It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood: ‘This is like ‘30s Germany’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

Yeah "joking" when it's convenient for you. Got it. Just like Tim Allen was "joking". You fail.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: infolurker
Ever been to the WWII museum in New Orleans?  Amazing place.  What really struck me was how Germany and Japan literally dehumanized anyone not on their side.  They dehumanized people to such an extent the population would go along with treating the enemy as a cancer that had to be eradicated.  America never did that...      

Sorry, are you serious?????
America never did that???
The most racist western nation???
The white racists(not the average white population!) in the former USA never did that???
Black people were never dehumanized? US citizens of japanese origin were never put into concentration camps? Innocent muslims(Murat Kurnaz, german) were never send to Guantanamo, for years, because they were muslim?
Journalists/media, which critize the rulers, were never threated almost as enemy of the state, if they don´t say what the rulers want them to say?

Yeah, but "America"(i think the former USA was meant) never did that...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
It's kind of sick how anti-liberal some of you are.

It's also kind of sick how you "new" members are hell bent about keeping this negative and rhetorical left vs right dialogue alive. But seriously, how many wizards are behind the curtain?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The most racist western nation???
The white racists(not the average white population!) in the former USA never did that???

How do you measure how racist a nation is I ask.

Why are you referring to the nation as the former USA?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

People like you are the reason the negative parts of "Liberal" stuck and redefined it. I swear.

And yet. . . . I consider myself a liberal.

If we're talking Thomas Jefferson Liberal, I too consider myself a liberal. If we're talking modern liberal, I couldn't distance myself any further from them. Interesting how the meaning of words change through the years.

Yes, like spades are now called shovels, they both do totally different jobs....

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Safe to say you were "Triggered".

Saying my obvious joke was 'convenient' is all the evidence I need of your awareness. It was obvious. Or was the part about a literal fence just too over your head?

For you to call my joke a ploy is a pathetic ploy on your part, just to try to get me to renig into a 'liberal' position for you to attack. Sad.
edit on 19-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

It's kind of sick how anti-liberal some of you are.

It's also kind of sick how you "new" members are hell bent about keeping this negative and rhetorical left vs right dialogue alive. But seriously, how many wizards are behind the curtain?

Anyone saying liberals are the issue is definitely a wizard. They know every liberal, so from the get go that's omnipresent.

Placing people in small baskets is all the Right does, short of concentration camps, it's a useless trait of theirs. Except the ever encompassing Republican title.

Republicans can't even acknowledge extremists in their own group. To think such a ideology gap even exists from that to 'conservative' is a disconnect of it's own. Massive controversial international and foreign policy changes isn't "Conservative".

"But Hillary"- Hillary isn't a 'conservative'. Even though she was for a Dem, and there's no pleasing people, that point is most people can't even see past the log infront of their own face.

Matthew 7:4
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while there is still a log in your own eye?

Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite! First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

edit on 19-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The left are the ones pushing hardcore identity politics, hardcore censorship, and the rest I opened up with (and never mind my last post you conveniently didn't respond to) etc. So they have taken things way beyond the old left/right mark from a decade ago, which has triggered social strife the likes of the 1950's, with them (literally) marching around as the aggressors while justifying it as everyone against them are the "fascists" when they're the ones marching like Nazi's (tactically & procedurally speaking they are verbatim).

Everything you're saying off topic. The issue is how out in liberal la la land, Allen compared their censorship bullying etc crap, to which you've spent the bulk of your work in here comparing, or rather calling out the right as being the worst and oh the poor liberals. Quit acting like the voice of reason. At least admit your biases.

And spare us the what what. Of course not EVERY single "liberal" is se an Antifa, or a sleeve band wearing BLM goon. But this stuff I and others have outlined is the trend of the Democrat party, as well as "liberals" (progressives, or whatever they each call themselves) these days in US / EU / Australia / etc; where the bulk of front men are pushing this crap hardcore, the media in particular, and like not all Muslim's support se ISIS style terrorism, they tend to believe the same logic that they do and stick of for them if anything. They tend to defend, deflect, protect, nurture, etc the extremists whom are increasingly the base each passing year post-Obama.

or if you want to really argue that Republican's are straight out of Nazi Tactics Land, then I already gave you a killer outline of exactly how a group would follow their playbook to the hilt, in my opening comment herein.
edit on 19-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

My parents are highly educated, kind hearted democrats...

To call them 'progressives' or 'liberals' is an insult.

I would never insult my beloved parents by grouping them with the modern leftist/progressive/liberal movement long since bereft of morality...

And yet all you have to do is peruse most of the pro-Trump threads here on ATS to see that the Right is doing it's damnedest to paint the entire Left with one big, broad brush.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

My parents are highly educated, kind hearted democrats...

To call them 'progressives' or 'liberals' is an insult.

I would never insult my beloved parents by grouping them with the modern leftist/progressive/liberal movement long since bereft of morality...

-Chris

the modern leftist?....your whole view is based on a few hundred extremists that are either outlandish or destructive and played up on right-wing media, the same thing republicans accuse the liberal media of doing

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Hey, if you're truly not of the pro-bully, pro-censorship, hyper-tribalist (SJW whatever), pro-race baiting, etc etc etc you, licker of Obama's & Hillary's war criminal boots... type of 'progressive' these days, I've said it many times, you guys the small handful of remaining moderates out there you need to make a new name for yourselves, and start calling out these extremists and their inanity, set yourselves apart from them make a movement out of it and save your party and quit possibly the human race in the process in this most damned Century.

Or you can get all offended by being lumped in with the new faces of liberalism. Maybe go and derail some anti-SJW extremism threads while you're at it. Punch a anti-SJW woman or two in the face perhaps.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm constantly being labelled as a "Leftard" by pro-Trumpers - no matter how "moderate" my posts are. Plenty of others are receiving the same treatment. The Right wants to be respected but given the way they treat literally EVERYBODY else who dares to disagree with them then I can say that 'respect' from me is very, very far off.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The Trump situation, how crazy the MSM's circus show for the election drove everyone and is unfortunate.

What I said above, I had been saying before I even started tuning in depth into the election.

And I gotta say, seeing masses obsessed with Obama & Hillary despite desrving to go down as every bit as hard as Dubya ever did, while wanting our elected government overthrown by the CIA & MSM because they hate Trump (when I could demonstrate without a doubt that all the stuff they say they hate Trump for, Obama and the Clinton's are all of that many times over)... the stakes are too high now.

If you're truly a moderate them its up to you guys to pull your philosophy / party back from the crazies. It's only going to push the right into such craziness, where this time its war on the streets the left have been initiating over soggy lettuce.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you're truly a moderate them its up to you guys to pull your philosophy / party back from the crazies. It's only going to push the right into such craziness, where this time its war on the streets the left have been initiating over soggy lettuce.

1. I'm Aussie. Not my parties.
2. Perhaps the Right could also do the same thing and rein in their "crazies" before the divide becomes too great that you descend into another civil war?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What crazies compare to BLM? Antifa? BAM?

And dont even try the KKK. They and their operations aren't propped up and supported with billions of dollars in power structure support networks, the bulk of any media (except their own little websites or whatever I guess) let alone the vast majority of it, etc. Their ideas aren't being preached by the bulk of anybody but them.

This "PC" dogma the left lives by now (including there in Australia), its at the core of all of these problems, this budding civil war.

And random nutters dont exactly count either. there's always going to be random nutters for any 'cause', and without cause.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I see what you're trying to say. The Left is full of crazies and a few moderates that should get off their ass and stop the crazies but the Right is pure and good and made of gold and surrounded by fluffy puppies and bunny rabbits and they don't do anything wrong whatsoever.

I'm not interested in that conversation mate as it's as far from the truth as one can possibly get.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I'm not a conservative, Republican, whatever, but if you can ONLY play partisan then you're hardly a moderate. Not when all your side pushes these days is this insane identity politics, globalism, etc crap

And you can try to pin that label on me, but check my links I posted in here, it wont stick.

I'm just even more pissed with the liberals post-Obama than I was the repubs post-Bush. The way they're insane BS has everyone divided we have little to no hope of ever uniting in the face of our true enemies, far far worse than the right ever did.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

far far worse than the right ever did.

The "Right" went out of their way to block literally EVERYTHING Obama tried to do, then blamed Obama for not doing it.

You can hardly say that the Left is acting "far far worse than the right ever did" when they actively blocked the functioning of government for 8 years.

edit on 19/3/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
republicans want to, and have in the past, cut taxes for the wealthy....that's all it takes for me....why?....the wealthy don't need more of their taxes cut by cutting services to the poor. why is this so hard to understand?

why do you think America was set up in the first place to have a representative government? because they already knew 250 years ago, that wealth is concentrated into the upper class of kings, dictators, tzars, and royalty.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

They put themselves into one group the mentally confused category anyone who thinks that getting boobs or getting their penis removed makes them the opposite sex then they have a mental issue noone is born gay or boy in a girl's body those are real mental health issues because their parents couldn't tell their 3 year old he was a boy but started dressing g him as a girl and treating him like a girl that would cause some mental issues don't ya think it is all liberal bs to keep adding g letters

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join