It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisdom From The Greatest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, why don't I just let the man himself explain this op...

Don't stand too close progressives...you might just melt and evaporate into the ethos until you once again freeze and fall back to earth:

-Chris

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

LOL, they defrosted the Duke, woke him up, and he's pissed...

He's like a rash on cable these days, all those Indian fighting', two fisted bar room brawling John Waynum movies we thought were dead and buried?

***language warning***, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh boy. An actor is suddenly an expert on politics and culturalism. Well I'll see your John Wayne and raise you one Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

America has gotten weird. Since when is "progress" a bad thing?

That said, I didn't hear anything that would make anyone freak out, or melt. So he liked to hold doors open for women. So? I'm a woman, and I hold the door open for anyone. I also let anyone hold the door open for me. It's about politeness. Nothing else.

People shouldn't whine about the past generations and the atrocities done, but he didn't deny them either. Many people of all colours and religions had bad times, he just said get over it, as people should. We should be learning from past mistakes, that's all he said.

You made me try to find something in his speech that I didn't like and I didn't find it.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I hardly think you can call the not-on-screen Wayne 'The Greatest'. A great movie personality, maybe, but as a person he was a trainwreck:

Wayne became an airport, a postage stamp and a Congressional Medal, but the iconic screen actor was beset by demons: he drank copious amounts of alcohol, smoked four to five packs of unfiltered Camels every day and was an unrepentant philanderer, having multiple affairs throughout his three ill-fated marriages... ‘The guy you see on the screen isn’t really me. I’m Duke Morrison, and I never was and never will be a film personality like John Wayne. I know him well. I’m one of his closest students. I have to be. I made a living out of him’, Wayne is  quoted in a blockbuster book about the 6’4” American icon: John Wayne: The Life and Legend by Scott Eyman. ‘I’ve found the character the average man wants himself, his brother or his kid to be. It’s the same type of guy the average wife wants for her husband’, Wayne said.

So if we're to let someone who can't run his own life in a responsible, ethical way represent as the arbiter of truth and sound thinking then we are more screwed than even I thought we were.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Progress is only anathema to progressives...
Who coopted that word...as did liberals..

For example, I have always thought of myself as a person whose sensibilities were shaped by the high-minded liberal egalitarianism of the High West…
Yet liberals coopted that word as well...

In reality, liberals and progressives are actually regressive us and seek only to pacify cultists and those who would send our progression to the future into retrograde...

Examples you say??
How about this:

-Chris

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

"Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
-John Wayne

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Oh boy. An actor is suddenly an expert on politics and culturalism. Well I'll see your John Wayne and raise you one Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan was a plagiarist..
As I've said before, I cannot speak Japanese into the voice-to-text as it would error out the iPad..
Needless to say, bob Dylan stole from innumerable Japanese poems and ultra obscure civil war writings/poems...

Spare me the Dylan idolatry...

Long live Zeppelin!!!

-Chris

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It's kind of weird that anyone would be tasked with reaching out to the "Muslim world' about science and engineering. It's a large put down, it seems. They have science, math, etc in the "Muslim worlds/countries" already. Some very good programmers come from India, apparently Iran has good nuclear scientists, they're not stupid people.
Obama's initiative kind of makes it sound like he doesn't think they're smart enough 🤔

Muslims in North America get the same education as anyone else.

My biggest issue with the education system in the Middle East, is that in some of the countries over there, women aren't able to get proper schooling.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I read a biography about John Wayne-it wasn't pretty. He was in real life a typical left wing-west coast Hollywood liberal.-hated the Vietnam War and had major anxiety about making the iconic movie "The Green Beret."

I hate it when we Americans buy into the Hollywood fake machinery. This man was by no means a hero-he just pretended to be one.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I went to "Homicide School" which was down in L.A. and one of the Instructors was the Det. You see in the real big cases and You'll see Him with 7 'hashmarks' (1 for each 5 years) like the Nicole Simpson case etc. Anyways after class it was the norm to go get a few beers.. Anyways, one student started to give another student some crap about wearing Levi's® Something about LeviStrauss® contributing to a Fund that fought police corruption and I said "You've got to be kidding" and this Instructor came into the argument and instructed the 2 guys to separate..

A little while later, the Instructor mentioned the earlier rhubarb and said "He probably is a real 'John Wayne' fan too.." referring to the Officer who made mention of the jeans. Then He went onto tell a few of Us how John Wayne died and how He begged off the case because how it was reported was NOT how it went down AT ALL, not even close.

The Instructor at that time said He had a book already written and it is to be published right after His death and He must be pushing 80 now. Supposedly, there has been more than a few cases dealing with what some call "Celebrity Deaths". I didn't sign any "Confidentiality Agreement" but I'll also NOT reveal what I was told as I don't want to spoil the ending...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

from one cowboy to another....

edit on 19-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

So, being against the Vietnam war makes you what? We had no business over there and lost over 55,000 soldiers for our trouble. People who try to justify our perpetual addiction to warfare amuse and amaze me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

By no means did I try to justify the Viet Nam War. Sounds like you are trying to start a squabble. I won't go there with you. Simply stated fact. My personal opinion about Viet Nam has been stated over and over again-stupid war-killed many of our young men.

You really just love baiting people and starting arguments-are you bored, just old and cranky or what?

top topics

join