It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is challenging the whole CIA-media nexus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The following quotes are from journalist Jon Rappoport's blog. I think the whole article is lucid and worth a read. (Emphasis mine.)

When Trump goes after mainstream news, he’s also going after its shadow brother, the CIA; and vice versa. This is no accident. You can’t put a heavy dent in one without putting a heavy dent in the other.

As the mainstream press continues to stir the pot and attack Trump on every possible front, day after day, they strive to impart the impression that the escalating war between Trump and the CIA is a sign that the president’s administration is in a condition of severe imbalance, heading toward the edge of the cliff.

Two points about that: the press is trying to protect its shadow brother, the CIA; and the reason a war between a president and the CIA hasn’t broken out since JFK and the Bay of Pigs is, simply, no president has dared to challenge the CIA openly.
Or to put it another way, every president since Kennedy SHOULD have gone to war with the CIA, but no president did.

Trump, so far, is carrying out his version of a war.

When 'Deep State' actors have total control of our foreign policy (and every keystroke we've ever made here at home ahem) then I think, if we're being perfectly honest with ourselves, that this is not a good thing. Nor is it Constitutional. Not in any sense I can find in my reading of it.

Anyone who traditionally stands in the way of this doesn't fair to well. The author makes some good points on some of the possible outcomes. It's not a fight for sissies and it would seem ne'er impossible. Gotta love and appreciate a warrior though.

Trump is challenging the whole CIA-media nexus

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A little more:

He may stop, he may make peace, he may turn away, he may decide the consequences are too steep, but so far he’s doing, in this respect, what he should be doing, because the CIA has believed, for a long, long time that it is the president, it runs the country, it decides the important issues, it fronts for mega-corporate incursions into foreign nations, it decides foreign policy, it calculates when a regime should be overthrown, it decides how to foment wars that will end up funneling huge chunks of cash to the military-industrial complex…

People with attention spans of less than six seconds think rooting out corruption in high places can be done with the stroke of a pen and an executive order. No. Afraid not.

edit on Sat Mar 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

This battle was going to happen sooner or later and it seems that the game is on ...If he can pick up enough people in key places he might be able to pull it off .He seems to be handling the MSM well enough ...They are really loosing their luster as of late .

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's true. The American people have been the victims of a coup from the CIA led media, and continue to be, with no real recourse, unless someone with the audacity can make it happen. If He can lead us away from this bastion of ignorance used upon the American people then we all win. Public opinion has been controlled by the CIA and the NSA for much too long.
Those who would trade freedom for ignorance need to make a deal with themselves and either keep hating on Trump or eat some crow and then gain a new future, or everything will remain the same and even get much worse.
edit on 18-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I agree with this concept. All this weirdness among internal government happenings is surfacing to be a silent political coup.

Now it's time for the masses to choose a side as the 2 sides of political future here... do Americans want to believe what the media tells us and constantly think that red and or blue are our only options, or do Americans want to forego speculation, focus on the actions and efforts needed currently, put Americans as a whole before what we want individually, and push the media influence out of the MSM hands and put the influence back into the hands of the citizens.

I gave up TV and MSM now... my media sources are the new Walter Cronkite's, Dan Rathers', and Oprah Winfrey's found in random podcasts and webcasts of a wide array of American minds. I support this coup... its time for MSM and its supporters to retire and move influence back to the citizens.
edit on 18-3-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And that being one of the author's main points: He can't smash it all, not right away anyway, but he hit the propagandized MSM (the major mind-effing arm that attempts to keep us in groupthink) hard and opened a lot of folks eyes.
edit on 18-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

JFK also had it in for the CIA. That did not turn out good.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

JFK also had it in for the CIA. That did not turn out good.

I think the difference is JFK knew they were dirty and under handed but might not have believed the would go so far as to off an American president. Trump knows it to be true.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Maybe Trump is some karma for JFK, seasonal. I tend to think so. I hope so. The "clown" they didn't expect. The guy they said couldn't win (CIANN told us so!) He may or may not survive it, but he's getting a little piece o' butt for Jack...and us.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The way Trump talks to the American people and his go get'em attitude is reminiscent of JFK.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

We also have to keep in mind that the CIA has its hands full ...They have been busy boys and the release of VAULT 7 was a big blow to them .Its hard to imagine that WikiLeaks could release something more damming but they might have something to cut the legs out from under them too ...we just don't know right now ...The MSM spin is not working though .This investigation on Monday could start another quake .

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

I think the difference is JFK knew they were dirty and under handed but might not have believed the would go so far as to off an American president. Trump knows it to be true.

And Trump appears to have Erik Prince. A man well-versed in how it all works. Maybe he wants to repent a little. That's a whole 'nuther discussion but seems like he has had enough of it too. Might be the kind of guy that has a man's back. I hope so.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I was thinking that maybe Flynn might be working for Trump covertly too ...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Trump isn’t fighting the media he’s fighting the silly media that doesn’t like Trumps personality. He’s fighting a section of the eastern liberal establishment media

If you look at his policies he’s slowly going everywhere the CIA went and in some regard going stronger there.

Trump is fighting the Eastern Establishment CIA connections through an association with the Western establishment elite

They’ve always shared power and have miniscule differences but the do have differences.

Don’t be deceived by Trump. He is all establishment just a different branch of the anti-liberal right-wing Oil and gas/ Military Industrial complex Southern and Western bosses.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It's true. The American people have been the victims of a coup from the CIA led media, and continue to be, with no real recourse, unless someone with the audacity can make it happen. If He can lead us away from this bastion of ignorance used upon the American people then we all win. Public opinion has been controlled by the CIA and the NSA for much too long.
Those who would trade freedom for ignorance need to make a deal with themselves and either keep hating on Trump or eat some crow and then gain a new future, or everything will remain the same and even get much worse.

I must say, your capitalization of the word "He" in reference to Trump is kind of creepy.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He does, and he seemingly publicizes his distaste for media standards. Take a look at this short video where they are scrutinizing him for not shaking Merkel's hand.

See how he is not appreciative of a specific comment at (0:43), then shakes his head slightly in disgust. All I can see, is that he is in disgust with the media's presence around him and he is in deep thought on that concept alone. To the point that he is even ignoring the words that Merkel whispers to him... he's just sitting there with a stare at the media around him... like he can't trust a single soul.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The more Trump tries to make America.... American, the more resistance we'll see from the other side.

It's not that the CIA is losing...it's more like their job is complete..

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Do you hear Trump criticizing the Syrian conflict?

The CIA Russian war? No, he has adapted the policies towards Russia.

On Syria, the US who lost there can blame Trump and therefore not admit defeat.

This Trump, CIA war is bogus

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

The more Trump tries to make America.... American, the more resistance we'll see from the other side.

It's not that the CIA is losing...it's more like their job is complete..

Kind of looks that way, sigh. However there's something to be said, at least, for going down swinging.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

And this is why you need swamp people on your team.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join