It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Music

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Surely Bach would be accessible to all intelligent species!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Given that they are a spacefaring/time travelling race, I think their culture will be purely mathematical/science based. A 24/7 lab work kinda life. Thus, if they encounter our music, it will be just an oddity for them.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

I think aliens created music to hypnotize us all.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think they would find our music "schwifty"

Honestly, I can't imagine how would alien music sound to our ears, but we have so much diversity of genres and styles here that I don't think it would be too drastically different from anything we already have.
edit on 21/3/2017 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Even the variance within us humans is pretty amazing.

You can go to Scotland, some guy in a kilt, belting out a jig on bagpipes. Go off to India, there is a snake charmer playing an oboe looking thing to a snake. Now both instruments, timing, and tuning are totally different. But slap an air bladder on that thing in India, BAM! bagpipes! Standing behind the piper, twirling fuzzy clubs, is a beefy guy also in a kilt, thumping out da Bass. Go to Alaska; some little native dude is being tossed high up into the air while a crowd of elders beat out a tempo on a flat, circular seal skin drum. That is something somebody who never heard Alaska Native music before totally grooves on if they are a visiting Scotsman and piper! I know because I heard the story of that very thing happening. Different cultures, similar ideas, similar instruments, and a fundamental grasping and appreciation of what the other is doing.

Would an alien be so different? (Except the heavy metal abduction story of course! LOL)

I think Jimi Hendrix could be an alien. And if he wasn't he heard like somebody not of this earth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join