It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Shadow Ban Is Real - Hacked Documents Coming

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: elouina
Conservatives are being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Beat up, bullied, censored, and made to feel like a sub class of citizens. What Twitter has done helped propagate this horrific atmosphere of the fascist "kill the Jew" treatment.

Oh please. You're comparing being thrown in ovens with twitter. FFS get a grip on yourself. That's just insulting.

BTW, twitter can censor anything they want as a private company. But go right ahead and try to sue them for it.

But stop comparing yourselves with Jews in Nazi Germany. You sound ridiculous.

^^^^^ This.

This is an insane post. Is this really what things have come to? Trying to BULLY a company into forcing them to give you a platform?

Twitter is a PRIVATE service. They aren't required to give you a voice or platform to spread your ideology or beliefs. If what you say contradicts with how they feel, or even if it DOESNT - they don't have to serve you, just like a fast food joint doesn't have to.

This is just silly. Whining because you don't get your way.

And for the record, I'm a conservative, so this isn't political bias with me, it is just plainly obvious that they have every right to censor anyone as they wish, ON THEIR OWN SERVICE.

edit: Also, I'm not saying what Twitter is doing is right. I think it is VERY shady for a social media platform to be politically bias and filter its members' voice. I was just responding to the guy saying they would be taking LEGAL action....because there is no basis for legal action at all.
edit on 3/20/2017 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012

originally posted by: mOjOm

Conservatives are being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Beat up, bullied, censored, and made to feel like a sub class of citizens. What Twitter has done helped propagate this horrific atmosphere of the fascist "kill the Jew" treatment.

Oh please. You're comparing being thrown in ovens with twitter. FFS get a grip on yourself. That's just insulting.

BTW, twitter can censor anything they want as a private company. But go right ahead and try to sue them for it.

But stop comparing yourselves with Jews in Nazi Germany. You sound ridiculous.

This is an insane post. Is this really what things have come to? Trying to BULLY a company into forcing them to give you a platform?

Twitter is a PRIVATE service. They aren't required to give you a voice or platform to spread your ideology or beliefs. If what you say contradicts with how they feel, or even if it DOESNT - they don't have to serve you, just like a fast food joint doesn't have to.

They don't have to serve you....

Unless of course you're gay...

or Muslim...

Or any other oppressed minority group with hurt feelings

edit on 20-3-2017 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Did anyone bother to put together a list of liberal biased twitter accounts that have been shut down? Do conservative twitter accounts still exist? This is what.. a handpicked list created to forward an agenda of "Waa.. poor us!"? I have a feeling there are many "terms" that include liberal accounts that are also banned. Where is that list?

Private sites can do as they like regardless. You know.. like the Whitehouse has the prerogative to say.. remove all mentions of LGBT, climate change, and civil rights from their site. Oh.. wait.. they did.. on Trump's inauguration day! But they did replace it with info regarding Malania.. including info about her QVC jewelry line! Which they later removed, after getting some heat.. go figure. Omg.. just.. like the Jews!

Or.. not at all. Just like this stupid twitter list.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If this is true, i wonder what effect it'll have on Twitter?

It's true all right. The leak author is 100% trustworthy. We may be looking at a class action lawsuit for discrimination.

This ordeal could hit Twitter very hard, or not even make a dent. If no one hears us, will it even matter?

Lawsuit for what? First, political choice is not a protected class. Further, Twitter is a privately owned web site which means they can literally do whatever they want. They don't have to let anyone have accounts if they don't want to. There is no such thing as censorship on a web site. Just get over it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Hey, OP, you sound like an idiot. 'Conservatives' are getting abused? Give me a break! Conservatives are running the show, (right into the ground, but still...). 'Conservatives' don't like what's happening now because they're in the spotlight, and even though they had 8 years to figure what they wanted to do, they instead elected a clown who's only interest is making more money for himself and his posse, and the rest of the country/world has the outright nerve to notice. Boo hoo, poor picked-on conservatives.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There's a general phenomenon I've noticed on the internet. Any forum or social media with free speech and little to no moderation becomes right wing. Leftist ideas cannot exist without censorship and moderation. This is why we've started seeing armies of paid shills trying to flood spaces with their talking points, and trending hash tags being censored on twitter and Facebook.

Bottom line : they can try but they can't censor it all! Keep postin boys.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Arrestme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: elouina

I don't know what kind of claim anyone will have in court. You don't have damages. Twitter still provides you a mic to speak into...they just cut the feed from it. That is within their right.

But that doesn't make it right, and likely will bite them in the ass big time if true.

If they were tweeting about gay cupcake baking services and got shadow banned, all hell would break loose.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just updating everyone, he was giving wikileaks I think it was a week before he takes this to 4chan. He confided in me that Wikileaks uses Twitter as a key platform so understands if they don't leak this themselves. Totally makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If this is true, i wonder what effect it'll have on Twitter?

It is true.

I've seen a lot of upset/unhappy folks tweet about it because the bias towards the left & SJW crowd is unreal. Look how much ATS has changed in the last year. You cannot log in here without seeing multiple anti-Trump posts or look in a thread without someone blaming him for everything that is wrong in the world.

Idk if it will have any effect on Twitter, but Gab will.

Well, I should say Gab will have an effect if the bias and absolute nonsense Apple has put them through but not approving their app and taking eons to review their changes, etc. comes to a stop and they're able to finally release their app.

It's just more proof that there is a real push by these types to not MAGA, to squelch free speech when it doesn't fit their agenda and to continue to Russia nonsense no matter what.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join