It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the "strangest" idea or concept you have that most people have never even considered?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn’t. - Emerson M. Pugh

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Trippy Thoughts..

A few people have alluded to something about the past, present and future..

How about this one.

No matter whether you believe in the big bang theory or in an eternal recurrence, either way, we're still in the middle of an eternity sandwich.

But if quantum theory is accurate, that there is no way to separate or to isolate the observer from the observed, then the sheer fact of our own existence (I think and feel, therefore I am), implies in no uncertain terms that at some level, we were always "here" or somewhere, since there is nothing that is not and because we're already a part of it, now. There is no escape.

What is death? What is birth? What is life?

Many would ague otherwise, of course, that we're just a bag of skin and bones, who came from nothing and nowhere and into nowhere and nothing we shall go whereby our material physicality alone defines us, as animals, nothing more nothing less, just "things" functioning according to a series of algorithms and reactions and responses in a universe of things, of this and that, here and there, and then you die.

But what if it can be proven otherwise, say by superdeterminism, that our present moment experience can only have arisen not by chance or mere circumstance, but out of an original intent arising in eternity...even from the POV of a final state, as if made from the future, from the Absolute, while pretending not to know the outcome if only so that a shared experience, with freedom (some freedom), might be possible as an expression of the Absolute's desire or intent, to share, without reservation, by making the experience possible in the first/last place?

"Therefore, do not be afraid nor let your hearts be troubled, little ones, for it pleased our father in heaven to share his eternal kingdom of light and love with all his children." (paraphrased) LOL

Once something has happened, it cannot have happened any other way than the way it happened, and yet, before the choice or the judgement or the measurement or observation is made, there is nothing to distinguish which is capable of setting ourselves apart from the whole of it all, even from beginning to end. Nothing. It's absurd to think otherwise since those are all arbitrary distinctions, more often than not as I pointed out in the OP, as a way of defending or somehow protecting ourselves from the truth, by imprisoning ourselves in a purely subjective isolation chamber, as if that will keep us safe from the grand realization.

Is there a truth that sets us free, and if so, what is that truth if it isn't something about our own selves and our true place within the larger context of what amounts to an interdependent and interpenetrating cosmological unity that there's just no escaping or getting around?

Is there an intentionality of fate in the life of a person as a cosmic inhabitant, even by anticipation from a first/last cause out of time and space?

Can you imagine?!

"Oh what is man that thou art mindful of him?"

The Superdeterministic Cosmological You.

If design properties can be discovered to exist in the present configuration, whether of the Earth-Moon-Sun and planetary and interstellar and galactic configuration, or to our DNA and physical makeup, and on to our own conscious experience, then it's entirely conceivable that this world did not come about or arise as some sort of capricious addition from nothing, but instead, as an intelligent and intentional subtraction from, the absolute formless potential in order so that this experience can be made possible, by intent and with anticipation, from the very moment of creation, or of recreation whatever the case may be.

We may be steeped in it, in other words, in ways that we cannot escape, either physically, or in the context of time and history. It's uncomfortable, even scary, until it isn't anymore..

Within this context or paradigm, maybe death has no meaning, no sting as it were.. I'm already dead and alive again where the part that really lives never dies, and that's funny!

But what would this mean, or imply, this deathless life?

Oh to laugh in the face of death, having already had a taste for the eternal..

Maybe the whole universe is a type of learning and self-awareness generating simulation of sorts (run out of a single photon of light?).

Hear me out on this..

If mind and consciousness is the basic of the world or what has been called a monistic idealism (as opposed to a materialist monism where matter alone is primary and consciousness just an epiphenomenon of matter), then what would an infinite intelligence (II) or unknown Creative Agency (CA) do but run an infinite series of possibilities and calculations until it arrived with intent and by anticipation from beyond time and space, with this present moment experience, as an intentional subtraction or reduction of the Absolute Formless potential?

I feel that this implies a reverse arrow of time from a projected end-time of absolute perfection, in order to prevent everything from happening all at once. The one real simulation, after every other one that did not produce this reality as the ideal or optimal one, was exhausted, out of eternity, and an infinite series of possibilities and dead ends. If this isn't infinite intelligence, I don't know what is, whether you believe in "God" or not.

In this context, our own life and the world that we live in, and who and what we are and how we shall relate to others can be seen and felt in a whole new light.

I believe that there is a place in the heart, and in the soul, were we already know the truth that sets us free, even free from the sting of death, and yeah, it would make us cry and laugh out loud if we were to really get it and understand it and fully appreciate it's farthest reaching implications and significance, that indeed while we may be evolved animals on the one hand, on the other we are nothing less than children of a loving, kind and generous God, as a part of, and as the apple in his eye.

When the essential idea and epiphany comes, it will be one to which we'll think when we think it - who woulda thunk it?!

It will take us by surprise and, If I'm not mistaken, if will fill us with glee and cause the inner child within to be recovered and to giggle and laugh again while unfurrowing your brow with a sigh, the mad panic of the egoic self, assuaged and consoled at long last. It's like the warm and welcoming "hug" offered the prodigal son even in spite of himself (although after coming to his senses) when the best he'd hoped for was a scolding and the job of a lowly servant (with food enough not to starve to death).

Acceptance and reintegration.

Child of God, you are.

Know it, and in so knowing know the truth that sets you free, and what is knowledge after all if not the knowledge of personal experience?

"And as my father first sent me, even so send I, you."
~ Jesus

edit on 19-3-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
God is our condition.

It's both inerrant and transcendent.

It's the humor of true understanding.

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not achieved by reasoning.

But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.

~ G.K. Chesterton

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When we die, there will be a short interim periode of indeterminable length... by this world's standarts maybe a half hour or so, where we "awaken"..... open our eyes, look around, see the other cafe guests sitting around us with their VR helmet on.
We take off our own helmet and the first words that come our of our mouth will amount to something similars as: "#.... that was wild!" Then we look at the watch sitting next to our chair and realise that all this took place over the course of 2 hours. Then we go home to our family...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Where does belly button lint actually come from?

I know, strange. Right?
edit on 3/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Creation ideas in general that aren't dogma.

I'd rather know for sure that we're food for vampires that originally made us in a test tube than hear one more time about how amazing God is and if I've discovered him yet, and if I want to have a Bible sleepover and quote verses to each other like religious twinzies.

Jesus Christ is like the most popular person on the planet.
preaching, you've made it to super-sayan God level. Yes, people have heard have him, are you seriously this delusional?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

John Lennon might disagree.

But then, he's dead.

Oh, wait...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Volcanoes created the 🌙

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
That in WWII the Nazi's had a huge competitive advantage by utilizing DUMBs and our military most likely followed suit to avoid being out maneuvered again.

It follows that a whole community still lives underground as slaves to produce military technology with no knowledge of the outside world.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

No.
It is the Eloi, the surface dwellers, who are slaves to the Morlocks.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Two tables next to each other
tablecloth covers them both with a gap between creating the cloth to dip
we can only measure the cloth but as it continues to get more dip in the middle our measurements see that the distance is getting greater but the objects stay in the same spot on the tables
so are we measuring space time and the objects aint moving

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

edit on 3/19/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

What do you think you know that most other people if not the rest of us, do not know or might not have previously considered?

After reading the Title of this OP I was going to come on and tell you all about how, when I was young and in my pre-teen years I was pretty convinced I was the only human and everyone else were robots and I was in some kind of test but you were meaning knowledge as opposed to just stuff you have ideas about.

I have always been good at match making between friends and am the kind of guy that friends turn to when they need advice (despite being useless at chatting women up myself and not being particularly sucesful in the game of life). Through the dispensing of my advice I came to a realisation that seems fairly obvious to me but when I passed it on to friends they hadn't heard or thought of it before. The dynamic betwen two people, especially of those in a relationship, can fundamentally change the kind of person you are. Take, for example, someone incredibly laid back, very amicable, non-violent and put them in the right conditions (I.E the wrong relationship) and watch as they become stressed and prone to outbursts of anger and/or violence. Of course the same can be true of the opposite. Take someone with anger issues, prone to lifting his hands, put him in the right relationship and he can become like putty in the hands of his O/H and he or she can bring out the best in them (sadly that kind of paring rarely happens)

I'm not sure if I'm excplaining myself concisely enough but this is a truth I came to through my experience of life...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.
It is the Eloi, the surface dwellers, who are slaves to the Morlocks.

And the Morlocks were minions of the head Nosferatu looking guy. Or was that just the remake?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Someone remade the novel?

You know it's a novel, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Who H.G. Wells right?

Didn't read it. Saw both movies though.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

The book is better. And it hasn't been "remade."

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

a reply to: MacK80

John Lennon might disagree.

But then, he's dead.

Oh, wait...

The Brothers Gallagher, more famously known as whiney indie crooners Oasis would also disagre...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

The book is better. And it hasn't been "remade."

The book is always better.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

My bad, incredibly world famous person.

When's the last time you've even had to add "Christ"

Jesus? Jesus who? Oh Christ, right. Ya, I know him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join