It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the "strangest" idea or concept you have that most people have never even considered?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here's another I have explained to many people, and no one knew, and very few were not offended by the implication.

One really shouldn't neglect physical training; and I've trained harder in the past than most. It's been over a decade since I focused on training other than good hard work for money.

But, there is an even better and more effective way to maintain fitness and to improve many bodily functions: using your head.

Let me point out that some people that are intelligent have quit using their heads after some time - so, there is an extensive knowledge base, but, especially for those who focus on only one or two sets of information or mental skills, once a certain plateau has been reached, the mind is no longer worked.

Using one's head to determine patterns by increasing one's knowledge base in as many areas as possible, constantly forming new connections between each new set and each older set, reevaluating those connections constantly, and exercising the ability to make more and more accurate deductions, not only improves one's ability to learn a new set, concept, and skill, but also burns a lot more calories than lifting, running, and physical repetition. If it so happens that the new set, concept, or skill has a physically active nature, then that many more calories are burned.

It can sound mean to say to larger people, "If you use your brain more, that will help." There are larger chess players who are great that would not understand the meaning. The meaning rather is, "You'll become better at chess and improve your health if you take it upon yourself to replace your own transmission in your vehicle in your own backyard or a friend's shop. You'll form new connections, learn more about the mechanical nature of things, develop better problem solving skills, and develop a stronger grip - while also working parts of your body that you haven't before. And one you've done things like that a few times, then incorporate replacing your own roof. Then incorporate building your own shed. Then playing moderator for your friends during an argument. Then master beer pong. There are limitless possibilities for improvement... And doing all of it improves your mind which is in charge of your body."

Most people think to get a personal trainer. Nothing wrong with that until you learn proper posture and form. But the idea is that there is a plateau for everything you do. You must constantly form new connections and adapt in order for you to get healthier. 100 pushups everyday is good, but it's not nearly enough to truly improve someone's overall life experience and humility and to maintain these perpetually.

The only person I would suggest to never do major work on their own vehicle is a surgeon. They should not risk sacrificing the hands that save peoples' lives.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Your op is kind of nice and stimulating. Here is my contribution: the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue eyed giant....

In all seriousness, what you talk about is akin to something i found out recently and blew my mind. I used to refute the idea of global awakening, i mean how could that even happen in such a confused and divided world? Verbal languages aren't a blessing nor evolution, i know it is hard to believe but the more languages there is the more divided because of intrinsic limitations and bias, only telepathy is the universal language, n'en déplaise.

But if there was a trigger that all humans would experience and have to acknowledge as beyond their limited understanding and as irrefutable proof that they indeed are more than a sack of bones and water, with a higher purpose than materialism and hedonism and in an already perfect world, like i dunno, alien intervention, the Messiah, a new Avatar, or who knows a merging of the astral plane and the physical plane, then your wish would certainly come true but wait a moment, this is not what i wanna say:

I have one piece of the puzzle to bring out to those who want. Transcendence is already happening. It is THE singularity everyone is unconsciously waiting for, the beginning of a new cycle. For some reasons, separation always happens after a period of golden age that lasts for eons, as if after some times, the perfection of the world became tarnished as a body becomes old, resulting in unbelievers and separation from Nature-God. This is the end of the cycle just before it becomes reborn, as an immortal phoenix. This rebirth is the idea that is waiting to be born under the right circumstances and conditions: turmoil, separation, suffering, tensions. Because all these stem from negativity and are unnatural, they push more and more beings to their limits forcing them to seek more than what is apparent, creating a kind of tree of life pattern that grows and grows until it reaches maturity and results in a singularity, massive awakening.

But the best is yet to come, there seems to be other sentients beings on Earth like humans that were overly underestimated, they are the cetaceans. They are aware of what's going on and actively seek human contact not just because of curiosity but because in their highly spiritual state, they know of the issues humans are facing and wish to help with all they've got. As surprising and destabilizing it might be as it was for me, after looking around on the internet i found out some interesting pieces that once connected together left no place to doubt: Dolphins and Whales not only are sentient and highly spiritual, they love humans because they recognize the similarities between the two species, both are self conscious godlike beings that can manifest by their willpower, and have infinite potential for creativity. Humans have hands, dolphins have sounds. And they seek collaboration, hence why you see them swimming with people and showing off as much as they can. They don't hold grudges and consider humans as their kins. Being from the oceans and deeply connected to the Earth, their perception exceeds those of humans and their evolution focused more on symbiosis with all that is, to say oneness, they are very aware of the potential of the moment. Seek them with an open heart if you are even barely curious about this, it might be life changing.

That's it, enough to digest for today.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Biophotons.... are the physical mechanism by which all psychic phenomena, extra sensory perception, faith healing, and prophetic visions propagate. Biophotons are emitted and received by every living cell that contains a nucleus.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My dreams are filled with faces I don't know, places i don't recognize, situations I've never experience nor want to.
I just think to myself that maybe I'm dreaming about my parallel self in another parallel dimension/universe.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is in response to Blarney. ATS reply to poster function failed me again:

I actually like that idea. That may even be the truth.
edit on 3/21/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What I find fascinating is that the blueprints for life were included in the Big Bang. If our current theory is correct about how the Universe was formed into existence, the blueprints for life were absolutely immune to the mind bending physical forces and conditions demonstrated during the initial phases of the expansion. When you grasp that temperatures during the early expansion period were so hot that even protons and neutrons could not form, and yet life exists today, it is a fascinating enigma to contemplate.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
This is in response to Blarney. ATS reply to poster function failed me again:

I actually like that idea. That may even be the truth.

Thanks... It get's really interesting when reading passages from the New Testament or other ancient theologies... interpreting all references to "light" to mean bio-photon light.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's my weird ufo/ ancient aliens lore thought. What if this world was once an outpost inhabited by an advanced race and they left a repository of knowledge. The knowledge of the universe. Everything that has been done before on another world will eventually happen on this world. Notice how people have the same ideas at the same time, but someone acts on it and someone doesn't.(free will) Where would they put this repository? In the most inaccessible place on Earth. Antarctica. So they sink this ship or repository under Antarctica and it floods the Earth. Now they put up a satellite (the Dark Knight) for example to relay the knowledge to Earthlings. But at first the only ones with access are the ones in power with a device(s) the receivers may have been specially constructed. Arks or helmets, staffs for example. Wherever the devices resided throughout time there were would be architectural and societal growths as people learned to access the knowledge. Then throughout the millenniums it would be needed to expand the network giving individuals the right to access the knowledge without the use of the few receivers. They would create a human that through genetic changes could access the knowledge freely on their own without a device or having to be in the proximity of the smaller ranged devices. These new humans would just happen to have the genetic dna turned on at birth. These would be the very few gifted like Tesla, and other prodigies. This could also be done with implants in humans to increase their receiving signal to the satellite transmitting the knowledge. So what's the governments are TPTB to do if everyone has access to this knowledge left behind by the ancient star travelers. Break the signal to maintain control. By introducing chemicals and drugs into the food and water supplies to ensure that the links are broken. The ancients would leave a small drone battalion to oversee the world while they were away. Under Antarctica, (their base) they would send out craft (saucers) and occupants to implant humans to progress their agenda, protect the world and increase the availability of the knowledge of the universe that was left for all mankind. What if the repository of knowledge was also the repository of an allotted amount of souls to this world.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's piqued, not peaked , fyi. Sincerely, Grammer Goebbles.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What I find unusual, is that nothing totally dramatic has taken place capable of opening everyone's eyes all over the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fockewulf190

At the time the bible was written the Mathematikoi of Pythagoras's society probably had some input, Sir Isaac Newton thought so. Perhaps they knew much more than most of us do today about physics?

That might explain the "flowers on the beach" which I consider a strange connection..
edit on 21-3-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
What I find unusual, is that nothing totally dramatic has taken place capable of opening everyone's eyes all over the world.

Agree, I can imagine many different scenarios, sinister and awesome in which everyone has still a few blissfully ignorant days-decades ahead. Or tomorrow
Boom!
Mind Funked Party

But the really big question is why is nothing happening? We're waiting and ready since the 70s... Not me because I wasn't born then but you know the masses.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
One of mine is that a lot of our "big issues/truth" about the world may not be "issues/truth" at all. Meaning we can get pics/facts online and read books to educate ourselves and to back things up and yes it makes logical since sometimes but honestly we have never truly been there or experienced any of it ourselves.

Example 1: Basically anything about history. Do you really think this is the first time humans have been this technologically advanced. Or that Alexander the Great really did what we were taught he did. Maybe these are true or maybe not. But I do know for sure that you or I were not there and that very close to none of us have ever felt and translated the records ourselves.

Example 2: (I am not trying to be political with this it's just simply true) Antarctica is melting, right? Well have you been to Antarctica? I haven't. Have you been to Antarctica more than once in say a 20 year span to notice the differences. If not then how can you honestly say it's melting?
edit on 3-22-2017 by ABissell because: Fixed some typos

edit on 3-22-2017 by ABissell because: fixed typo

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

nice idea !

like the midichlorines

or the DAO from daoist belief

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Blarneystoner

nice idea !

like the midichlorines

or the DAO from daoist belief

Agreed... or Chi energy. (Ki, Qi or Prana)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

My first one:
That life is like Groundhog Day, that "the tunnel" is our minds resetting themselves to the moment of conception, and that deja vu is the echoes of the last time we went through our same, identical life.

My second:
That the universe is the setting of a great battle against increasing systemic entropy, waged by life itself, the only force with the power to naturally backwards against the forces of ever-increasing universal self-destruction and decay.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have some ideas about evolution as well... I think that DNA is "programmed" to Terraform any planet that is capable of sustaining life; meaning that the planet is in the "Goldilocks" zone and has liquid water on it's surface.

Consider early life on planet Earth. Stromatolite fossils have been found dating back as far as 3.5 billion years old and are the earliest form of life on the planet. Stromatolites are composed of single celled organisms; cyanobacteria that lived in colonies in the ancient oceans. When these cyanobacteria first appeared, the earth was covered in water but there was very little oxygen in the atmosphere and the oceans. The oceans were saturated with dissolved Iron and the atmosphere was composed mainly of hydrogen (H2), water vapor, methane (CH4) , and carbon oxides (CO2). Stromatolites utilized photosynthesis for respiration by taking in the CO2 from the atmosphere and "exhaling" Oxygen. Those little single celled organisms are responsible for the bulk of the free oxygen in the atmosphere and the oceans which created a suitable environment for multi-cellular organisms to emerge.

edit on 22-3-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I would say carbon dating is not as accurate as it seems.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My 30 second input: That we are living cells within God..........(and within OUR bodies are living, conscious cells....and within their bodies.....you get the picture........)

other than that.....the VR idea is a good one.......after we "die" we take off our VR gear and say, "WOW! What a RIDE!!!!" Wanna play again? Let's switch roles this time, Dude!

fun to think about........

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
If there is a God, does God laugh?

All the time. I bet he does his fair share of crying too. Or a version of it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join