It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris Orly airport shooting: Attacker was 'radicalised Muslim''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Being known to French intelligence services didn't stop this guy from attempting his own personal Jihad.

The attacker said that he was there "to die for Allah" and dropped a bag on the floor containing a can of gasoline, according to prosecutors.

More than 230 people have died in France in the past two years at the hands of attackers allied to the militant Islamist group Islamic State.

Source

Paris prosecutor Francois Molins told a news conference on Saturday evening that at the airport, Belgacem yelled he wanted to die in the name of Allah and said “whatever happens, there will be deaths”.

Mr Molins said the attacker held an air pistol to a soldier’s head and used her as a shield. He apparently wanted to use her weapon to shoot people in the busy airport.

Contrary to earlier reports by French officials, Mr Molins said the attacker did wrench away her powerful military-grade assault rifle.

The soldier’s colleagues fired three bursts – eight rounds in all – when they killed him.

edit on 18-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Must have been an unvetting payoff somewhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

In China, PC BS do not fly with them:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ziyed Ben Belgacem was born in France and radicalized there, according to:
heavy.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Ziyed Ben Belgacem was born in France and radicalized there, according to:
heavy.com...

Didn't seem to adapt well to Western culture.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Time to face facts, there is a problem. But not all Muslims are bad! Yeah well enough are, this issue needs addressing, swift and thorough resolution. Why we make excuses for savagery is beyond my understanding.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Belgacem had a lengthy criminal history of violence, robbery and drug offences but was not on the “fiche S” list of terror threats, despite being investigated by the DGSI as a potential jihadi after indications of Islamist radicalisation emerged in 2015.

www.independent.co.uk... 6496.html

I really wonder why these terrorist almost always have a criminal background... Their whole life they didn't care about Islam and then all of the sudden they become hardcore 'muslims' in less than a year or two.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

No ticky, no washy

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

China knows how to deal with these scum.
Meanwhile the West watches it's own demise.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"It was Trumps Fault"
Tonight on MSNBC

-Chris

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thank goodness nobody besides that terrorist was killed.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69

Belgacem had a lengthy criminal history of violence, robbery and drug offences but was not on the “fiche S” list of terror threats, despite being investigated by the DGSI as a potential jihadi after indications of Islamist radicalisation emerged in 2015.

www.independent.co.uk... 6496.html

I really wonder why these terrorist almost always have a criminal background... Their whole life they didn't care about Islam and then all of the sudden they become hardcore 'muslims' in less than a year or two.

Naturally, and it's a good point.

The western prison system has become a perfect recruitment platform for radical islam, people have been talking about this for years.

They have quite an effective system, they can attract people with bribery and so quickly gain new members - so reluctant inmates often feel intimidated by their large numbers, and often if bribery isn't effective, violence and intimidation is. And it goes without saying that the sort of people you're going to recruit in prison are likely not to be very nice people...they get the people they need in prison - violent criminals. It's a perfect setup if you're looking to build a network of violent goons.

I ain't even gonna bother posting links or vids...anyone who's interested can simply google islam and prison system and you'll find information in abundance. Not just Europe, either, all over the world including the US. It's a problem that is going unchecked and getting worse.

I've seen and read more a bout it over the last few years, pretty sobering stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
 I can not imagine, for a second, why ANYONE would think letting these refugees into their country is a good idea.  They are not like most immigrants who go to a new place because they want to better their lives, they are running and when they settle somewhere they try to make that country into the exact same # hole they are running from.  What so few westerners understand is that Islam is first and foremost a governmental system that demands adherence to a paticular religion.  Why the left thinks we need to welcome them in with open arms is beyond any rational comprehension.  

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Deny ignorance, aka don't be an idiot.

The majority of these attacks like others have posted, have been done by people born in the Western world who were criminals.

Radicalized Westerners.

All I read is Muslim bad, refugee evil.

Get ya acts together, this is happening at home, people you may meet who speak your language... Maybe you could have even done something, who knows...

It isn't Sudanese or Iranians or Iraqis though.

Wake up!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Deny ignorance, aka don't be an idiot.

The majority of these attacks like others have posted, have been done by people born in the Western world who were criminals.

Radicalized Westerners.

All I read is Muslim bad, refugee evil.

Get ya acts together, this is happening at home, people you may meet who speak your language... Maybe you could have even done something, who knows...

It isn't Sudanese or Iranians or Iraqis though.

Wake up!

It's not all radicalized Westerners.

On 24 July 2016, fifteen people were injured, four seriously, in a suicide bombing outside a wine bar in Ansbach, Germany. The bomber, identified as Mohammad Daleel, was a 27-year-old Syrian refugee who had pledged allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of the Islamic State.

The incident followed three other attacks in Germany within a week, including a knife attack that killed a pregnant woman in Reutlingen earlier in the day,[7] a mass shooting that killed nine people in Munich several days earlier, and a train attack in Würzburg.[8] All of these were committed by people of Middle Eastern or Pashtun background, all of whom, save for the Munich shooter, were refugees or asylum seekers that recently came to Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I know.

That's not my point though is it. A good percentage of recent attacks, for instance in the US, could have been prevented by your own government.

Blaming all refugees for the actions of a handful is akin to me saying all Americans are guilty of the individual acts of criminality done by the small percentage of their population.

It's a bit silly.

Everyone wants someone to blame and the common posts in threads like this show that the most belligerent can't grasp the reality at hand.

Because ya know? Muhammad from Syria.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's not my point though is it. A good percentage of recent attacks, for instance in the US, could have been prevented by your own government.

How?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This was moved to this forum from the mud pit.

There's already a thread in this forum about the paris shooting.

Didn't intend to make a duplicate here.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

In China, PC BS do not fly with them:

Makes you wonder, then, why China contributed so much money to HRC's campaign during this last election.

Could it be that in doing so they believed they would be actively subverting the foreign policy of the west in order to render China an even stronger world power than it is in the current moment?

edit on 3/18/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This topic was posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join