It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Militarism Make America Great Again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I take it, then, that you do not support the current administration's plans?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Admin. isn't in charge.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Admin. isn't in charge.

Then who is? And what do you think the administration is planning on doing about it?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just don't understand what gives us the moral supremacy to interfere with another sovereign country. I understand the right of this reality to defend ourselves, but that ends at our boarders.

Are nations ever completely destroyed by outside military might or do they more often rot from the inside due to incorrect ideals?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This experiment has been tried and proven to fail several times throughout history.

People forget and repeat past mistakes, the same old system or system types steer the attitudes of the masses and the same relatively few people benefit.

The entire system needs to change along with society, society should not be forced to work within the parameters of a few disconnected rulers who have no direct connection to reality.

Militaries are used to keep things from changing for the betterment of more people to steer the wealth and power to the same relative few.

Ref: Smedley Butler-War is a Racket.

We need something new, not the same old xit.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Simple answer to this thread.

If we don't do it, somebody else well. Western ideology is interesting because many people think it applies to the rest of the world, it doesn't.

If the US cuts its military right now and takes an inclusive approach, other world powers will jump in. China is positioning itself for that fact.

A strong nationalistic stance and powerful military means, "Hey! we'll going back inside to clean the living room, don't touch my car, or you'll get it." I can live with that.

The increase in spending will go to new units and overhauls. This is needed. You pay for many things, you pay to keep them in shape.

...is it a way to peace? in the current world setting, yes.

Kind of like Globalism, I actually see positives about it, however given our current climate and ideologies, globalism cannot be trusted or accepted. The corruption would see the elites benefiting while the masses struggle.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Wow I actually agree with you.

The west need a strong military that can match and supecede China and Russia. But that military should be used solely on defence and not military adventurism like Iraq ect

I do think deadbeats like Germany and Japan should pick up more of the tab though and not let the USA do all the heavy work. Plus I don’t think increasing military spending for the USA is needed , rather instead shaking up procurement and how things are brought, a lot of defence contractors are overcharging the USA and lots of traitors politicians in congress have there dirty paws in it, like the committee that made the military by tanks they didn’t want or need.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Define 'great'.

Militarism would make America wealthier, maybe that's 'great'?

If so then yes.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: intrptr

Admin. isn't in charge.

Then who is? And what do you think the administration is planning on doing about it?

Imo, the administration is powerless. Have you seen this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An embed from page 1 addresses the "who's in charge" question:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Militarism would make America wealthier, maybe that's 'great'?

Are you advocating invading other countries and despoiling their wealth?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Knowing this to be true, that which your video clearly stated to anyone with an eye to see and ears to hear the message...

What does the video I submit indicate regarding the direction this world is headed?.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We need to find a proper role for our military.

Just "being militarily strong" isn't enough. Think of a village community. Suppose there is one guy in that community who is bigger than most, strong, fit, and knows martial arts.

We don't automatically hate, nor love him. It all depends on what he does with that strength.

Lets' go through his options:

1) - Do nothing. Ever. (Take a vow of pacifism and never use any of it.)

We won't love him for doing that. We might even resent him, like if he stands by and lets a woman get violated because he is too dedicated to his pacifism and pure apathy to help anyone.

2) - Bully People.

Make himself rich by shaking down local businesses. Take anything he wants from anyone he wants any time he wants.

3) - Be the sheriff.

American politics keeps insisting we are not the "World Police". But what if this guy chooses to be accept that role?

4) - Be a vigilante.

Let the town elect someone else to be sheriff. Then continually undermine that guy by taking the law into his own hands whenever he sees something happening that he doesn't approve of. (Which could include saving that woman who was going to be attacked in option 1)

5) - Rule the place.

Take over the government of the town. Make his own rules, and force everyone to obey them. After all, there is nobody to oppose him. He can be king, and never bother to hold any elections.

If they don't like it, he can go into their homes and restructure their family arrangement to resemble his own family. (Nation build, making other nations work like ours!!)

6) - Set up a puppet ruler.

He can be the muscle, and let someone else be the brains. Or he can be the brains and the muscle, and let the other person be the pretty face.

My point is: the question of whether to be militaristic is incredibly vague. There are so many different versions of it, each of us who answer will likely be envisioning our own version of what it means.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Knowing this to be true, that which your video clearly stated to anyone with an eye to see and ears to hear the message...

What does the video I submit indicate regarding the direction this world is headed?.

www.youtube.com...

About a half hour in and I get where they are going. Interesting to note they use Carlie Chaplains movie modern times and fritz Langs Metropolis as background as well as images from Germanys Lebensborn program, and others All which I have reviewed and studied including animal experiments by various behaviorists, Pavlov, Skinner, etc.

I'm adding that anyone that wants to understand more about this should also entertain reading One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, and or see the movie. Electric Koolaid Acid Test, Fear and Loathing books by Hunter Thompson, see the movies THX1138, the Original Rollerball, Brazil, Logan's Run, read animal farm, 1984, rise and fall of third reich, Gulag Archipelago, Brave New World, Pink Floyd's movie The Wall...

thats the short list I agree with the numbing and dumbing down of America and the world for that matter, by the social engineering thru tv and conditioning form early in childhood thru education in school, religion thru church, organized sports, radio tv magazines art culture, nationalism. the list is endless.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
But thats always going to be the rhyme in history, the same old s***.

Greed, control, ambition, all used to mass the most wealth and power to the few who learned this game from history. Pride and arrogance, self-centered narcissism, these are the qualities to drive those who have no empathy for others to claw their way to the top, regardless of how their behavior affects millions of lives. See Syria.

It has always been this way.

Our mission is to expose that so others can become free from the treadmill, and to set a different example, failing that just be the change we want to see.

All that matters in the end is how we behaved towards others on a personal level, not how we tried to change the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The problem is that it is not nearly so organized as you believe. The turmoil in the last election was the result of conflicting "programs" coming from disparate quarters. Corporations have conflicting agendas, which clash with those of both liberal and conservative political and social philosophers. This leads to the "marketplace of ideas." Some power centers have more influence than others. Academia is notoriously socially liberal but intellectually conservative. The media are as influenced by popular opinion as popular opinion is influenced by the media.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Militarism is what has ruined America's reputation, and the reputation of my nation to boot. Rampant militarism and nationalism are unhealthy bedfellows. If America wants its reputation to improve, then it must wind its bloody neck in, and only strike if threatened by another nations actual armed forces, from either invasion or bombardment by said nation.

Note, I said nation, not group of intelligence assets known as a proxy army.
edit on 20-3-2017 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error corrected.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I am in complete agreement. What's more, when world leaders are all dedicated to making their country great again, military conflict becomes inevitable. That is the lesson of 1939. This generation may have to learn it the hard way.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I find the necessity for this lesson to be learned again at the national level, utterly abhorrent.

The idea that it only takes a society as allegedly advanced as that of the so called "developed nations", less than two hundred years to forget why certain things are a bloody stupid idea, bad for the human race, and ultimately doom nations to failure, is an appalling indictment of the human condition.

The heady mixture of ignorance and apathy that is necessary to make this absolutely ridiculous situation come to pass, cannot be ignored. People need to stand up against this rotten nonsense, before things get out of hand.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What do you think is being proposed right now? A nationalistic stance with increased military budget, did this flow over your ahead or are you just over analyzing it?

..and to a greater degree, you're wrong. It was our military that earned us our good reputation. Remember the "big stick"? kind of like y'all's big stick, except much bigger.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: added info

edit on 20-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join