It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Mind you, TRUMP went to Mar-a-Lago. But his Secretary of Veterans' Affairs didn't.

Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute after this awkward moment

Well, that was awkward.

Earlier today, President Donald Trump sat with his Veterans Administration Secretary David Shulkin present, and spoke on-camera about a 'big meeting' on issues important to American military veterans. The meeting, Trump explained, would be held not in Washington but at the very convenient Florida location of Mar-a-Lago, the private resort Trump owns, about a thousand miles away

Trump turns to ask Shulkin if he's coming. Shulkin shakes his head. He wasn't invited.

Trump has not met with one veterans group since the election.

Source

Yes, I know... it's BoingBoing. Other sources report the same thing.

According to The Hill Trump reported that he spent part of Friday and Saturday at Mar-a-Lago focusing on Veterans' Affairs... without his Secretary of the VA or anyone from the VA apparently being present.

He's meeting with business leaders who support the free market, however

And he's playing golf. I think this is the 6th time in 60 days.

I wonder how Veterans feel about his statement that he did work on some VA issues (with businessmen... seriously, that's what was said, businessmen and doctors though he didn't seem to include any VA doctors.)

...our American dollars at work.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Byrd because: (fixing the formatting tags)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Mind you, TRUMP went to Mar-a-Lago. But his Secretary of Veterans' Affairs didn't.

Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute after this awkward moment

Well, that was awkward.

Earlier today, President Donald Trump sat with his Veterans Administration Secretary David Shulkin present, and spoke on-camera about a 'big meeting' on issues important to American military veterans. The meeting, Trump explained, would be held not in Washington but at the very convenient Florida location of Mar-a-Lago, the private resort Trump owns, about a thousand miles away

Trump turns to ask Shulkin if he's coming. Shulkin shakes his head. He wasn't invited.

Trump has not met with one veterans group since the election.

Source

Yes, I know... it's BoingBoing. Other sources report the same thing.

According to The Hill Trump reported that he spent part of Friday and Saturday at Mar-a-Lago focusing on Veterans' Affairs... without his Secretary of the VA or anyone from the VA apparently being present.

He's meeting with business leaders who support the free market, however

And he's playing golf. I think this is the 6th time in 60 days.

I wonder how Veterans feel about his statement that he did work on some VA issues (with businessmen... seriously, that's what was said, businessmen and doctors though he didn't seem to include any VA doctors.)

“Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.''

Trump is the Hypocrite in Chief
edit on 19-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Alarming.

I wonder what's been "mis-quoted".

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
so he is meeting with the chief exec of marvel studios to discuss veterans affairs?
i dont understand

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've never heard of boingboing, is it a reliable site?

I would like to see the whole conversation or read what actually went on. Trump was probably just discussing hiring veterans if possible with business leaders. There are a lot of Veterans who are not working, Our businesses used to give a little preference to hiring veterans, but that seems to have gone away over the years. Now they are focusing on those stupid enough to go into debt to get a degree, those kind of people are sometimes easier to control.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As the source for this is The Hill you can safely assume it to be negatively over spun.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nice thought, but you would think though if discussing vets you my have someone who represents them there.
edit on 19-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

www.huffingtonpost.com...

He spent over four hours on Saturday at the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, where he was supposed to be “having meetings and phone calls,” according to his staff, CBS reported

But the president posed for a photo on Twitter, which included former Mitt Romney aide Peter Flaherty, in the clubhouse posted by pal Chris Ruddy, who runs the conservative news site Newsmax. Trump was wearing a golf glove. When asked about the photo, an aide conceded that the president may have “hit a few balls.”

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Perhaps Shulkin, an Obama holdover, is being deliberately excluded.

It's quite interesting that you would say that "Trump has not met with one Veterans group" given the very meeting where the video was taken from was meeting with representatives of TEN Veteran Groups.

www.militarytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — President Trump held his first face-to-face meeting with representatives from prominent veterans groups on Friday, a step that community advocates called a productive and critical step in advancing the White House’s promises to veterans.

The hour-long meeting with Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin and senior White House staff covered issues including medical care access for veterans, accountability for VA employees, veterans caregiver programs and the president’s campaign pledges to make veterans services more efficient. It included top officials from 10 veterans groups and was billed as a listening session for the president, with no policy or legislative proposals presented to the community leaders. But individuals at the event said Trump was involved in the conversation throughout the meeting, questioning the groups on their priorities and ways the White House can help.

“We’ve been asking for this meeting for a long time, and I think it was a great way to start a working relationship with this White House,” said Joe Chenelly, national executive director of AMVETS. “Both the president and vice president were very engaged on the issues and wanted to hear from us.”

Since his election last fall and inauguration in January, Trump has held several meetings with health care officials to talk about ways to solve problems with VA health care offerings. Earlier this month, veterans groups were invited to talk to senior staff about their priorities, but Trump did not attend.

Is the constant propaganda ever going to end?
edit on 19/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Nice thought, but you would think though if discussing vets you my have someone who represents them there.

hogwash
they dont need representation
they have the head of marvel studio

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hitting balls no doubt..he is slapping everyone in the balls and laughing at how gullible people were to vote him in.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So? I have faith in him. What about VA doctors? my brother in law is the head doc here at my VA.

Veterans overwhelmingly approve of Trump, I see this every time I go down to drop taco's off for my sister, who of which also works for the VA.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hitting balls no doubt..he is slapping everyone in the balls and laughing at how gullible people were to vote him in.

i think youre right
pulled the wool over peoples eyes....bigly
now he will reap the benefits for the rest of what little life he has left

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

He will be working to install his heirs after he is gone..more american royalty like Clintons or Bushes

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You wouldn't need anyone there representing the vets. You know as well as I that they probably only discussed the Vet issue for about ten minutes. After catching up on business ventures and right before lunch was served they found a few minutes. Business people like to brag and also like to check out the competition. I am sure they remembered to mention the Vets in one speech. As long as it didn't interfere with their golf tee off time.

So you really need a Vet official listening to all this bragging and talk about golf for a ten minute speech? I am sure they discussed food and drinks more than the Vet issue. Who is going to dispute that business trip being tax deductible?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

He will be working to install his heirs after he is gone..more american royalty like Clintons or Bushes

im with you on that

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Lets see... I have over 28 years in the Military, and I'm still heavily involved with them as part of my job after my retirement. I'm tired of the daily play by play it seems that Trump is under and I personally look at the longer term to gauge. Not much was demanded from Obama his first 4 years and the VA was still broken after 8, so I really want to sit back and watch this President over the next couple of YEARS and see where we are then compared to today. Let's measure action and not so much talk, but 60 days in and the left is screaming he didn't do all he said he would...lol, hell they said he was the worst President in history 2 WEEKS before he entered office. Byrd I'm not saying you are one of these, but it sure seems so many want him to fail and want everyone to see him as a failure and not support him in anyway to facilitate that failure. Comparing to Obama his first 4 years was like a ticker tape parade with everyone supporting him on to do all he said he would do, and he just kind of petered out in the end even with such a huge amount to support.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ok, as long as you are not fooled into thinking he is honest or straight forward..or has anyone's interest at heart other than his own glorification.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You're a fool.

I believe Trump to be like anybody else, to include you, honest or dishonest. You apparently have been fooled to think otherwise. He does have this nations interest at his heart.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ok, as long as you are not fooled into thinking he is honest or straight forward..or has anyone's interest at heart other than his own glorification.

You are way off topic..this is not about Obama...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join