It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Militarism Make America Great Again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

What is being proposed right now, is one of the many things I have been advocating against for YEARS, apparently to little avail.

However, I have said my piece. If people do not want to listen, prefer chaos and damnation to some sort of useful peace, then I alone have absolutely no power to prevent their idiocy dooming the species. It does not mean I am giving up on the whole thing, but it does, unfortunately relegate people like myself to being the crazy town soothsayer, being absolutely right about the coming volcanic eruption that will soon bury all and sundry in pyroclastic oblivion.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-Theodore Roosevelt

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

However, I have said my piece. If people do not want to listen, prefer chaos and damnation to some sort of useful peace, then I alone have absolutely no power to prevent their idiocy dooming the species. It does not mean I am giving up on the whole thing, but it does, unfortunately relegate people like myself to being the crazy town soothsayer, being absolutely right about the coming volcanic eruption that will soon bury all and sundry in pyroclastic oblivion.

Fair enough.

You're making some broad generalizations, don't you agree? People DO listen, they are few though, ignore them?
Chaos and Damnation is inevitable, the goal is how do we work together to overcome this? charged right through it, that's what most people around the world do. Peace is always preferred and many countries in this day and age do have that as well, but some don't either.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I think the issue here is that it is not good enough that just a few people hear and listen to real information, real concerns about real issues the species is facing. Unless the vast, overwhelming majority of people come into line, all we are ever going to see is repeat performances of the worst moments in history, because too close to half of people are having poison poured into their ears, lapping up the most inaccurate data, allowing themselves to be consumed by their lowest instincts, not led by their most noble.
edit on 20-3-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think that it won't work like it did in the past. The world respected the US military might because it saved them from the cruelest dictator the world has seen (arguably).

Now the world has changed. Until China does something invasive with its military, military might is not what people need right now. The cruelest people alive right now are bankers. You can't defeat bankers with armies and armies can't survive without bankers. Look at Switzerland during WW2. Surrounded by war, the bankers were safe.

On a hype level, yes military might may be respectable again, but it would be a false hype and we all know it. The US would need an enemy so great that it would require it's military to save the world again. Russia won't bother, China is too far away from capable.

Folks need a new power to follow, but what?
Religion is done, military is done. Liberalism? That's probably it actually.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Can Militarism Make America Great Again?

The world is slap-full of insanity, here in the first quarter of the 21st century. Let's look at a few things...

- China wants to own the Pacific and the global economy. To do that, they would have to overtake the US. Of course, if it had not been for the Bushs and the Clintons, they'd still be sweeping their streets with tree branches.

- Iran wants to destroy Israel and because Obama lifted the sanctions, they have quickly restocked their military. It is just a matter of time.

- North Korea... what a madhouse. Nuff said.

Then there's India and Pakistan, who hate each other to the core... and Europe being overrun by immigrants who have no desire to meld into its Christian societies. Their goal? To destroy Christianity or to wreak havoc.

So... if the US seeks to survive another decade or two? IMESHO, we need to restock and rearm or be overrun.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The problem is that it is not nearly so organized as you believe. The turmoil in the last election was the result of conflicting "programs" coming from disparate quarters.

No thats the illusion, the dog and pony show called elections give you the false impression there are two sides. Theres only one gubment and its been displaced by the corporatocracy.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Lockheed Martin has completed the design, development and demonstration of a 60 kW-class beam combined fiber laser for the U.S. Army.

In testing earlier this month, the Lockheed Martin laser produced a single beam of 58 kW, representing a world record for a laser of this type. The Lockheed Martin team met all contractual deliverables for the laser system and is preparing to ship it to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command in Huntsville, Ala.

Nextbigfuture.com - Lockheed Martin to Deliver World Record-Setting 60kW Laser to U.S. Army.

Again? How about, "Still"! Are you kidding! 60 kW laser?! That article ends saying they disabled a truck from a mile away using one of these things!

Fricking lasers, man!

U! S! A! U! S! A!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The problem is that it is not nearly so organized as you believe. The turmoil in the last election was the result of conflicting "programs" coming from disparate quarters.

No thats the illusion, the dog and pony show called elections give you the false impression there are two sides. Theres only one gubment and its been displaced by the corporatocracy.

You have a much higher estimate of human competency than I do.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

So... if the US seeks to survive another decade or two? IMESHO, we need to restock and rearm or be overrun.

That's not the issue. The issue is whether the military solutions should take priority over the diplomatic ones. Clausewitz called war "diplomacy by other means." Militarism dispenses with the diplomatic efforts.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

-Theodore Roosevelt

That is the definition of good statesmanship. Militarism is shout loudly and swing your stick freely.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: intrptr

You have a much higher estimate of human competency than I do.

Then you have them right where they want you.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: DBCowboy

-Theodore Roosevelt

That is the definition of good statesmanship. Militarism is shout loudly and swing your stick freely.

Building the military is guaranteeing that you have a big stick.

Regardless, it's always how you speak.

You can speak softly and have a small stick and no one will hear you.
You can have a big stick and speak loudly and no one will listen.

Speaking softly with a big stick insures that you are heard.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can have a big stick and speak loudly and no one will listen.

That is what militarism gets you, especially if the Commander in Chief has no credibility. A track record of lies makes it difficult to mobilize public support.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The issue is whether the military solutions should take priority over the diplomatic ones.

Don't get me wrong; I hope diplomacy DOES work but... history shows that half the time (or more), it does not work.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

The issue is whether the military solutions should take priority over the diplomatic ones.

Don't get me wrong; I hope diplomacy DOES work but... history shows that half the time (or more), it does not work.

Diplomacy is always most conspicuous when it fails.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join