It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood: ‘This is like ‘30s Germany’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

That dehumanization was hardly unique to the Germans and Japanese.

Check out the propaganda posters of the era. The movies of the era. No, it was hardly one way, not even remotely.

To equate the "Hollywood Set" with Nazi's is just silly. Politically naive? Most certainly, imho, but not Nazis--not even the 30's version in the Wiemar Republic.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

That isn't correct?

"Fascism" is generally wielded in terms of hardcore disposition, goon squads, etc.

The actual philosophical description is more towards cronyism between corporations and state. Well guess what, Obamacare is "FASCIST".

So clearly the lib's aren't protesting that kind of fascism. Their angry mobs are primarily hellbent on their new brand of Identity Politics, just twisted up as "globalism" instead of "nationalism", which puts them into Nazi playbook territory. Oh, and with Antifa / BLM / / BAMN / etc they have a whole rainbow of Brownshirt colors (oh wait, they wear blackshirts as their unifying color now I guess).
edit on 19-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL.

You're really trying hard to make nonsense up and pass it off as fact aren't you?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Which part is wrong?

And do articulate.

Insulting peoples intelligence doesn't mean you win a debate when you are arguing from ignorance (whether real or feigned).

Ever hear of Islamic Fascism? The way you're trying to use the term implies to me all wrapped up in the authoritarian description. Are Islamics strictly nationalists?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Mate you can't just take the dictionary definition of "fascism" and add "Liberal" before every instance of the word fascism in the definition then pass it off as fact. It doesn't work like that, sorry.

Why do I even have to explain this?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Or if you're some kind of authority here, if there's a more proper term for these new authoritarian statist corporatist progressives, besides Liberal Fascism, please do correct the record for us.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to call it, this has been brewing for a good while now. Even under Obama we saw the 99%ers, BLM, civil unrest in many cities...

I think much of this is the same, just beating a different drum, but the same people.

As to Hollywood, they get treated as royalty all the time and they think they know what is best for America. As they eat their 400 dollar lunch they pat each other on the back saying how humanist they all are...as the invisible homeless sits across the street and watch them eat. During the academy awards entertainer after entertainer talked about how awful it is to vet people coming into our country and so delay them awhile for the vetting process to work. All the while nothing was said about the 50,000 homeless right out side the door of their show... Loved the Mexican entertainer protesting Trump for wanting to limit illegal aliens from just walking across out border.

They do not like it when they don't get their way, they do not like it when in their best way they try to sway America to their beliefs and fail... "I told you no green M&Ms!!!!"

edit on 19-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Good thing we anarchist and Antifa are not Liberal, your quote actually says "opposed to anarchism"

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
it`s actually good that people can`t express their political beliefs publicly, in the old days people never publicly talked about their religion, political beliefs, or sex lives and got along a lot better then.

I`m confused why anyone would want to publicly proclaim their political affiliation, sex life, or religious beliefs, what do they hope to gain from doing that?
I think a lot of people are insecure and just want attention.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Then why are you all about being at the front of the Nu-liberal aka Liberal Fascist cause?

Is anarchism actually Far Left? The spectrum by which I left that in there had far left as Big Government scum. Which is the Nu-Liberal cause. Anarchists are now Big Government???

So ironic that the Nu-left are all about Big Business, too, as long as they pay huge bucks into their Liberal Fascist machinery.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Good thing we anarchist and Antifa are not Liberal, your quote actually says "opposed to anarchism"

They are well mixed into the liberal protests, so does it really matter what you are?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Do you even know what anarchism is? because you are talking lunacy and hyperbolic ignorance.

We are not part of any Liberal cause, anarchist have our own cause

en.wikipedia.org...
Anarchist communism[1] (also known as anarcho-communism, free communism, libertarian communism,[2][3][4][5][6] and communist anarchism[7][8]) is a theory of anarchism which advocates the abolition of the state, capitalism, wage labour, and private property (while retaining respect for personal property),[9] and in favor of common ownership of the means of production,[10][11][page needed] direct democracy, and a horizontal network of voluntary associations and workers' councils with production and consumption based on the guiding principle: "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need".[12][13]

We want to abolish the State, Governments, Capitalism, Hierarchies, Patriarchies etc at no point in time do we advocate for "Big business" of this 'Nu-liberal" you speak of.

How are you even coming up with your nonsense?
edit on 20-3-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, it does matter "what" we are because we are fighting for two different things )see above post(

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

CLINT EASTWOOD DID

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Yes, it does matter "what" we are because we are fighting for two different things )see above post

We want to abolish the State, Governments, Capitalism, Hierarchies, Patriarchies etc at no point in time do we advocate for "Big business" of this 'Nu-liberal" you speak of.

And so what do you replace it with...

I coined this idea as a modern game reset... Today if the young doesn't like how their game is going they just reset it back to zero and start over. Well the real world doesn't work like a game... You want to reset just because you are unwilling to achieve within what we have to work with just so everyone who may have worked 50 years for what they got today is just not fair for you who does not have it right away. It's like you joined a game years after it started and see all these level 60 players running around and being level 1 you want everyone to start over at level 1...lol

Just become level 60 too, the game was going long before I joined just like you and I was able to succeed... It takes work...that may be a game changer for you though...

The end result is I would still do well either way and Anarchist like you would in 100 years be screaming for another reset, give me a break.

What you do not realize is all you mentioned is why we as a human race have achieved what we have achieved... I say that knowing that too much of any of these you mention is bad, I agree, but we would still be living like 4000 years ago without everything you hate.

Read the book Sapiens and get with me to understand how we got to where we are......

edit on 20-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It's just communism without order.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

A couple of months ago, James Hetfield (Metallica frontman) came with a similar statement :

Met allica singer James Hetfield says he moved out of San Francisco because he was 'sick of the elitist attitudes'

'I kind of got sick of the Bay Area, the attitudes of the people there, a little bit,' Hetfield said.

'They talk about how diverse they are, and things like that, and it's fine if you're diverse like them. But showing up with a deer on the bumper doesn't fly in Marin County.'

'That just seems to polarize people even more. We all have our own beliefs, but at the end of the day, we're trying to connect with people and it seems like political views don't do that as much as music does.'

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: infolurker

A couple of months ago, James Hetfield (Metallica frontman) came with a similar statement :

Met allica singer James Hetfield says he moved out of San Francisco because he was 'sick of the elitist attitudes'

'I kind of got sick of the Bay Area, the attitudes of the people there, a little bit,' Hetfield said.

'They talk about how diverse they are, and things like that, and it's fine if you're diverse like them. But showing up with a deer on the bumper doesn't fly in Marin County.'

'That just seems to polarize people even more. We all have our own beliefs, but at the end of the day, we're trying to connect with people and it seems like political views don't do that as much as music does.'

Even more reason to like Metallica

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Well mate, not our parties or policies, sure.

We've been through enough political #e in the last 12 odd years to know what were talking about. Weve had more prime ministers than elections, doesnt seem to matter who gets voted in. But i am sure thats for another thread.

Way too much crazy. Some is good but it is hard to keep up with the ever increasing bar of batsh!t insane we deal with.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As if we needed more reasons.

Good advice, though.

Gonna listen to black. Soothes the soul

Btw. Stood next to lars in a pub in sydneys upper west...he was saying something similar about 20 years ago.
edit on 20-3-2017 by sunkuong because: Because. Brain fart

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join