It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just preordered Mass Effect Andromeda.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am really looking forward to this game. I have heard about the animation "issue." Don't care. I am not a graphics elitist, so it's not going to impact my opinion much.

Even though I said I would never preorder another game after The Division disappointment,Mass Effect is probably my favorite game franchise, so I "have" to have it. I say "probably" because I Mass Effect, Witcher and Elder Scrolls always seem to vie for that spot, but honestly, I have to go with Mass Effect.

Anyone else preorder this game yet?
edit on 19-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
I am really looking forward to this game. I have heard about the animation "issue." Don't care. I am not a graphics elitist, so it's not going to impact my opinion much.

Even though I said I would never preorder another game after The Division disappointment,Mass Effect is probably my favorite game franchise, so I "have" to have it. I say "probably" because I Mass Effect, Witcher and Elder Scrolls always seem to vie for that spot, but honestly, I have to go with Mass Effect.

Anyone else preorder this game yet?

I love the franchise, which fills me with sorrow as to what is going on with ME:A

Here are the issues with the game from first glance

The animations...ugg. its just a endless meme of rediculousness.

Shaders..the game looks worse than ME2..7 years ago. This could possibly be a easy fix with some shading tweaks and a bit of a graphics overhaul

The writing is said to be unpolished, full of super cringey lines and hokeyness. Its also said the story does have a seemingly interesting goal in mind, but its like...a good story written by not very talented people.

The voice acting has been called flat. no situational awareness, it is like someone reading off lines instead of emoting properly for the scene.

Behind the scenes:
Racist head gameplay designer known for rants against white people (oddly enough, you will find no characters for the female protagonist comes with a default white face. every race is offered except for anything light skinned.) Not a game killer, if you want your girl to be white you can custom make her face, but its shows the racial undertones of the guy

He has been fired by Bioware, but after what could possibly be irreparable damage to the game

Most important:
Bioware Edmonton did mass effect. this is their main studio..this is where the talent is
Bioware Montreal is their sort of lesser ugly stepkid that headed up Adromeda. it is mostly a young untested group of kids who basically just like mass effect as their main in on the job. the concept was to mostly just get new blood in there...no experience means no direction, no guidance or industry know how, and as a result, you have very little Q.C.

I think the cluster#@% that it has come to be has gotten attention from big brother Edmonton and they will now shift resources to slowly patch the game into a working thing..but for now, just because it has the bioware ME logo on it doesn't mean its from the same company (its not) and from the same talent (again, its not).

In saying that, I will absolutely buy this game one day as ME is my all time favorite franchise..but once they fix it (like no mans sky)

I would say, since you preordered it, have your expectations severely lowered and I guess just bite the bullet...wait for the patches, and be vocal on constructive criticism in their forums. paying customers will be heard more than just snarky jerks of course..but dont fanboy it..else they will think sub par game releases is perfectly fine for $65 a pop.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

The Witcher 3 will be / is a vastly superior game to almost any Bioware title.

When you're owned by EA, you will make sub-par games.

Now that being said, I have also pre-ordered Andromeda, because well it's Mass Effect, and regardless of it's flaws, it will be a wonderful game.

But it won't be no 200+ hour adventure like Elder Scrolls or the Witcher were. The true caliber of a game is in it's content - the breadth of it, and the content quality of it.

I expect this game to take me under 60 hours to finish, another 40 of DLC and side quests etc. Still a good chunk of content, but nothing out of the norm for action RPG's these days. most of your time will be spent in dialogue as opposed to actually doing anything.

~Tenth
edit on 3/19/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Pre-ordered and did my ten hours early access already. The original trilogy is my favorite franchise ever (even including that ending) and I've been waiting literally years for this damn game.

I enjoyed my time with the early access. Hopefully Eriktheawful sees this, as I think he's also pre-ordered it. He and I have talked about the franchise in the past and I know he's a fan (plus his avatar).

PS - RIP The Division; coulda been absolutely amazing but stuttered coming out of the gate.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I...I heart you even more now.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well, most of the people who have played the game, usually 10 to 18 hours worth, haven't had anything but good to say about it from what I've seen. With that being said, I am going in with limited expectations, not because of Bioware, they've never disappointed me, but because of EA.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

not because of Bioware, they've never disappointed me, but because of EA.

At this point, every single person in video gaming, knows what EA does to game developers and subsequently, it's games.

Bioware through their hate in with them. They are just as responsible after all these years.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That's what it boils down to. Don't expect the second coming of Christ and you'll be fine. Yes, some of the animations are off. Yes some of the lines are cheesy and the voice acting isn't always mind blowing.

Yet for all that I still enjoyed every minute I had in the early access.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The Witcher 3 will be / is a vastly superior game to almost any Bioware title.

When you're owned by EA, you will make sub-par games.

Now that being said, I have also pre-ordered Andromeda, because well it's Mass Effect, and regardless of it's flaws, it will be a wonderful game.

But it won't be no 200+ hour adventure like Elder Scrolls or the Witcher were. The true caliber of a game is in it's content - the breadth of it, and the content quality of it.

I expect this game to take me under 60 hours to finish, another 40 of DLC and side quests etc. Still a good chunk of content, but nothing out of the norm for action RPG's these days. most of your time will be spent in dialogue as opposed to actually doing anything.

~Tenth
Well, they're saying if you just play the story straight through without doing side quests, which I never play that way anyway though I know some people do, you're looking at probably 40-45 hours, yes.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

And that's fine. I expect that at this point with this sort of stuff.

I'm gonna be really upset if I see any day 1 DLC though.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don't think they will. There's no DLC season pass in the cards right now, and the developers have said they aren't going to talk about DLC until "a later date" beyond confirming no season pass.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine they wouldn't have said something about day one DLC when it's what, 36 hours to release now?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree. I expect it to be good,it's Mass Effect, but, I'll have to play it to put it on a Witcher 3 scale. I've yet to play a game that's on that level, and I have played many.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

See I couldn't get into Witcher 3. Rented it, tried it out for about a week or so, just couldn't get into it. Dunno if it was the setting or what but it didn't resonate with me the way ME did.

Visually and story wise, it was good. I don't have anything particularly against Witcher 3, it just didn't hit me the way ME always has.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well, even I say Mass Effect is my favorite franchise. Lol. Probably always will be, but I've played all three of the Witcher's too, and I have to say it ranks right up there with it for me... I thought Witcher 3 was awesome...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Some people just can't get into "high fantasy." Perhaps that's why you feel the way you do about Witcher.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

And that's fine. I expect that at this point with this sort of stuff.

I'm gonna be really upset if I see any day 1 DLC though.

~Tenth
I don't think you'll see any DLC for a while, not from Mass Effect.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
, but because of EA.

And that is of course the thing being aimed at. Bio-M was taking too long due to mismanagment and no seniority project managment, EA kicked them and demanded to shovel it out the door, and so viola...what could have been perhaps another 6 months of polishing and fixing (for the new team..Edmonton would have had it done and perfected by now) became just released a bit broken and bad.

Here is what I think is a fair discussion on the game here
Youtube video - Pretty Good Gaming
Cant embed as its a weird youtube name

Anyhow, to prove I am a semi-fanboy for this series, I made this about a week ago in anticipation for the game once released (released meaning released and fixed).

Been firing the laser machine up and making coasters, keychains, and all sorts of ME stuff because even though its a bit like a rollout is a disaster, I know it will tighten up and I will eventually play/love it.

I just expect great things with the franchise, because they proved (in ME2) they can do great things.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ME2 had DLC on the first day of release at like 20$ if I remember correctly.

It's just insulting to pay full retail on release day and not have access to all the content.

From what others have said though, this one won't have that problem so awesome.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

See, I never had, unfortunately, any of the dlc from the previous Mass Effects, so, I can't speak to when dlc dropped for previous Mass Effects. I know it was a while before any DLC for Mass Effect 3 was released.

Of course, I don't consider skins and such as dlc... If it doesn't add missions and story content, it's not dlc to me. I know, that's kind of a weird view, but that's how I look at it.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Actually, EA wanted the game to be released way before now. Like about a year ago earlier. Bioware told them absolutely not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join