It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The walking dead - Mar 19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well folks, were into the final episodes of season 7 of the walking dead.

We have Eugene living it up on easy street..I mean at Negans compound, Rick and group gathering guns for the garbage pail kids, Daryl hiding out at the hill top. Carol finally knows the truth about Glenn and Abe and appears to be back in Navy SEAL mode. Morgan is back to his old self, ready and looking to kill. An Ezekiel is finally realizing that the saviours need to go.
Oh and Sasha and Rosita performing a Thelma and Louise, suicide pact.

The word is that Sasha - Sonequa Martin, has taken on a reoccurring role for new series Star Trek: Discovery.
Is this the perfect set up to kill her character off?
Will she and sexy Rosita go off to put a bullet between Negans Eyes, but somehow get caught in the process?
It's obvious that Negan is not going to die this season, or else we would already be in the "All out War" series from the comics.

Im guessing either Negan brings the pain of Lucille on Sasha or one of his goons will go after the thwarted twosome, and manages to catch Sasha with a bullet....allowing Rosita to get away...I hope.

I honestly have been less attracted to Rosita this season. She's been a raging B-word at every turn.
I find that to be a major turn off...even if it is just a fictional character.
So really, I couldn't care less if both Sasha and Rosita's characters get killed off tonight.

I find both of them to be just filler in the show, none have done anything exceptional for the group and really their deaths would not be very impactful.
But Kirkman would be able to say he killed off 4 Major characters this season.... so who knows.

What are your predictions for tonight's episode ?
Or have you lost your lust for the walking dead due to the direction it has taken?

My wife whom is unfamiliar with the comics used to love this show, as soon as Ezekiel and his kingdom were portrayed, I can't even get her to watch the show anymore.

I also have to admit, in the comics Ezekiel's character, although pretended he was an actual king. He doesn't talk as much in a royal dialogue as our tv show king does. In the comics he eventually pretty much starts talking normal.
I think the show is over doing it with his character.

What do you think will happen tonight?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I'm not real fond of either of them and the last couple eps had too much FILLER. Though I did enjoy Rick and Michonne just having fun in the great wilds and Rick seemed to just want to hang out. I will be watching the new one on the net at about 10:15 est, not on TV, So just don't put spoilers.

edit on 19-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've been missing some episodes from the last half of this season, I'm liking fear the walking dead more. I never read the comics, liked Glenn more in the tv series than Rick and would have preferred Rick to have gone a while ago. I'll be watching the final episode, may as well get some kind of conclusion, but I'm more looking forward to the premiere of Into the Badlands.

I guess there will be 'All out war' come season 8, maybe will have to watch when it does.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh I won't put any spoilers.
I just hope it's a good episode.

I also really liked the rick and Mich. episode. It was good seeing them getting a Break finally.
Man it's awesome knowing Carol is back in action

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Oh I won't put any spoilers.
I just hope it's a good episode.

I also really liked the rick and Mich. episode. It was good seeing them getting a Break finally.
Man it's awesome knowing Carol is back in action

Was nice to see Carol make a decision to be active. I hope this is a good one

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Minor spoiler:
Jesus just admitted he's gay

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Not really a spoiler, but the opening scene had me singing the south park "montage"song ...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Pretty good episode tonight!
Got a nice set up for next week!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yawn......This whole second half of season...DBL yawn.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Minor spoiler:
Jesus just admitted he's gay

What?!!
I missed last night's episode AND Into the Badlands (which I really wanted to catch).
Oh well
and aren't there some other gay characters on the show? I can't remember if they were killed off. I believe there is still half of a lesbian couple...
I suppose if the zombie apocalypse portrayal is to mirror real life, it only makes sense.

P.S. I DID get the impression that he had the 'hots' for Maggie but, I suppose I misinterpreted that.

edit on 20-3-2017 by TNMockingbird because: stopping here at this post in case there's spoilers below...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yup thats right, Aaron and Eric are still alive.
And its surprising to see gay characters on this show that are actual main cast members.

Aaron is on screen very often. His BF not so much - I think only once or twice this season.
Tara has been around for a few seasons now. And then Jesus, who showed up last season - will be on screen well into season 9 or 10.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Yup thats right, Aaron and Eric are still alive.
And its surprising to see gay characters on this show that are actual main cast members.

Aaron is on screen very often. His BF not so much - I think only once or twice this season.
Tara has been around for a few seasons now. And then Jesus, who showed up last season - will be on screen well into season 9 or 10.

Ahhh, thought someone was missing (the BF)...thought he was dead and I missed it.
Jesus is still alright with me! LOL
The show needed some 'eye candy' since they went and castrated (not really but, practically) Daryl, IMO
Some of us ladies can appreciate that. Although in a 'real' zombie apocalypse, I think the last thing on my mind would be frollicking around an old amusement park...that whole episode irritated me as I felt it was unbelievable (LOL the irony), unnecessary and obviously gratuitous.
Thanks for the updates!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

During that carnival episode, I would have just turned the tv off if they would have had some of the zombies dressed up as clowns lol.
I didnt like the machine gun zombie idea either. To set up. The zombie just happened to be caught up on some spikes facing the same direction our heros were...and of course the trigger lock was off so the gun was live.
Meanwhile every other zombie still had their guns holstered or shouldered.

I was very satisfied with the last 15 minutes of last nights episode.
Mainly because as I mentioned earlier in this thread that Sasha was jumping ship to be on Star Trek.
An sure enough she ran off into the oblivion last night.
Im fairly certain that was Dwight we seen at the end of the episode. He didnt have his crossbow aimed at Rosita, so im wondering if hes going to approach her about joining forces against Negan.
I was also very surprised about Eugenes decline to escape.
He must really be loving his Gringly-Gunk sock monkey thing lol

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Yeah, Eugene's new warm and fuzzy feeling toward Negan surprises me (I don't read the comic series). He's such a whimpering puss, I really can't stand him.
I wondered if he was just infiltrating the enemy's camp, if he's smart (crafty) enough for that, and then decided that no, he is just a wimp.
I'll hate to see Negan killed off though as he IS an interesting and entertaining character. I think he gave the show a breath of life when it was needed, I (an average person) was losing interest as I felt like the plot was just going round and round...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Exactly, Like I know its the zombie apoc. but really, how much bad luck can a group of people really have lol?
A one eyed lunatic shows up at your new home in a freeking tank and starts killing your friends.
You run into another group that seem okay at first, but turn out to be a bunch of cannibals. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I thought episode 14 was 80% filler and dragged out situations, and 20% action and storyline. I was pretty disappointed with last nights show. Just my opinion. To each their own.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, his character has always been about being/doing whatever he had to in order to survive. This is just more of the same. I predict it will get him killed because Negan is going to put his so-called genius status to the test. Eugene will likely fail and end up with Lucille.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

For seemingly no reason at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have to admit, having Sasha run off into that building on her own, to avenge the death of her boyfriend of like 3 weeks, is kind of silly.
Its like they are forcing her death, just to be able to say they killed her off.
Rosita at least was with Abe for like 4 seasons on the show, so if they were to kill off Rosita that way, then I would be more willing to go along with it.
But why have Sasha go run into the oblivion for a dude she barely knew?
Just seems forced.
I could think of way better ways to have her go out in style.

top topics

join