It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to come back?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I realize that earth (at the moment) may seem like a horrible place to be and some can't imagine having to come back to it but, what if the other side is just as bad if not worse?
I've struggled a lot personally with afterlife notions since my Mother's death.The wound is nearly as fresh as the day she left.
It appeared, to me, as the 'veil' was being lifted and she may have been glimpsing what awaited her she feared it and resisted greatly. She was a good person so, that's a little concerning about what may lie beyond this physical world.
I don't think we'll be given a choice and it will just be what it is, whatever that may be.
Would I want to come back?
Sure.
I'm in no hurry to find out what (if anything) is on the other side either so I'm going to try to enjoy this while it lasts.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Love your post! Death often times changes how a person feels about the after life, if the earth goes Radically left, i will definately take a detour home. But i think i'd take that detour anyways, after being here for god knows how many incarnations i feel tired and need a vacation, a permanent one.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Love your post! Death often times changes how a person feels about the after life, if the earth goes Radically left, i will definately take a detour home. But i think i'd take that detour anyways, after being here for god knows how many incarnations i feel tired and need a vacation, a permanent one.

Permanent vacation!
Yes, I'd like one of those please.
I'm thinking how nice it would be if heaven were a tropical island.
I'm pretty sure that wherever I wind up (when it's over) will be quite warm but, likely not of the tropical variety

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Oh hell no.Never in a bazillion fafiillion years would i want to reincarnate here.The nature and animals here is a beautiful grand thing but i'm sure there are other planets with the same natural beauty out there somewhere,maybe some of them are home also to highly sentient races,which is feasible to incarnate into if one absolutely Have to reincarnate.Races that are compassionate,kind,sensible and non-destructive and hateful and petty.Well one can dream i suppose

But idk..there are many who believe that Earth is a prison planet,a prison for the souls here-and that we can never really leave here but are recycled via reincarnation.Let's hope those people are dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear of your mum,TN. Maybe,still being more on the earthly side,could it be that she was just feeling intimidated by the scope of what she was beginning to glimpse? That it maybe was not horrifying but just too new and different and vast for her to feel comfortable with?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thank you, truly.
August will be 3 years and although I am consciously aware that people die and life goes on...I'm wondering if I will ever be complete (or feel that way) again.
You know, I've wrestled with many explanations to why she acted or reacted in the way she did those days before passing on. I think sometimes I could be blurring her actions (which may be normal death throes) with the guilt I feel for her sudden illness and subsequent death. Something I'm sure I'll work through eventually (?)
I appreciate you taking time for me and your thoughts.
I suppose I won't know exactly what she saw until it's my turn.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

*runs in to give Raxoxane a huge hug* (Hello you!!)

Thelma...I completely relate to your last post regarding my father's death...and the guilt I still feel for his sudden illness and subsequent death. We didn't even have a close relationship and I spiralled into overwhelming grief when he passed.

I was alone with him in the room, sitting at his bedside when he took his final breath.
It was very different from what you experienced with your Mom.
He didn't react in any way (could have been the morphine)...but just stopped breathing...it was peaceful except for my panicked reaction.

You're right, you have NO idea how you are going to react until it happens to you. I never would have thought that I would feel such grief and guilt.

As for wanting to come back to this earth? No, I really don't.
I am well aware that something worse could be next, but as I sit back and watch society (and the world) implode...I think I'm willing to take that chance.
S&F (great thread!)
jacy

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
That depends on how humanity evolves and what kind of experience I would have.

This life I would say no. I do not fit into society on this level since it is to illogical and immoral. Maybe in a more Star Trek like society where small minded cultural baggage have been rejected.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacyyyy Hi,big big hug to you too
!! So good to see you here again. I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing,and your grief and guilt about it.I think maybe,most of that guilt is because you two did not,as you said have a close relationship and you now regret that. Also your grief is compounded,i think,because of that. It takes two,though,and love sometimes have to be an act of Will,and hard work,dear. With some of our kinfolk,it just does not come easily or naturally.But in this life,we are not perfect,we make mistakes,or fail to connect properly with our loved ones - he must have known at the end,how much he meant to you,you were there for him. these things happen,relationships,even with our nearest and dearest can be Very complicated and difficult,i have direct experience of that.I hope my friend,that you can get over your guilt. The grief is normal.

I also will take the chance on whatever comes next,that is not Here,not Earth.Maybe there is a world where we can cruise the sky on dragons while sipping on their version of Heineken and cackling with glee

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

But idk..there are many who believe that Earth is a prison planet,a prison for the souls here-and that we can never really leave here but are recycled via reincarnation.Let's hope those people are dead wrong.

I agree with some of those ideas. All data seem to point towards an in between that is used for teaching lower leveled souls and dumping souls who fell. It is needed but not a perfect harmonic vacation place for the higher leveled ones.
edit on 19-3-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You're welcome
I can only imagine how very difficult it must be for you,my heart goes out to you,truly.A friend of mine's mom passed last year and i honestly don't know if she will ever get over it. In her case,it was not just that her mom was her best friend and the lynchpin of her life,she and her husband was also very financially dependent on her mother,so they are battling in a variety of different ways. But even without the financial help her mom gave them,fact is she lost her rock and her best friend when her mom passed.Maybe..when our dearest beloved ones pass..we are not Meant to ever feel completely whole again.

About your mom,i sometimes when i read something i get a sort of "flash" about it,like a bit of info,i guess,difficult to explain. But that was the flash i got,reading what you wrote. That she was overwhelmed/intimidated because it was unknown and different,as grand and vast things can be very intimidating,especially if it's something never seen before,and totally different to anything one has ever known.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

*waving "hello" to LittleByLittle*

It's wonderful to run into old friends in a thread, and sometimes almost a miracle that we're on at the same time!

I appreciate your kind words regarding my father.
Sadly, I was the only child of narcissist parents and spent most of my adult life estranged from them (their choice). My father was my last known living relative when he passed, apart from my own children. I really felt a huge amount of "loss" after his death.

When I was visiting him one day (prior to the pneumonia)...he asked me, "Do you think about me when you're not here?"
I responded with, "Of course I do! I'm always thinking about you!"
And his reply was, "That's funny. I don't think about you at all."

So yeah. When he died I had received no apologies for the years of abuse (not physical but still damaging)...and no declaration of love. I simply felt alone in the world, and that feeling has not left me still.

I often wonder if family does greet you in the afterlife...if anyone will show up for me. (IF there is an after-life)
Sometimes I think that I worry less about a Hellish eternity and more of the continuous lack of love that I've felt while on earth.

Riding dragons whilst sipping Heineken would be delightful and somewhat ironic (considering my avi and stories, lol).
jacy

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear that,Jacy.I was adopted by a very abusive woman,physically and emotionally abusive,and we grew apart completely many years before she passed,we were living on opposite sides of the country when it was her time to leave here.My adoptive father was nice,but as i got older there came a distance between us too,he always seemed low-grade hostile to me in the years before his passing. So to be brutally honest,i felt not much grief when they left.But i did feel on the day he passed,that something was very wrong,a horribly oppresive and depressing feeling came over me out of nowhere on what was a happy carefree day and i knew something very bad had happened. Later in the day we learnt of his passing that morning.

Here's the thing..my adoptive mother and one of her sons swore that he visited them briefly after his passing. That was when i was 16yo,and one night i was visited by a pitchblack shadow,and the silhouette looked Exactly like his figure,tallish and slim.I never asked them what he looked like when he visited them,for some reason i just did not want to know,and i never did ask them in the years afterwards either.I felt no fear of this black shadowman by my bed,which is another reason i suspect it may have been him.The figure just looked down at me for the longest time,eventually i turned over and went back to sleep,sensing he was still standing there.I read on the net that normally when people see these shadow people they find it to be absolutely terrifying experiences,but from this one,i sensed no malice whatsoever,if anything,benevolence. Well i will not know in this life now,so maybe one day i will find out if it was him or not.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I often wonder if family does greet you in the afterlife...if anyone will show up for me. (IF there is an after-life)
Sometimes I think that I worry less about a Hellish eternity and more of the continuous lack of love that I've felt while on earth.

I think you will meet something that will give you the feeling of oneness and bliss. I have even met animals on this level that have that level of affection that just makes you happy to be around.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Thank you, and I'm sorry to read about your sad childhood experiences also.

I don't believe I've ever been 'visited', I certainly can't recall anything similar to what you described.
That would likely make the 'afterlife' more convincing...which frightens me, to be honest.

Although I still have my father's ashes in my home, and I had always promised to bury them at my mother's grave site. I had him cremated because I was too overwhelmed to deal with a burial and had no support system to help me deal with it. Sometimes I wonder if all the negativity in my life (since his death) has something to do with him not liking my decision...and my hubby even said "we need to bury your father".

I have been avoiding this, but think when the weather has turned warmer that I will take his ashes to my mom...and just deal with the emotions and pain as they happen. At least it might finally feel like I have closure.
I appreciate your in depth responses and insight!
jacy

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think you will meet something that will give you the feeling of oneness and bliss. I have even met animals on this level that have that level of affection that just makes you happy to be around.

Aww...as I was reading your reply to me, Sophie (my ferret) climbed up onto my knee.

I would be delighted to end up surrounded by all the furry babies I've loved in my lifetime. I have grieved the passing of each one...their love was pure and constant.

At one time we had 3 ferrets, and lost 2 to illness. When the 2nd one passed I actually howled like a wild animal...we had a connection...I can't describe it.
One day shortly after her passing, I took out my camera and asked if "Stinky and Shnoo" were still with me.
In the picture there were 2 orbs, one larger...one smaller...hovering over their play area and toys.
I still have the picture and in my heart I feel their presence.
jacy

edit on 19-3-2017 by jacygirl because: quotes brackets ruin my life

edit on 19-3-2017 by jacygirl because: still the brackets

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
If i die and the stupid god(s) should really exist. I'm going to kill all of them. I guess that means no reincarnation for myself. Well i will gladly pay any price to end their tyrannical reign. F#ck all of them.

What if you could become a God and fix the problems.

If that is even possible but i highly doubt it. Good people die all the time and apparently they didn't came back to fix our problems.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No I do not want to come back

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Do I want to experience all the pain and stress of life mixed with a tiny bit of happiness and then face up to the terrifying imponderable of death..again?

Hmm, let me think about that.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I don't give a # what happens after I die, worm food or a magical celestial energy state, meh, I focus only on what can be verified now.
The life experience I'm perceiving as I type this.
edit on 19.3.2017 by grainofsand because: stupid auto correct

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join