It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Shadow Ban Is Real - Hacked Documents Coming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
oh well, twitter is a private company and can refuse service to whoever they want.

The problem is that the left have been working hard to get control of social media so they can control what people watch and read.

My guess is that when the Obama administration gave governance to ICANN over the internet, it is eventually what these globalists will do. Control every form of media, and the internet itself.

I find it ironic that the far left always claims "the right are facists", yet it is the far left who always seem to follow the footsteps of fascists.

edit on 19-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is kind of silly; is Twitter or any other social media platform supposed to be unbiased and allow whatever political rantings or ideological leanings occur? Even ATS has T&C that the owners expect all members to adhere too.

In the same manner as news outlets have political leanings so do soical network sites; and it is well within their right to ban or censor any information or posts they do not want on it... so it's not really any conspiracy of mass media censorship it is the owners saying I don;t want that brand of political business going on and since I or my shareholders do not want it either?

This isn't going to be the platform to allow it. So it is what it is; there are plenty of social platforms for such leanings; best to find those... otherwise it is whinning and wanting control of a media outlet to use as ones own; when it is not ones own in any way shape or form, and that's just the way it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

And what happens when all social media is controlled by the far leftists who want to control all information? That's what authoritarians do. Doing it on a global scale, they won't stop just on western nations, then the globe is controlled by authoritarians with a left-wing bias.

Just look at what has been happening. Trump was elected whether people agree with it or not, yet the left keep using their own pawns in positions of power to stop changes done by the new administration.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Twitter in a nutshell.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Twitter is a platform that claims to promote free speech. They have no problem verifying groups that support terrorism, but if you dare speak a conservative opinion or criticize the narrative they will try to silence and push you to the back of the bus.

But what do you expect when Twitters largest shareholders are from Saudi Arabia.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

OMG, that's so weird, because it happens to Liberals too!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: elouina
a reply to: mOjOm

Did you watch the video? You posted too quickly to have watched it. You can't have an opinion on this unless you witness the atrocities against conservatives by Nazi brownshirts aka Liberals.

NOW WATCH
vimeo.com...

And PS the Jews were the rich store owners, they had prestige and wealth. They had it all. But having it all doesn't mean someone can't take your life or limbs away.

In most of that video you can't tell who is doing what, but in the beginning, you see someone carrying a sign with a swastika on the far side being pushed against by the near side.

Too bad for the swastika side, but they should be pretty much run over.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Twitter is a platform that claims to promote free speech. They have no problem verifying groups that support terrorism, but if you dare speak a conservative opinion or criticize the narrative they will try to silence and push you to the back of the bus.

But what do you expect when Twitters largest shareholders are from Saudi Arabia.

Twitter is a private business. Get used to it. You can #boycott Twitter if you want. Like people #boycott a lot of things.
edit on 19-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I personally do not care what jibber jabber someone wants to jive; talk is just talk... that talk being information? Rare it is informative at all in the slightest... typically just talking head rhetoric with an emotion of frustraition behind it... that nonsense occurs no matter what political leanings one may jive or get extremist with... ideology has that written into it by it's very nature; not as something to be expected but as a given.

Better to talk of solutions that have no affiliation other than with solving a known problem; instead of bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, whine, whine... congratulations there's nothing interesting occuring in such a thing. Delete it all...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Konduit

Twitter is a private business. Get used to it. You can #boycott Twitter if you want. Like people #boycott a lot of things.

The Muslim Brotherhood is not considered a group that supports terrorism all over the world. Twitter is probably not interested in your singular opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Called different moderators handling the same thing differently in a nutshell. Thats just the truth of it; having been a moderator myself... I saw things other mods deleted or edited or even people banned and I was like um all of it was well within terms of the site; reason? Oh I didn;t like them and got tired of reading their crap.

Oh ok...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Konduit

Called different moderators handling the same thing differently in a nutshell. Thats just the truth of it; having been a moderator myself... I saw things other mods deleted or edited or even people banned and I was like um all of it was well within terms of the site; reason? Oh I didn;t like them and got tired of reading their crap.

Oh ok...

Really odd statement to follow with 'go mods'. You dis and mock the system and then say that, seems sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Conservatives are being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany

...yeah, except for the part where you're picked clean of all possessions, rounded up like cattle, shipped hundreds of miles, and systematically murdered by your own military and government en masse.

Dispense with the disgusting hyperbole, true believer--you're not doing yourself or your cause any favors.
edit on 19-3-2017 by TramperoJuan because: lorem ipsum...that's why

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Craigslist 'shadowbans' for almost any reason or no reason. The fact that it is Twitter makes it more important?
Twitter is one of the useful ways to get news out during a disaster or attack from witnesses on the ground. There are lots of other ways. Other than that, is is social media chat owned by a private party.

They can shadow ban or block or ban whoever they want.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: subfab
oh well, twitter is a private company and can refuse service to whoever they want.

The problem is that the left have been working hard to get control of social media so they can control what people watch and read.

My guess is that when the Obama administration gave governance to ICANN over the internet, it is eventually what these globalists will do. Control every form of media, and the internet itself.

I find it ironic that the far left always claims "the right are facists", yet it is the far left who always seem to follow the footsteps of fascists.

Absolutely loved your answer. BTW! We need to amend our constitution where as we have the right to be 100% free of censorship. In fact, it should be downright illegal.

You would think the 1st amendment protects us. But these so called businesses such as Google and Twitter that heavily censor us cause huge problems. So, remove the monopolies or Ammend the constitution.

I may actually do something about this myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Conservatives are being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany.

NO, they aren't.

(post by reldra removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: mOjOm

Did you watch the video? You posted too quickly to have watched it. You can't have an opinion on this unless you witness the atrocities against conservatives by Nazi brownshirts aka Liberals.

NOW WATCH
vimeo.com...

And PS the Jews were the rich store owners, they had prestige and wealth. They had it all. But having it all doesn't mean someone can't take your life or limbs away.

In most of that video you can't tell who is doing what, but in the beginning, you see someone carrying a sign with a swastika on the far side being pushed against by the near side.

Too bad for the swastika side, but they should be pretty much run over.

Can't speak for everyone, but I never noticed a swastika anywhere in the video. Please screenshot it for us all to see. Plus I will also tell you, no matter if they have one or not, you have no right to run anyone over Antifa.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I find it some what odd all of these ATS members coming out to defend Twitter and claim they have the right to do this because they're a private business. Yes, I cannot deny they are a private business and have the right to serve who they wish, but if they're going to do that they should plainly state that on their website, they should make it clear they're biased towards the left.

But they don't do that do they, because they want people to feel like it's an open and fair platform for people to share their opinions, that's what they portray themselves as. They are one of the largest social media platforms on the internet, if this situation was reversed you'd never hear the end of it from the left, they would portray the right as absolute nazi's without a shred of decency.

But please do keep telling yourself this is perfectly acceptable behavior if that'll make you feel better about yourself.
edit on 19/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It is saracstic; as when I modded my personal opinion had nothing to do with the job of moderation... the site's terms and conditions and misson statement was the letter of the law, as far as it went with my duties.

The other moderators? Not me, so if they made things personal or took to moderate the site by their own rules? That was on them.

Hence the go mods remark; as it can vary widely depending on their personal views. I noticed the same damned thing occurs politically from those elected or appointed to REPRESENT the people being the conduit for their voice... and instead speak or vote to their own or corporate intrests wholly against the majority of the public. If that isn't enough to sincerely irritate and piss someone off and with good reason? I don;t know what is... as that like deleteing posts or editing them or banning someone just cause meh I didn't like them is no excuse for such a thing... yet it is the excuse.

That's why it is silly; it comes down to what the site owners want on there plan and simple; the mods either follow it or do not... if personal opinion gets in the way then they have ceased their actual duty and have gone rogue.

When the site in question started doing things and representing what I couldn't in good conscious represent? I didn't use my position to be a voice against them; I stepped down and let them and the entire community know how i felt; as they ceased going by the mission statement themselves making it about money and the members as a source of revenue into one big commercial instead of what everyone was there for to begin with.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join