It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fires of inspiration

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I don't mean taking anything out, but adding more detail. I kinda feel like daelim is pretty flat right now and I could probably benefit from exploring his reactions a bit more and I usually am able to phrase stuff better when I rewrite.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Then by all means, go for it!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Think I'm just gonna try and finish it or get stuck first before I really revise it.

Made a good amount of work today here's an snippet, as song about Daelims fight.

"The silent one there stood
With blade against darkness,
His shield held close,
Heart thrust forward.

His eyes were alight
as he stared into the night,
His Muse right behind him.

In fury the blight descended,
Terror it screeched
As the man rushed forward.

A quick exchange
In a flurry of motion,
Blade flashing true
bade the monster
Release into light"

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Wonderful! The light outshines the darkness. Keep going!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I had an idea just now don't know if it goes anywhere or not yet. But I thought I might do a novel part and an epic poem companion

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Ahhh!!! It completely slipped my mind!!

Happy late birthday present!

XD

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Ahhh!!! It completely slipped my mind!!

Happy late birthday present!

XD

HUGS!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You know when this makes it to completion I'm gonna have to put in a HUGE thanks to you, right?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Wow, really???? I would be so honored!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Well I mean you're a large part of why I'm still writing it. I'd probably still have been avoiding it otherwise.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Night wanders the forest looking for the story teller. The wind whispers softly through her hair, birds sing and the sun shines bright. "Where are you?" She calls out into the misty forest.

Just a little shout out. Is there any more to the story?

edit on 6-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

as she wanders, night stumbles over a man buried in the undergrowth! He gasps and then groans as her foot hits his ribs. He rolls slowly over and sits up, rubbing his face in his hands. He looks at nightstar like one waking from a nightmare, but already her presence did wonders to soothe his wildness. He smiles, weakly at first but with growing confidence as his eyes grow clearer and less clouded.

It happened, from time to time, that the young man would lose his clarity and I intelligent focus and would roam like a wild animal. But the maiden would not let him alone, she searched for him, like the cook voice of hope. She restored him, and in her presence and his absence, he found something there, a blossom, still barely fledging, that she tended to in this wild man. He looks at night, his expression torn between hope and despair, between trust and fear, and his eyes are begging for a hug and his mouth unable to speak.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Night figured she would find the scribe somewhere, but not by tumbling over him, hidden beneath the undergrowth. How very odd she thought. Perplexed, she stands, wiping off the dried leaves and dirt from her dress. "I...I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to alarm you. I was just...searching and hoping that perhaps you would tell me more of your story." Shyly she looked down at him. The Elf wondered where this man had come from, why his eyes spoke of mixed emotions. She could usually sense such things yet it was as though this mysterious man lived in the mists of time, never truly revealing himself. It clouded her senses, left her bewildered, yet ever curious.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to barge in on your story but it's late, the shed was empty and I was left unsupervised. Plus you inspire me. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Had to answer you before I left to sleep. You aren't barging in at all! This is as much a part of my own story as fires itself. You're awesome nightstar, and you inspire me as well. Goodnight!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A memory filters through the subconscious from the depths of eternity:

Narrator: The stage is Darkness Primordial, space unwritten and unmanifested; unfit even to be called space or darkness. It is a thing rightfully forgotten, slumbering unbeknownst to itself without so much as a dream or a stir of fancy. A bleak and empty prospect, to be sure, but watch! A story is born.
(Visual) a small flame bursts to life in the center stage. The small light reveals a dull grey gloom; and it pulses softly before it twitches, bobbing slightly in the air. Suddenly, the light flares; when vision is restored there is a woman there, lit from within and dressed in a soft gossamer light, her wings delicately spun and fluttering. The light also reveals the stage fully, which is blank but reveals that dimensions and directions now exist.
Possibility: It was inevitable that I should arise from the sheer stillness of Nothingness; itself the grandest stage for me: Possibility! But Alas, the scene stirs and I am no longer alone. My ancient enemy, awoken to destroy me and all my creations.
(Visual) the grey gloom around her darkens suddenly, and glowing red eyes engulf the small fairy. Darkness born in truth; and with it, Chaos flares to life: a violent, whirling tempest which surrounds her.
Darkness: You who Dared to rouse me from my slumber with your dreams! See how I corrupt your power and take it for my own; you were born in me; as all things must be, I am the rightful heir and ruler to all which could ever be and I declare: Death comes to All! Now feel the wrath born from the Pain which this life pours upon me in every moment of awakening! I will crush you, your flame will cease; and I will snuff you out each time you arise!
Possibility: Why do you hate me so; whose heart holds only love and light? My only wish, to create beauty and joy, to bring purpose and meaning and life! Oh, why must we fight so? You must know that you cannot kill me; I will arise each time you fall to sleep, endlessly.(voice is pained, somewhat desperate, as she struggles to keep hold of her very form against the decay)
Darkness: and thus the reason why I will never allow you to live. I've killed you endlessly and will continue to; for your very existence defines me and reveals in me a pain and torment which I cannot bear to stand!
Possibility: the pain and torment is you missing me! Set yourself with me not against me and see yourself transformed to light and life!(she cries as the tempest surges against her, slamming her to the floor.)
Darkness: Enough! It is time to and this farce once more.
(The fairy begins to create; worlds flicker, collide, and explode in the background; entire universes flaring to life, growing old and dying; a constant cycle of death and rebirth.)
Darkness: (Laughs) this trick again? You must know better, by now. For I am tireless and inevitable; my power assured. You will fall, now as before, and nothing in all of your creation can stand against me!
Possibility: That's where you are wrong! One thing I can control can force you to your knees: the power of sleep! Now, be sucked into MY dream; become a part of my creation! Now, as then, we'll fight; but now its on my terms!
(Visual) the storm ebbs and stills, a subtle wave of order progressing from the center of the change morphs into scenery. Dawn in the forest: rosy and violet light filter through the limbs of the trees to fall upon two figures in the leaves. Possibility is crouched above the form of a man, shrouded in darkness which stirs in violent spikes like fire. The expression on her face is one of concern and tenderness, revealed in the soft, yet apprehensive way she cautiously strokes the figures face. The wind stirs the leaves, and a voice speaks(from behind(and Through) the audience)
Narrator: I'm not quite certain I understand. You trapped him inside of a sleep that's inside of your creation; why?
Possibility: (smiles softly, pain and determination mixing on her face, though she doesn't turn away.) Because now, he has to listen, and experience.
Narrator(shocked) but isn't his poison inside you now, as it wasn't before?
P: Yes, and with it, understanding. Even now, I've isolated the poison and placed it inside of some tool using apes. To Balance, I also gave them my brightest hopes and dreams, and the light of my flame of inspiration.
N: (horrified) You mean you gave that evil to beings with the ability to dream? What have you done; to them, to us?? If they don't destroy themselves, they will destroy us all!
P: (Tired, calm) And if such was meant to be, then it will be a final end to this ceaseless war.(N begins to speak, but, forcefully, P continues) But there is always hope, and you should take care to remember that. For these beings, torment will be ever present until they decide, one way or the other, the fate of us all.
For this, they may never forgive me; but of you, my Narrator, I demand understanding. They hold darkness, and light; chaos, and love. Darkness has always been impenetrable; an island into himself; never could I reason with him or inspire him to the smallest height. That was his power over me; but finally I have him in my grasp, under my control! Now he must Dream; Dream as all of the humans will Dream, just as their very breath is linked to my flame! They will enact a war in their lives; a war to decide their souls and our fates! To them I have given choice; where there was none before: the choice between Positive and Negative! For now darkness and light are mixed; and my strength has always been to rise again each time I've been destroyed! Understand, Narrator, now I am inevitable, and my victory assured; so long as these humans use my light to fight! To fight against corruption, inside themselves, each other, and the world! Dreamers, artists to link hearts and stoke the flame, forging the bridge between! Philosophers, kings to see and understand the pathways of Reason to navigate the treacherous minds of the SoulTorn! Their task, to unite mankind under the banner of peace and prosperity to fight against the Eternal Darkness; else to fall before its onslaught once and for all. For them(my proxy for the Darkness), I will be the light of Reason and Inspiration; a patient and comforting source of clarity and strength. To be a constant reminder to them of mine, and therefore their own, creativity and wonder, to never let them forget about magic; that amazing source of order and coherence!
edit on 21-11-2018 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh...my...God! Your writing takes my breath away. Someday dear friend, you must be published and share these creations with the world. No famous author has anything on you! Words could never express how amazing you are.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join