down on the bar.

The suit claims a manager later asked Piatek to leave, saying he was told by the bar owner that “anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here.”

The bar didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

But here's the thing you have to make up statistics on the spot and assume things about the situation to come to the conclusions you've arrived at. Also, even if only 1 out of 2.5 million waiters in the US are willing to lose their jobs over being a racist asshole that's still one person, and that one person could be identified and discussed rather easily. After all we all know that the news media LOVES to jump on anecdotes and present them as larger trends.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Your guess was that trumps presidency had secretly made him think this was acceptable..

Well it is a fact that racist incidents and hate crimes are on the rise since Trump took office. This could easily be one more in that larger trend.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I think that joke , assuming it was a joke, was bad enough to illicit the response it got imho... But I can 100% see how in your head , with a sarcastic enough delivery it could be hilarious... But then you get crickets from the table and realize how bad it actually was....Text

I wasn't at the table. I don't know the waiter, nor do I know the ladies. I found the reporter's description of the event a bit lacking. Since I don't know what happened, and considering the actions that followed, I feel the event may have become opportunistic.

The manager said,

It was the first time the employee had done anything like this, Bearden said, and he “had never received so much as a write-up” before.
Which led me to believe that he wasn't a problem employee and that no one had ever complained about him before. That doesn't mean that he wasn't being an ass that day, but it doesn't point to a person that would normally deliberately insult the costumers.

The fact that one of the women that complained made the statement,

Flummoxed, the four women handed over their IDs. But as what was happening sank in, they fumed. “I looked at my sister and [my friend], and I said, did he really just say that?”

leads me to believe the reporter may have embellished a bit. I think if they were angry they would not have handed over their IDs. I think one person took exception to the remark,

“I need to make sure you’re from here”
and rallied the others to her call. He requested their IDs; not their papers. This is not unusual if drinks were ordered.

You may be able to see 100% what is in my head, but I have no such power, and unfortunately, since what you stated matches exactly 0% of what went through my head, you don't either.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I obviously didn't mean your head nor the servers..

I meant I could see how something that wasn't funny, could seem like it might be, until you actually say it.

I find it hard to believe that the employer would not have backed the employee if he was ONLY carding for booze.

If it was all them trying to scam the place then I don't think the buisness apologizes.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are they really??

Or are they being reported more...

Are we sure this isnt the lefts version of the knockout game..

Taking isolated cases and pretending it's a problem with all of the black community???

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well it is a fact that racist incidents and hate crimes are on the rise since Trump took office. This could easily be one more in that larger trend.

I think that the rights "unrein big business" and anti government propaganda is far more destructive than the logical fallacies involved in the more extreme rape and PC culture Yahoo's propaganda.

But try not to fall for it and won't buy in and help make the hypocracy argument for the corporate shills.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm not comparing destructiveness of political rhetoric here. I'm just saying that the current political climate is seeing a rise in hate crimes, which is true.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join