It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison Guards Who Boiled A Schizophrenic Man to Death Will Not Be Charged

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. One of the hardest things to do is reporting abuse. Nobody likes a grass and nobody wants to be one. There has to be a tipping point, or line in the sand, to agree that Person X went too far and complaints are justified. I've also personally known of people who used excessive force being set straight behind closed doors and off-the-record.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting thought

Was this a private prison I wonder?

I was thinking beyond that. The judge should have known better. That she didn't could be an indication of cartel corruption reaching into our own government. It's that kind of thing that's destroying Mexico and making it great right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How sickening...what a weak excuse for a State Attorney. BTW this happened in 2012 do you know if they were ever charged?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

mene mene tekel upharsin

The god of this planet is not mans friend!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: CreationBro

In that sort of situation? I doubt it.

The medication will be the cheapest available, and the personnel issuing it won't be of the highest caliber. Not that they're bad people, but other institutions get the brightest and best.

Even if he was medicated, periods of decompensation should still be treated on an inpatient basis. Prison is hard. Having to put up with someone who's insane doing insane stuff (i can only imagine...i've seen things) certainly doesn't make life any better.

I doubt it was a hit. It was probably more like he was filthy, smelled terrible, and was getting complaints from his peers. So the guards had to give him a shower (sigh). I doubt they intended to kill him. I would imagine they expected the water to max out around 130, as that is kind of the generally agreed upon range to prevent scalds by insurance companies. I would suspect that they were indifferent to his screams, thinking he's still crazy and just screaming. Since everyone is sick of him, they are able to get away with bullying him. Tey are "teaching him a lesson" on behalf of the whole cell block.

This is just me trying to take what the story says, use what I know about people, and paint a possible image. But I believe that the equipment was faulty. The water should never get to 180 degrees. I believe the prison guards were mistreating a prisoner because he was insane and needed someone to make sure they did basic stuff like bathe, meaning they had to do a task they didn't want to do. In the process of their bullying to "teach him a lesson", the malfunction cooked him alive. They simply thought his screams were more schizophrenic symptomology. They aren't trained to provide that kind of care, so did a terrible job at it. On top of bully and mistreating a prisoner for making them have to do work.

I usually try to avoid quoting long posts, but wanted to make sure BFFT's post was prominent, because he did an excellent job of taking emotion out of the equation.

My take - he's right, most likely. But - it does indicate (as we all know) SERIOUS problems in the Incarceration Industry. I also believe these four should be held to account for their crimes. What those crimes are...I don't know exactly. Reckless endangerment? Torture? Aggravated assault and battery? Even if the water topped out at 120°F, wouldn't those still apply?

And what were the guards promoted for? Were they the only ones recently worthy of promotion?

Initially, I was just resisting the urge to vent by describing the many ways I would like to see the guards tortured, so thank you for the reasoned thoughts BFFT. Great post... Terrible story.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Things like this make me expect a violent backlash.

If that prison riots and kills all the guards in a brutal fashion, it would be "normal" in my eyes.

Our civilization is deserving of a fall. It will come and it will NOT be under anyones control.

This is all too much when seen together.

edit on 3 19 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
to think he went in there because he was just USING coc aine.
that is terrifying. he died because of an indulgence.

its terrible how elitists work.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I doubt it was a hit. It was probably more like he was filthy, smelled terrible, and was getting complaints from his peers. So the guards had to give him a shower (sigh). I doubt they intended to kill him. I would imagine they expected the water to max out around 130, as that is kind of the generally agreed upon range to prevent scalds by insurance companies. I would suspect that they were indifferent to his screams, thinking he's still crazy and just screaming.

How do you explain the length of two hours? At least stop and think about how long two hours is. Then you can go ahead and do your mental gymnastics to excuse it again.
But I'm trying to tell this to a person who thinks the screams of pain and horror as a man was slowly killed, could be mistaken for anything else, so why bother.

Even if this wasn't murder, it was manslaughter. That criminal charges weren't brought is an outrage and a farce.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You #ing nailed it. I literally cannot agree more.

I should clarify that my "being in agreement" was not with the post directly above the above quoted post, but a more previous post of bigfat's.

There is no justification for this ocurrence and subsequent ruling. The punishment did NOT fit the crime.

Furthermore, seeing and or treating those with mental illness in a manner like this, as if they are inferior, via discrimination or gross punishment, is purely on the level on hitler's nazi Germany and borders on the level of psychopathy, which, btw, is also a mental disorder lol.

edit on 20-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

He was charged with coc aine possession. Sounds like his schizophrenia is of his own making as was his jail time.

And probably was combative.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

When I messed up as a young adult (24) I caught my second(and last) felony (drunken idiocy)... I thought I was going to prison so I joined the jail's kitchen work program because every month of work takes off a few days of whatever sentence one receives... I swear, they turn the temperature up to an unbearable level every two weeks. I'd just jump in and jump out, lather up up and then jump in and out a few times to rinse off. This very short exposure to this water left my skin bright red. We all knew what they were doing. Every, roughly, two weeks... they'd just say it's broken and it'll be fixed soon. No, they knew we are not allowed to work in the kitchen unless we are clean. Thankfully I got time served at court date and didn't have to go to prison...

P.S., before a fellow ATSer judges me wrong cause of my past, I only committed the second felony to pay the fines for the first one(controlled substance) cause no one would hire me cause of the first one. Crazy cycle. Turns out they don't lock people up for court costs but will garnish your paycheck probably if you can afford it. My roughly, $2000 in unpaid court costs are 12 years old so my take on it is if oneself doesn't make enough, they​ kinda "slide it under the rug."

This post went way longer than I initially intended. Heh
edit on 23/3/2017 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
Holy #! Seriously? These people tortured animals as kids.

Again, and it seems that I've been saying it more and more, I just don't understand people.

You and me both. Sometimes I think I am a different specie from another planet but we look similar and they captured us in war and locked us up on Earth. LoL​

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

They sure do protect their own don't they? Must be nice to be above the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join