It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Our Future Wars Be Fought by Massive Military Robots?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Or as far as drones are concerned, the book Forever Free by Joe Haldeman (spiritual bridge between parts of Forever War by the same author.

Quite an interesting read, regarding possible future warfare via remote drones

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We've pretty much been dealing with it for decades with such examples as Anthrax and Lyme's Disease. I fail to see a difference between purposely spreading a bacteria to a human and spreading a corrosive agent to a robot.

its the consciousness aspects that will always differ... between robots and humans. With that thought in mind, who is to say that robots inability to process greed and envy will result in a takeover that puts humans on better and simpler paths to their own consciousness. Maybe the robots will replicate to dismantle the 1%?

One way or the other... measures should be in place to understand what can enable/disable the elements that cause balance in life.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Well Plum Island was apparently responsible for the rather a lot of the Lyme's disease doing the rounds.

My own nation has tested Anthrax on islands only a few miles distant.

Any true AI that we do develop will probobly have completely alien emotional response just down to the fact that it probobly wont be biological by nature.

One way or another if we can do a thing we generally do do that thing, consequence be dammed.

That being said we all know what curiosity done to the pussy.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i dont see giant mechss or robots ever having a place in modern warfare. size is a detriment in most cases when something that can fit in a backpack can destroy it.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Autonomous/semi autonomous drones that drop there own micro drones are probobly on the cards rather soon certainly where surveillance/assassination purposes are concerned.

Think DARPA and the like already have several prototypes in operation.
edit on 18-3-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

www.digitaltrends.com...

I just posted this in another thread too... with my belief that that they will carry pea sized nukes that take out buildings instead of cities.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that the government has toys beyond our wildest dreams already. In a serious scenario like ww3 or an alien invasion. Would they just disclose that tech and beat the enemy with it? There was the saying that the tech they present to us as brand new is already 20 years behind their real toys.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Autonomous/semi autonomous drones that drop there own micro drones are probobly on the cards rather soon certainly where surveillance/assassination purposes are concerned.

Think DARPA and the like already have several prototypes in operation.

yeah little drones are the future. if u watch videos of war games put out by military's around the world youll see drones flying everywhere. a drone with GPS and a laser range finder could do wonders for gps guided mortars.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Pea sized nukes are rather far fetched through critical mass/nuclear reaction process being a factor never mind the weight, plutonium/uranium being rather heavy.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

That article is pretty convincing that they are working on tiny nukes, with no fallout...

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 18-3-2017 by ttobban because: bad link

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The power and pressure requirements to initiate critical mass in uranium/plutonium bombs are rather high.

Don't see nuclear hard grenades/micro nukes being on the cards anytime soon.

They again what do i know, just speculation really maybe they have a new way of initiation the nuclear reaction that requires far less fissile material?

Clean nukes however or weapons that produce little or no fallout, those i think we can already do although the initial burst of radiation(beta/gamma) is apparently much more intense, think it depends on the jacket.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if they have been able to shrink the tech down. it was decades ago that they had the variable yield suitcase nukes. nowadays with modern explosives and tech, who knows.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Nowadays with modern explosive they don't even need to be nuclear.

Some of the thermobaric bombs we have now are nearly on par with the destructive force unleashed by low yield nuclear devices with none of the nasty size affect associated with nukes.

Dont know how scalable the technology is all the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It's amazingly hilarious how the completely uneducated and unwilling to learn throw out blatantly false and frankly hilarious blanket statements like the one your reply consisted of.

You should maybe pick up a book, do some Wikipedia reading, and some Google crawling before making frankly irritatingly ignorant and smug statements like this which prove nothing other than you pretty obviously lack any real knowledge about the "ak-47" nor do you have even the faintest idea about the subject of electromagnetic pulses, let alone how one would go about weaponizing one.

Also, you obviously don't know that there's been mil standards for EMP protection for several decades.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Holy crap,

After reading this thread all I can think to myself is "god I miss the old ATS"

This is pretty much an exact copy of a much older thread asking if mobile suits like exoskeletons are possible...

The difference being that said thread went for well over a dozen pages with a caliber of posts and posters the worst of which seem positively intelligent well researched and infinitely more thoughtful and thought provoking than anything in this thread.

I'm truly disappointed and a little disgusted.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

All I read there is finger pointing... which only yields results of seeing my back walk the other way. I might find value in your words of wisdom, but it all goes void when you feel the need to belittle another.

Good day to you...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yes they can survive EMP if kitted out properly..

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

Thing about this kinf of tech.. It who gains from it. Those that produce equipement on mass. The Chinesse.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

no - mecha are a silly idea - that only work in fiction [ where the entire premise is biased towards them ]

in the real world - you want small and numerous assets

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I would not disregard that... I just get the feeling that if robot technology advances to such degree that robots are acting in place of humans, that the magnetic technologies will escalate as well. New forms of magnetism are, in my opinion, going to relevant in the measures to combat robots... I do not feel it can operate off of current principles.

Thanks for the concept of even floor debating. The last comment I received on that premise was quite nasty... like an opinion of something that hasn't even had time to come to fruition is the result of all that's wrong with humanity... hahaha. I enjoy being wrong... it keeps my imagination in check. I am thankful and enjoy debates with those that understand to not promote divide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join