It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Here is some news for you..new boss is the same as the old boss.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

Trump is the Hypocrite in Chief

His staff also says they can hardly keep up with him since he works like 16 hours a day too. This guy never stops even on the golf course, so how do you evaluate that kind of performance too?

edit on 19-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Meh, I'm sure I can be a fool, as everyone here can be.
Trump is interested in self glorification..if he does something good for the country at the same time it's a bonus.
His oh well attitude on screwing people rubs me wrong.

Anyway off to work or I would carry on this discussion.

edit on 19-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Here is some news for you..new boss is the same as the old boss.

All of this is something we will just need to wait and see how it all plays out... as the saying goes "time will tell", There has NEVER been another President put under so much scrutiny since day one as to what he has accomplished or not...The left loss any respect from me when they complained that he let the people down because he didn't start working the Saturday the day after his inauguration and actually started on his 3rd day, Monday...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Ok, as long as you are not fooled into thinking he is honest or straight forward..or has anyone's interest at heart other than his own glorification.

It's Trump, we can't expect miracles. I actually know some people like Trump, they started some big businesses and did good for the area here. They are overpowering, that is their nature, but they took a risk and created a lot of jobs for our people here.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Then how about giving him a chance, instead of jumping on this band wagon fallacy?

The goal of the American people is to vote an AMERICAN in office. Voting means we get to pick between many people who represent our interest. If your's doesn't get pick, ok GG. You simply say your two cents and move on...that or support him.

What is foolish and sickening is the American people are literally fighting OUR AMERICAN PRESIDENT.

It doesn't matter if you don't like him or think something about him, HE IS STILL AN AMERICAN.

I hate my upstairs neighbor, but that doesn't mean I let the man bleed out in the street. This is why the left is called "delusional". If Hillary won, I would be upset. HOWEVER, I would make sure that MY country continues to be the best, perform the best and strongest of all regardless of who is in office and at some point, look towards her policies.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Meh, I'm sure I can be a fool, as everyone here can be.
Trump is interested in self glorification..if he does something good for the country at the same time it's a bonus.
His oh well attitude on screwing people rubs me wrong.

Anyway off to work or I would carry on this discussion.

Interesting so what will you call Obama when the huge 1.5 billion dollar library to keep his legacy is finished? He awarded himself a medal ffs. Seriously are you people still suffering from severe selective memory syndrome or something?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Seriously are you people still suffering from severe selective memory syndrome or something?

I have wondered that myself.... Everything that pisses them off with Trump was OK with Obama...lol As example, Trump does need some serious OJT as to how to communicate as President, but at least what he says is his own words. Anyone can Google tons of Obama's inability to talk off the Teleprompter for his first four years. That was something he had to work through, never able to actually say something that someone else didn't write for him, but then that was just fine... Give Trump some time and he will become much better, at least his learning curve is not as big as Obama's was.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
so he is meeting with the chief exec of marvel studios to discuss veterans affairs?
i dont understand

Maybe Captain America dissed him on Twitter? Maybe Agent Carter's been wiretapping him?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Nice thought, but you would think though if discussing vets you my have someone who represents them there.

Yes... and not businessmen and doctors who don't work for the VA but who have other issues they want addressed.

Now, here's what's even more interesting: Schulkyn (Trump's pick to head the Veterans' Affairs... the person he forgot to invite to the conference at Mar-a-Lago) was the Undersecretary of Health during the last part of the Obama administration and is credited with making a real turnaround in the lumbering Veterans Health Administration system.

More importantly, he resisted calls for privatizing the federal system.

Either Trump is very absentminded, is more focused on wealthy people than he is on his own cabinet, or is trying to privatize the VHA.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Interesting so what will you call Obama when the huge 1.5 billion dollar library to keep his legacy is finished?

Presidential libraries are built by donations from private donors.

And Obama didn't award himself the medal. The Defense department did And it's traditional - even Clinton and Bush got one.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: TinySickTears
so he is meeting with the chief exec of marvel studios to discuss veterans affairs?
i dont understand

Maybe Captain America dissed him on Twitter? Maybe Agent Carter's been wiretapping him?

Hulk. Hulk like green grass. Hulk like animals. Hulk like breathe air not stink. Hulk like drink good water. Hulk not like earth get hot. Hot earth bad. Make Hulk mad. Hulk SMASH puny EPA. Make EPA strong like Hulk!!! (And no teleprompter folks. Epic Hulk speech!!)

The actor who plays Dr Banner is not a Trump fan. He's a hard core environmentalist. He's his own kind of Big Green Guy. Don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

edit on 19-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

They want to make Captain America a Hydra double-agent now.

I hope Trump gives Marvel holy-heck about that one!!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

More importantly, he resisted calls for privatizing the federal system.

That's the key to this situation, as well as Trump's budget. Trump is (Koch Libertarian, Unfettered-Free-Marketer) Grover Norquist's POTUS with enough digits to "handle a pen", the unwitting fool of the Koch takeover of the Republican Party (via the Mercers).

My mil and late-fil were extremely happy with and grateful for his VA care and services. If he had gotten the last surgery privately (they looked into it), it would have cost them $20,000 OUT OF POCKET. Their elderly (Korean War) pockets DIDN'T HAVE $20,000!! As it was, my mil could not afford to live in their modest home after he passed on, and had to sell it and move in with one of the children.

The uproar about the VA system was done by a Koch front group Concerned Veterans for America. The Koch money machine has poured money into their all their propaganda points for decades now, and it worked!

And for those who believe that unregulated, free market health care for veterans will save them, then I got news for you. Private health care is not better! Long appointment and waiting times, doctors who prescribe wrongly/freely medicine as if it were candy, doctors whose practice is or borders on malpractice. And a private insurance system that either is willing to pay for bad service or reduce service to make money. Also, doctors in the private system in one's community are often not equipped to deal with the special medical needs of soldiers.

Trump once again displayed gross ignorance and incompetence when he had to ask Shulkin if he was even going to show up for a meeting. Trump uses not just other people's money but other people for his gain, and this time he used veterans, as a bogus excuse to once again be any place other than the White House on weekends. Contemptible and shameful.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I saw it. Trump says convenient location turns to his left and says you're going? And the guy shakes his head. Then Trump gives that shrug smirk thing he does.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

And Obama didn't award himself the medal. The Defense department did And it's traditional - even Clinton and Bush got one.

Do you think if they let it up to a vote of the military would he have gotten one?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Milehigh

Trump is the Hypocrite in Chief

His staff also says they can hardly keep up with him since he works like 16 hours a day too. This guy never stops even on the golf course, so how do you evaluate that kind of performance too?

It's unheard of, therefore it's bad and not at all how the way things are supposed to work in Washington and needs to be stopped at any and all costs.

As a sous chef I worked with used to say, "the more I move my arms, the less money I make", he was joking of course but the govt lives by that.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Working harder isn't necessarily working better.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

It's unheard of, therefore it's bad and not at all how the way things are supposed to work in Washington and needs to be stopped at any and all costs.

As a sous chef I worked with used to say, "the more I move my arms, the less money I make", he was joking of course but the govt lives by that.

The typical issue is Government does not need to meet the bottom line of profit. Performance, or lack of, doesn't really affect your pay check in Government. I work with a lot of engineers that I jokingly call Direct Charge whores since if they charge a lot of Over Head charging (which is 100% of Government) they will not have a job much longer due to not being needed.

Congress is only in session less than 1/2 the days a normal worker works and still many miss from 10% to 35% of even those fewer days. Its not just at the top too. I watched a guy sleep at his desk for 5 years because his program became antiquated and he could not be touched....

Having a commander who is non-stop is very scary in Washington, but from what I have heard that has always been Trumps normal routine.

edit on 20-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join