It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What do you think would be an extraterrestrials point of view on the concept of music?
Would it have variation of instruments far different from what is used by the humans on earth?
How would it compare to our musical theory?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen
To 1 music can be a universal language. Some E.T may find interest in it or enjoy it...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As long as they aren't Bieber fans!

I'm guessing it would be kinda funky techno sounding.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I suspect they would enjoy our music, and theirs would have to be far different, of course. But music is math and math is universal, a part of the structure of the universe itself. In fact, music might be a way to communicate. Remember the organ in Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I just can’t picture an alien boogying

Maybe some classical music or even some cool or avant garde jazz: Bill Evans or Ornette Coleman maybe.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

would they nod their heads to the beat and tap their feet?

how would they react to what we consider really good quality that makes you just want to dance?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
What do you think would be an extraterrestrials point of view on the concept of music?
Would it have variation of instruments far different from what is used by the humans on earth?
How would it compare to our musical theory?

They likely view it as more of a multi-purpose tool than we do incorporating it into medicine and science in tangible ways....like we would be doing if it were not for global suppression of humanitarian knowledge.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
In Arthur C. Clarke's novel 2001 the infamous Monolith appeared in Africa to a tribe of proto-humans, and began pulsating musical beats and rhythms, which awakened dormant centers of the primate's brains, stimulating the advancement of simple tools and enabling the tribe to develop further than they would have without outside interference.

Music, without a doubt, is a wonderful method of communication, as it speaks both to the mathematical and the emotional.

As portrayed in Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind, it would not surprise me in the slightest if music was the primary "language" by which we learn to communicate with other sentient beings.

As far as I know, there is not a single human culture on Earth that does not have some form of musical communication.

It would seem, that despite all our differences, that Music is indeed a Universal Language.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
maybe they jam to the grooves of bowie's classic space rock.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they would dig Steve Vai.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I know of an abductee years ago... young guy in his early twenties. He had been through several encounters and had an implant - the typical abduction case. One night he and his girlfriend went to a concert. I don't remember if I knew the band and forgot or not, but it was hard rock music. Later that night he was visited by the greys. They were pi$$ed! They told him, don't EVER do that to us again!
Ha! That'll teach 'em not to listen in!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Prince.
He was not of this world.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Varies from species to species..

With regard to Music I come up with the following.

1 Do they have ears. (then only tactile music , small ears probably more DB needed than we)
2 Atmosphere they live in. (propagation of sound)
3 Size of the species. (smaller species is higher pitched music)
4 Metabolic rate. ( higher rate more bmps me guess )

So if it comes to grays for instance I think

somewhat higher pitch = 1.2x frequency,
Small ears = need more decibels than we (lets say 3decibels more on the average)
Slower metabolic rate = less BPM (guess 0.8x)

Mhassing it all up and letting my A.I datamining the result It came up with this music as begin the favorite song of the gray aliens....

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

would they nod their heads to the beat and tap their feet?

how would they react to what we consider really good quality that makes you just want to dance?

I think they would detect the melodic or harmonic frequency patterns and groove accordingly.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
They are light years ahead of us in brown note technology

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They love it.

See

youtu.be...
edit on 19-3-2017 by lunarrover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There music would have to have passion...like any other good music.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
it does make one wonder if they would respond more to higher pitches and frequencies or a solid bass beat.
the mathematical aspect would almost certainly be a factor.
if they have been around/visiting for thousands of years, then maybe they would be more responsive to some of the lost music from the cradles of civilization. maybe the rediscovery of said music is one of the keys to communicating most effectively.
I'm a huge believer in the power of music, so I give it alot of credit. and that's alot of "maybe" and "if", but regardless of what kind would be most pleasing, I'd have to guess that they have some pretty interesting tunes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join