It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SPIRIT is All That Survives...Can We Enhance Our Spirit For The Next Journey.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I once wrote this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it, I relate how i believe that we were called from 'beyond', from the realm of spirit down here to this physical dimension in the same manner that writers get called into their stories, and an artist gets called into his paintings- I see creativity as indistinguishable from creation, and believe this to be the root of our spirit, or consciousness: from whence we came, to which we shall return, and from which we can draw(pun intended) both beauty and darkness while in this realm.

So I believe that the way we draw closer to spirit while we are here is trifold: following our creative visions, doing our best to live our visions, and helping others. Our passions are our best compass for mapping ourselves- we can use then to dive within and learn ourselves. To view ourselves as we are, and as we wish to be. And creativity, our passions can be harnessed to bridge that gap, the chasm between our Ideals and Actualities. And caring for our brothers and sisters health, as well as that of the earth around us fosters community and harmony. If we focus on ourselves spiritualiy and mentally, and on others physically and emotionally(for no one can do your inner work but you just as no one can paint what you can; but we can all connect empathetically and emotionally) than all of our needs will be met and we can live in harmony.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Does anyone really know? Are the gnostics correct? Can we possess knowledge of what came before and what will come after while we exist on this physical plane?

I reject that we are allowed that knowledge while we still exist in this reality. With that barrier of amnesia in place we are free and have ultimate free will. This reality is a playground and you create any mental construct you wish, even if it goes against the rules of this reality. But the farther away from the rules you get, the less harmony you will experience in this reality. Kind of like swimming against the current.

So with that freedom you can pick up the paint brush and have your way with the canvas. I believe all knowledge of what came before is still with us, it is a part of us. But it is blocked, sectioned off and inaccessible until we shed this mortal coil. We retain everything we experience in this realty and that information will be merged with our previous knowledge upon exit. Our bodies are simply a vessel that allows us to experience this reality with our brains being the main interface between the material and spiritual. We also retain a portion of our spirit in this reality that operates on another level outside of the physical, but for some reason it is taboo to talk about.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is no OP. There is no topic. There is no you. So there's nothing to say here, and no one to say it.

(in other words, just shut up, perception of a discussion happening between entities in space and time is causing fear to emerge and that must be stopped)

Just make sure no pleasure of exchange arises in this singular now! That would be bad. According to no one.

Fer chrissakes.....

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

can you explain a bit more.. I kinda don't get it..

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Okay. Simple question: do you believe that 'you'- your body, your mind- will always continue to Benin this now moment?

The body appears and disappears. In deep sleep there is no body or mind appearing. But what I am never comes or goes.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
For me, the four Noble truths of Buddhism and its eightfold path helps me prepare for my next life.

It would be WONDERFUL if someone returned from the "next life" to let us know what to expect and how to best prepare for it. Why did the Creator hide it from us?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Thank-you for the video of Peter Brown sharing what he believes we are all experiencing.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

It is very difficult to explain - and no one will ever get it!
Jim Newman tries to explain it to Alan Seinfeld in this video - it is hilarious.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Nother question for you. If no one gets it... If you can't experience anything beyond the 'apparent happening' the appearance of this world and this body and these words and these thought.... If All there is is the appearance of it ... Then its real. Even if its all an illusion. Cud at that point we are illusion living in illusion. And unless you can say for certainty you can see beyond the illusion, then that illusion is real for you, as real as 'reality' is to the one living in it. To an illusion illusions are very re all...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior
Sorry - what was the question?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Not all questions need to have a "?" attached...
The question was twofold:

can you say for a certainty you see beyond the illusion of what is happening- the appearance of the body the mind, the ravenous effects of time, the observer and the I? I'm not debating whether it not it is illusion or if you can be aware of it, but rather does that knowledge enable you to experience real realit?

And second... If that knowledge doesn't give you objectivity... Then what is the purpose of continually telling yourself this is all an illusion if you are unable to see beyond? At that point bit doesn't matter whether its an illusion or not, it is real enough to you since you cannot see beyond it...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

can you say for a certainty you see beyond the illusion of what is happening- the appearance of the body the mind, the ravenous effects of time, the observer and the I?
There is nothing beyond what is appearing - whatever is happening is what there is. Can you see or hear more than what is happening? Even if memory appears now - it is happening. I don't understand what you mean when you say 'the observer and the I' - sorry.

I'm not debating whether it not it is illusion or if you can be aware of it, but rather does that knowledge enable you to experience real realit?
What is it that you are calling 'illusion' and aware of what?
The illusion is that there is someone experiencing or doing. There is just what is happening.

And second... If that knowledge doesn't give you objectivity... Then what is the purpose of continually telling yourself this is all an illusion if you are unable to see beyond? At that point bit doesn't matter whether its an illusion or not, it is real enough to you since you cannot see beyond it...

What knowledge? What is beyond?
There is only ever what there is but thought says there is something else, something other than what there is.

I didn't say I can see 'beyond the illusion' - I didn't say that this is all an illusion - so I found answering the questions very challenging.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

in other words, me and you don't exist, unless the "i" says it exists?
to the observer it all happens, exists, continues.. the non observer doesn't see it.

and we can't know anything because we know nothing? and once we die, we are separated from what we observed?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

in other words, me and you don't exist, unless the "i" says it exists?
to the observer it all happens, exists, continues.. the non observer doesn't see it.

No separate thing exists - just what is IS. Nothing is seeing

There is no observer really. There is what is appearing. The 'appearance' gets divided into a seer/observer and the seen/observed and that is how the one divides and becomes two - it doesn't really but this is how the drama of 'me and my life' happens (but never really happens). Really there is just what is - one.

and we can't know anything because we know nothing? and once we die, we are separated from what we observed?

It is not that 'you' can't know anything - there is no you that can know - there is just what is.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The creator didnt hide anything for it was there all along. Only that you lack the perspectives to perceive it. If you assume that you are the creator experiencing itself, then it would be correct to also assume that he doesnt want to know everything from scratch but learn by EXPERIENCE if not what's the point of life? The book The enlightenment from Alan Holmes describes humans (and life itself) as creatures of manifestations that are gods playing in a simulation that restrict their powers but can be slowly unlocked through experience and learning, a sort of roleplay, it is so close from the truh than we know.

I assume all lifeforms are god with infinite potential to awaken however humans are different because they are taken over by ego. So if you truly want to know what's beyond death without dying, i'd suggest to seek ego death that's about the best way to prepare for death for death is only death of your body and ego. As you say, the spirit/soul consciousness will remain, no matter what. There is no fear to be had (easier said than done agreed) but once you get it in your core, you change into something barely believable from western point of view. That's the way towards enlightenment. There is also yoga and energy arts like ki gong and tai chi. And some herbal shortcuts...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why did the Creator hide it from us?

Perhaps because the journey is more important than the destination, to grow we need experience being human.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"Can We Enhance Our Spirit For The Next Journey."
Our futures are already designed for us by God before we are born.

There is a perfect spiritual path that He gives us with the rest either taking longer or ending in a fatal fall. We agree to the path options and have certain events that makes us know we are on the right path.

If returning to God who resides beyond this universe fails, then the process is repeated via mind wipe and reincarnation. The mind wipe is not perfect because God leaves clues hence those Deja Vu moments where you feel you have done something before.

Enhancing, is to remember everything you have created via your imagination that you can take to the next world.
Example: A carpenter would have the memory of their craftsmanship or blueprints.
A writer would remember their works, word for word.
A computer programmer would remember their scripts where in the other world the program actually takes real form.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Spirit? What is that? Are you referring to the sense of vital force that most refer to (erroneously) as consciousness, or simply to that sense of self-knowing awareness?

I ask what is spirit? You might reply by saying it is energy, and I will respond by asking what type of energy, and you may say spirit energy, and I will again respond with what is spirit energy? At this point, we will both recognise the emergence of the circular argument, because you will be unable to adequately define what you mean by spirit or spirit energy, and thus you cannot discuss it as if it is factual. I will just shrug my shoulders and say it isn't real and that the belief is irrational.

No matter how intense a belief you may have that we are spirit, it cannot make it factual. There is a voluminous amount of anecdote and hearsay about the so-called afterlife, but not a single shred of evidence to support any of it. Some would say that absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence, but they are wrong, absence of evidence really is evidence of absence. It is a factual condition that is proven by the literal absence of evidence, and it is the only part of the equation that can be proved.

Therefore, as an educated person, to go against what is provable is, in the least, disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

An excellent post with fantastic ideas. Thank you and very well put.

I was put in a coma after an accident on a motorcycle, in the coma for about a month, and the best way to describe that is "hallucinogenic", I guess. People are around you, including some you know. Diprivan is the name of the drug, same one that killed Michael Jackson.

When it was time for me to return here, part of me did not want to, part of me wanted to continue in a sort of different dimension. No white light or voices, but a very big part of me did not want to come back to this existence, but to move on to the next.

And that's what I came away with: whatever is next, is even better than this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join