It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Private Network Discussion - How to better hide yourself while on the Internet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Are you sure Big Brother is not watching you and your family? Do you have any idea how easy it is to penetrate your business and home computers? Why would anyone want to know who you are.... right? Well they (Big Brother do) your name and address, who lives with you, everyone FaceBook accounts, Twitter account etc..... it says a lot. BUT did you know you can stop this immediately?

Oh..... and Trump issue about hacking......is it possible to hack anything and leave behind ONLY the information you want them to find? YES. But I thought you cannot manipulate the internet and the ISP and my IP address? WRONG ....

I am going to attempt to explain the NEED for you to consider "upgrading" your computer system to protect yourself and family from being "identified" while surfing the net. Once you understand how the system works, you will understand how easy it is for you to sit in your living room surfing and anyone "listening in" and if they track you, they will see you are in Russia..... no wait a minute ... now you are in Singapore. Now how can that be?

I am in NO way a computer jock or expert so anyone out here who is please join in and make corrections where needed. All I did was something so few do.... RTFM (Read The F#cking Manual).

So I am going to talk about ISP (Internet Service Provider) your IP address, router, VPN, SmartDNS, and your web browser.

ISP .... pretty simple ... the guys in town who give you your cable TV, internet and telephone connections or DSL or satellite connection. These are the guys that issue you a IP address each time you go on the internet (unless you have a static line) This IP address identifies who you are and exactly where you are located at.

Router - a piece of hardware that hooks up to your internet connector (modem) and then to other devices such as your desktop, laptop, IPhone etc.... Some routers are much better than others.... I prefer and recommend a router that uses CISCO chips. Your internet provider traffic now goes through a router. A router has many functions and one of its main functions is to provide a higher level of security than NOT having one.

NOTE: Internet Security software does not exist like you think it does. Most U.S. software companies are required to leave back doors available for government monitoring (Patriot Act)

VPN - Virtual Privacy Network - CAUTION some are government owned and have the encryption keys..... like HMA and a few others.... Do you own research and you will find HMA is a sister company of that free online virus protector called Alvira.... which is also U.S. government owned..... I recommend you find one where there HQ is not based in U.S. Oh..... only one VPN out there that changes your IP and DNS automatically together ....

VPN provider and DNS provider with SOCK5 support is key.... Learn this and you too can do what you hear about on TV.... WHAT? YEP..... Sitting in Washington DC doing whatever you do on your laptop meanwhile all your traffic goes through numerous servers that have no log files starting with your VPN assigned IP address with no logs which then transfers to other servers with no log files..... so your paper trail YOU CAN CONTROL to whatever country you want (almost) depending on VPN and their locations....BUT most VPN providers often leave out a piece of info about their encryption which is most like HMA use ONLY 1024 bit encryption and not NSA standard. NSA can decrypt all messages 1024 and lower....with easy.

So......most VPN's are trash..... leaving you fully exposed to Big Brother meanwhile you think you are protected....

YOUR BROWSER is your enemy and it provides so much information it would shock you. It goes beyond tracking every move you make... it records info that you are not aware of....

COMPUTER GEEKS HELP ME OUT HERE.

Think of your browsers like .....limited A.I. So you need a browser that stores NO information at any time....like NetDET

The only way you are going to fool the internet where you are is by using a VPN and KNOWING how and what a DNS is.... Have this software installed on your router AFTER clearing all cache and formatting all drives (SO KILL).

Hope this helps you understand..... this has NOTHING to do with ......"Well I don't care because I am not breaking the law" .... well OK... what about your online banking and credit card purchase, online buying habits, FaceBook or your email account ? Does that bother you?

Whats holding back those who use this information to do you harm in ways you have no idea...Well, now I hope I have given you an idea....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Most of these online VPN's mine your data in the background for use of their services, I've stopped using VPN's for awhile.

You cannot have a secure VPN without paying a decent amount of money to server owners, the free ones just exploit you and leave you open for culpability.

P.S: The vault 7 leaks prove the CIA target you before encryption, all devices are compromised, so no VPN is safe.
edit on 20-3-17 by zGrimReapah because: V7

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a VPN is something i have thought about , too bad the hacks i have been the victim of was probably Brute force password hacking and VPN does not protect against that.

a 20 - 25 digits QWERTY password is highly recommended these days.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zGrimReapah

Most of these online VPN's mine your data in the background for use of their services, I've stopped using VPN's for awhile.

You cannot have a secure VPN without paying a decent amount of money to server owners, the free ones just exploit you and leave you open for culpability.

P.S: The vault 7 leaks prove the CIA target you before encryption, all devices are compromised, so no VPN is safe.

Maybe consider ExpressVPN out of Russia.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me if the CIA and NSA had a large portion of VPN's logging data for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You want the best, expert security procedures?

It's simple, really. 1. Have one device you do your private data applications on. It has to be brand new, and you cant do anything on it that will reveal your identity. 2. Make sure that where you got the device cannot be traced back to you after buying it. 3. Use only public wifi for transfering of data. It is best to be in a crowded area where lots of devices could be connected 'walmart parking lot' being in the parking lot covers you from camera survailence. 4. Use a high security vpn application that has no tracking logs. 5. Use tor web browser. Now what I have said is the 100% best way to keep yourself anonymous for everyone but the top 1% of people who actually make thier own signature, custom linux, security oses.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bankaikiller

NSA monitor some TOR exit nodes.... how do you think the FBI Catches people doing despicable things on the deep net

It's been known for awhile that TOR is compromised.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

NSA monitor some TOR exit nodes.... how do you think the FBI Catches people doing despicable things on the deep net

Yeah but there is no such thing as 100% safe unless you just cease to exist entirely. There is no 100% secure anything, only the possibilty of minimizing risks. Fbi, and nsa ect... Don't catch everyone, not even most criminals. Only ones that make themselves an easy target. Tor also receives updates frequently, but in all actuality, how do you battle against a multi billion dollar resource, with millions of super computers, and newly programmed quantum computers? You can't unless you are already full admin and or have access to the entire computer internet eco system. Which few people do, and will ever do.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Better yet try conducting yourself in a positive manner,if you aren't doing anything weird,chances are most don't care,if you need to hide,always some odd reason,I could care less

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Better yet try conducting yourself in a positive manner,if you aren't doing anything weird,chances are most don't care,if you need to hide,always some odd reason,I could care less

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't give a snip about big brother monitoring what I do online.

I give a snip about general purpose hackers and pests messing up my computer and freezing up my accounts online.

Anything nefarious best be done the good old fashioned way where one can see and hear and smell and feel.

Online is a great big fake play ground kind of thing for all but the banks.

The internet has become as useless as TV.

I use VPN and TOR just to keep the pests at bay, like swatting at gnats.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller
You want the best, expert security procedures?

It's simple, really. 1. Have one device you do your private data applications on. It has to be brand new, and you cant do anything on it that will reveal your identity. 2. Make sure that where you got the device cannot be traced back to you after buying it. 3. Use only public wifi for transfering of data. It is best to be in a crowded area where lots of devices could be connected 'walmart parking lot' being in the parking lot covers you from camera survailence. 4. Use a high security vpn application that has no tracking logs. 5. Use tor web browser. Now what I have said is the 100% best way to keep yourself anonymous for everyone but the top 1% of people who actually make thier own signature, custom linux, security oses.

Good advivce and I would recommend learn SOCK5 and SmartDns.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Another reason to use VPN WITH SmartDns while using Tor.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I am going to attempt to explain the NEED for you to consider "upgrading" your computer system to protect yourself and family from being "identified" while surfing the net.

I've been looking into VPN's for a while now as I know I need to protect myself online, the only problem is any of them worth their salt are not free and if it costs more than that, it's too expensive for me, I am a very poor man, financially speaking...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I don't give a snip about big brother monitoring what I do online.

I give a snip about general purpose hackers and pests messing up my computer and freezing up my accounts online.

Anything nefarious best be done the good old fashioned way where one can see and hear and smell and feel.

Online is a great big fake play ground kind of thing for all but the banks.

The internet has become as useless as TV.

I use VPN and TOR just to keep the pests at bay, like swatting at gnats.

Many people use VPN but without hardware making VPN software alone is not good enough and can be hacked so what is needed? A router...one with Cisco hardware inside..... now getting past this hardware running with a VPN that changes every thirty minutes.... is brute force proof....hacked in less than 30 mins......NSA yes.....but to be a NSA target...... you are on the FBI most wanted list.......or worse.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I am going to attempt to explain the NEED for you to consider "upgrading" your computer system to protect yourself and family from being "identified" while surfing the net.

I've been looking into VPN's for a while now as I know I need to protect myself online, the only problem is any of them worth their salt are not free and if it costs more than that, it's too expensive for me, I am a very poor man, financially speaking...

Free anything online is government owned or leased.... getting access to your machine is easy and is done daily...... so no free VPN stuff...

Go online and find Net Det 7.0 it cost 700 dollars..... on dark net it is free. Use it on a windows machine with Tor and Firefox. Get Firefox add on called bloody Viking... there are others you need. PM me.

A good VPN cost 100 dollars per year. A good VPN provider also has SmartDns included and encryption at NSA level.

So having this stuff on your machine.....never will you see a DDOS or DDS attack again.

Router....first step towards security......HARDWARE.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22035302]DeathSlayer[/post

Free anything online is government owned or leased.... getting access to your machine is easy and is done daily...... so no free VPN stuff...

Go online and find Net Det 7.0 it cost 700 dollars..... on dark net it is free. Use it on a windows machine with Tor and Firefox. Get Firefox add on called bloody Viking... there are others you need. PM me.

A good VPN cost 100 dollars per year. A good VPN provider also has SmartDns included and encryption at NSA level.

So having this stuff on your machine.....never will you see a DDOS or DDS attack again.

even $100 a year (or £80.75 in old money) is a lot for me. Hopefully my financial situation will improve, I'm trying to get back on my feet after a few years of being knocked on my arse...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Depends who you are hiding from.

Every piece of traffic going over fiber in the USA is definitely subject to and almost certainly under surveillance. Think your encrypted traffic is safe? Wrong. You are getting man-in-the-middled.

You can hide your identity with a socks proxy (bought with prepaid cc paid by cash), but the gov will sniff you out if you aren't using open networks from a laptop you bought off Craigslist using a burner phone paid for in cash.

Really i think the only way to be truely secure is with a pre-exchanged pgp key, but I'm thinking rolling-encryption might work too.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: [post=22035302]DeathSlayer[/post

even $100 a year (or £80.75 in old money) is a lot for me. Hopefully my financial situation will improve, I'm trying to get back on my feet after a few years of being knocked on my arse...

Understand so.....

RULE 1 - Never use Google

RULE 2 - Only USE DuckGoDuck as your search engine. No logs.

Only use Firefox or NET DET (Microsoft machines)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
Depends who you are hiding from.

Every piece of traffic going over fiber in the USA is definitely subject to and almost certainly under surveillance. Think your encrypted traffic is safe? Wrong. You are getting man-in-the-middled.

You can hide your identity with a socks proxy (bought with prepaid cc paid by cash), but the gov will sniff you out if you aren't using open networks from a laptop you bought off Craigslist using a burner phone paid for in cash.

Really i think the only way to be truely secure is with a pre-exchanged pgp key, but I'm thinking rolling-encryption might work too.

They are able to intercept all traffic but they can"t track all traffic from its original origin making if not impossible UNLESS the bad guy is dumb and use open names, addresses and open phone lines. As long as you don"t give away your location by telling someone.....use sock5 info with a special browser like NET DET even Firefox is possible due to its open source.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join