It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Our Future Wars Be Fought by Massive Military Robots?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
as EMP is being widley discussed in this thread it would help if it was discussed factually .

to quote from WIKI :

Radiation hardening is the act of making electronic components and systems resistant to damage or malfunctions caused by ionizing radiation (particle radiation and high-energy electromagnetic radiation)

note the higlighted word

radiation hardening is NOT blanket imunity to EVERYTHING

but resistance to a givenn magnitude of " attack " at a given range

just like every other passive protection system

just like physical armour plate - there are degrees of radiation hardening - and the protection they afford

infact physical armour plate is a good analogy - as its very easy to protect something against the blast and damage from an offenive infantry hand grenade [ like the briitish L109A1 ] thats landed 10m away - but armouring a system to survive the detonation of a MOAB bomb [ gbu 43b ] at 10 m is nigh imposible with current armour on a mobile system

and its the same with radiation hardening - the more energy the EMP attack has and the closer it is to the target - the less effective any given level of radiation hardening will be

EMP is not a wunder waffen - nor is it possible with current tech to make a mobile sistem 100% immune

but hey - carry on - i wouldnt want mere facts to stifle the thread

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Any considerable military power that wants to remain such, is bound to aim at new concepts surrounding modern warfare objectives of human troops engagements away from the line of fire. I believe the Russian military's catchy phrase for it is "Voyna bez smert" and it consists on a set of principles that aim at rendering the most expensive and complex military assets (Human operators) as protected as possible from enemy fire while letting machines / drones / robots engage violently into the line of fire. This way, the human operator is not only safe in a location far away from combat, but he is also practically fearless and tireless while directing machines to combat.

No wonder that the EU and NATO is bombarding all TV and media with propaganda against robots and the usage of automation. Similarly to how the vatican banned crossbows in the 14th century when they realized they could pierce their own plate armor.

Such strategic and tactical objectives will involve the development and fielding of the latest technologies exploiting new physics principles and new combat tactics in all environments.

There's one catch to renders this type of modern warfare absolutely unbeatable in the face of any enemy. That's the correct formulation of state interests and foreign policy, in a post-colonialist world.
Military powers attempting to save colonialism will face enemies they can't defeat, and the destruction of more and more robots will only increase the industrial capabilities of the enemy and their exports / GDP.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

Massive military robot equates to massive military target, factor in advances in both nuclear and hyper sonic cruise missile technologies and i really don't think any such target would last long in a modern theatre of war.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's why i design my anthropomorphic warbots like honda designed cars in the 80's lol...

I'm laughing because I'm telling the truth

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well if the robots are the ones fighting the wars and there are no actual casualties

It will then be the robots destroying that countries facilities, manufacturing plants, going further into the country till it reaches real human population.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

That's not all i do...

I also build the systems you guys are discussing...
But what would i know and why would anyone wanna know what i know since I've only been working at this subject for 20 years and all...

ROFL

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

so in other words tanks fighter jets submarines aircraft carriers and etc are all bad ideas by your "logic" too right?

Funny thing is, by your logic most of those are WAYYYY WORSE THAN MECHA.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

First off... Why would "new magnetic technologies" not affect every other piece of kit just as much?

Second, speaking as someone actually aware of "new magnetic technologies" (My designs being right there on the bleeding edge of "new magnetic technologies" and my having put in the research to learn exactly what current unclassified technologies can do, including what info is available on nuclear stuff in the emp realm) i can tell you you're hopelessly wrong pretty authoritatively.

Like i said though, what do i know i only build the damn stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeimten

That's just not how war works, not even a little.

P.s. the countries people live mostly around the edges / near oceans rivers lakes and borders.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

I've said it before, and I will say it again... nobody cares how much one knows when they know how much one cares. With that in mind, I have no problem patting you on the back, telling you 'good job', and being content with being inferior to your grand intellect. You aren't going to get any rewards or positive feedback from a few gloat sessions... from me at least. There might be treasure troves of knowledge you store, but the conceded demeanor drives debate to closed doors.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Actually I'm writing up a post to share a little bit of what I'm working on with you guys in this thread...

I'm having some difficulty writing it in a way my patent attorney will let me publish though....

I mean, assuming you guys actually wanna hear from someone actually working on what you guys are talking about that is ....

*disclaimer up front!:

I cannot and will not share actual pictures and hard data from my actual work, and nothing anyone says can or will change my mind on this! This is my livelihood, please respect that!

What i will share is pictures documents and etc available online along with descriptions and explanations of stuff i can tell/show you so that you can start to form a mental picture etc of kinda what I'm describing and it's capabilities.

I can say up front that the actual reality of what can be done and is being done is both far more and far less impressive than many of you imagine.

Also, realize that just like me there's others who are pushing all this tech FAR FURTHER than anything you'll see online or acknowledged in open talk... (How much more, i have no idea, but judging by what an infintessimally little fish i am and how capable my stuff is getting... Hang onto your hats LOL!)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Also, while i attempt to work out and get my larger more informative post approved by my lawyer...

I'll at least sorta explain the areas I'm involved in etc.

Right now I'm working at putting together some commercial grade products and etc which i can sell and use the exposure and $ from to militarize and push my products towards my eventual vision for them.

My two primary "r&d efforts" are in developing

1. human performance augmentation through powered and unpowered mechanisms and etc (exoskeleton research basically)

2. A class of "ideally" optionally autonomous / remotely piloted / manned systems which utilize biomimicry but are not like "big dog" or "big cat" from boston robotics which are essentially robotic items based in existing animal templates. My stuff is more akin to the horse looking deal with wheels on it's "back feet" boston robotics recently showed! (Not as cool as theirs yet either LOL)

This second line of my stuff takes heavy influence from a class of forestry equipment used in western Europe known as "walking excavators". It's also heavily influenced by extreme rock crawler designs like "chainlink" and the "rock dawg" family of vehicles. I incorporate much of what i have been able to scrounge up and glean about the approaches to coding and control of stuff like big dog big cat and "little dog" (university program funded by darpa).

Right now the plan is for several distinct sizes of a common vehicle layout ranging between mid sized dog, high performance 2-3 man personal watercraft sized but single man, and one the size of a large sedan or hilux truck...

For obvious reasons I'm doing the majority of my r&d on the small end though. (even that's damn expensive and requires unholy amounts of tooling etc)

What i can tell you guys with absolute assurance because of my own work is that these things are extremely possible, will be extraordinarily deadly, and would likely already be showing up on the battlefield if it weren't for entirely non technical factors keeping them off it!

They've been viable as a useful and affordable combat system for several years now. (maybe a decade or a bit more?)

The question of what size they'll top out depends very much on what the race between armor protection technology and offensive weapons technology looks like at any given time. The Russians are already building bmp-2/3 sized systems, and have tested essentially hilux truck sized deals in combat in Syria already...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Hahaha... Thought so....

P.s. kids...

Wanna poop yourselves a little in fright at just what kinda brainpower is running around ATS and the world in general?

There's a thread i believe in weaponry entitled why not mobile suits?

We've discussed this one a few times before, and what truly saddens me is the sheer difference in intellectual horsepower enthusiasm and percentage of people in the thread actively looking to do something besides be right whether they're right or not....

Anyway, if you go to that thread and check it out... Pay extra special attention to ch_1446's posts!!!

Idk who the hell that guy was but, boy i sure hope he's on our side LOL!!

Watch as over many many pages of posts he zeros in on a very workable concept that wasn't doable yet... But i swear to god darpa boston robotics and others including pop sci read his posts with as much riveted interest as i did!!!

(His concept got drawn and pretty faithfully described as a COVER ILLUSTRATION AND FEATURE ARTICLE... unattributed of course, why give actual creators of stuff anything but endless hell financial troubles and etc for their hard work after all! Right?!)

Anyway, in some very real and key ways that actual thread as well as a book telling the story of how the first MIT fablab came to be, (and by extension the birth of reprap the open source revolution and etc which is only where it is today because of these pioneers) and too much cyberpunk snow crash diamond age shadowrun and battletech consumed at a novel every 2 days from 4th grade into my senior year in high school pretty much set me on the path I've chosen in life!!!

While I'd already had an interest in exoskeletons etc, it was not until reading stuff ch_1446 and others like him wrote on ATS that this stuff didn't have to be expensive, should definitely not be in only the hands of governments and the wealthy, and was far closer to being possible right there and then than i had ever feared/dared to believe/hope!?

His "killer kitty" concept that pop sci or pop mechanics very blatantly ripped off is the heart of the concept I'm working up to bring to market / make sure the masses have access to the information they need to at least make it a bloody, expensive, and extremely pyrrhic victory WHEN some miserable sod gives the order to send the killer kitties in to "restore order" and "eliminate the ring leaders!"

It's not a matter of IF this COULD HAPPEN...

It's a matter of hopefully people like me still have enough time to help even up the odds for you guys at least somewhat!!!

No: my current multiple sizes, specializations, and etc multipurpose platform I'm working up now isn't a cat based or cheetah etc based anthropomorphic system in case you wondered...

(I'm pretty sure there's companies, countries, and etc with every bit of the resources you'd need to mass produce a very close to full ch_1446 killer kitty with all the options and even most of the unnerving but extremely plausible control systems and computing resources / very advanced programming he envisioned! Even worse... While they wouldn't be as cheap as he was envisioning quite yet, it'll be at best less than 8 years before a killer kitty costs about the same per unit as an entry level honda civic!!!

Between 8 months and 4 years after that they will have dropped in cost to less than the elio 3 wheeled car and mid grade Japanese tier 1 manufacturer crf 250 dirt bikes per unit!

The future is on it's way, multiple very key disruptive technologies have already ramped up too far to be stopped or even slowed down much at all no matter what anyone does or says!

Because of all this, you could say i get passionate aggressive and utterly intolerant of anyone who isn't putting effort and thought into their posts on topics like this which will literally either make or break the future for multiple generations after this!

I apologize for that, but realize that this topic is no joke and things are about to get DEADLY SERIOUS and so high stakes that it makes Russian roulette look like lighthearted innocent fun!

None of us have any choice in the matter, a turning point is coming where we either stand up and fight for all we're worth or just give up now, bow our heads, and accept that our next 5 generations or more will live in terror, bondage, slavery, and not experience even a moment of freedom or liberty!

If we screw up or give up.... It'll be AT LEAST THAT LONG before another shot at fighting for and winning freedom or complete extermination again...

I personally am not giving up, and I've dedicated my entire life to doing everything within my abilities to stack the deck in our favor by discovering inventing creating designing developing and sharing a tool kit with which anyone can build their dreams, be self sufficient, and flat out living free!!

This includes doing everything i can to put the power to only be outgunned by those with the power if we CHOOSE TO LET THEM MAINTAIN A MONOPOLY ON CERTAIN KINDS OF FORCE AND THE TECHNOLOGY AND WEAPONS BY WHICH THEY APPLY THAT FORCE!!

Do i do anything illegal? ABSOLUTELY NOT

Is much of what I'm doing specifically aimed at giving the common man everything he needs to beat his plowshares into swords should that need arise?

OH HELL YES SIR TECHY WORSHIPS AT THE FIRST UNIFIED MINISTRY OF THE BOOM!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Bolo tanks!
iislands.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hammer's Slammers way cooler.... Incidentally I'm thinking he really saw something back in the day because of his power guns and a bunch of other things

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Cyan bolts.
Loved David Drakes stuff.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Love the powerguns electro/chem accelerated copper plasma.

You do know Drake teamed up with a former Darpa engineer to write a very good "what if" future mil tech book in the 80's.
It covered things like atomic nano drones and kinetic bombadment. I cant remember what other concepts they hit on though.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Yup... However power guns really really interest me partly because every single piece about the way he describes them ... It's a real weapon that can really be built I'll just kinda say that... Just like irridium would have definitely been involved if you were to build a hovertank during the era of his military service...

There's a bunch more really really eerie "coincidences" and "synchronicities" between his writing and classified development work as well as... Other stuff he obviously had run ins with back in his army days...

ESPECIALLY the way it's all packaged together!

It's taken me my whole life gathering clues and tidbits etc including puzzle pieces only in tbe last few months having come from behind the veil of secrecy around the black world... Keep in mind thid is stuff that was state of the art or whatever in the black world during THE VIETNAM WAR!

It's too bad he refuses to speak about whatever happened / he saw or whatever...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join