It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian buyers paid nearly 100 million to Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They paid TO Trump. Whether Trump RECEIVED it, that's another story.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: lostbook

He's not lifting sanctions to Russia until they pull out of the Ukraine and Crimea.

During an unusual private meeting on the sidelines of Thursday’s National Prayer Breakfast, President Donald Trump promised a Ukrainian opposition leader that the United States won’t lift sanctions on Russia until it pulls out of Ukraine, according to three people briefed on the meeting.

Within hours of meeting with both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence at the prayer breakfast, former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko relayed the contents of the meeting to separate audiences at the Heritage Foundation and the Hudson Institute, according to people who attended the off-the-record events at the conservative think tanks.

www.politico.com...

I feel like I am constantly correcting goldfish. One swim around the tank and they forgot last months news.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way but you couldn't be any farther from reality. I already said that Trump seems to have changed his tone earlier in this very thread. Why take things so personal when it comes to Trump?

Not taking anything personally and I don't think he's really changed his tone on the Ukraine/Russia situation. Can you show me where he changed his tone on Ukraine and Crimea?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

If he had loans, the bulk of the money would have gone directly to the mortgage holders.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: allsee4eye

If he had loans, the bulk of the money would have gone directly to the mortgage holders.

From the original Reuters story (www.reuters.com...)

In 2008, when the housing market crashed, buyers defaulted on 900 Trump apartments, according to Dezer. Dezer said he worked hard over the coming years to pay back creditors. Until those 900 apartments were sold off, Trump did not earn any money for them, he added.

Foreign buyers bought into the Trump buildings as the developers dropped their prices after the crash, according to Dezer and local realtors. The majority of these buyers were from South America, with a smaller percentage of Russians and other former Soviet nationals.

By early 2011, the Trump buildings had started to turn a profit, according to Dezer. He invited Trump to a mortgage burning ceremony to celebrate Dezer’s paying off the project’s $475 million dollar mortgage. Dezer recalled Trump telling him that he planned to run for president.
At the party, Dezer, his father and Trump gleefully set flame to a stack of mortgage documents, applauded by a crowd of tenants from the Trump buildings and local business people. A video of the event shows Trump smiling, joking and working the crowd.

But of course that was stuck at the very end of the story....

What I found interesting was this:

Six of the seven properties were the product of an agreement the New York property magnate struck in 2001 with father-and-son American developers Michael and Gil Dezer. The six buildings operated by the Dezers in Sunny Isles would bear Trump’s name under a licensing agreement.

In an interview, Gil Dezer said the project generated $2 billion in initial sales, from which Trump took a commission. Dezer declined to say how large a commission, citing confidentiality agreements. Garten, the Trump Organization’s chief legal officer, said Trump’s income was a mix of flat fees and percentages but declined to disclose them.

So all of this information is based on speculation of what he might have made on these deals. I don't know Florida that well but around here licensing fees and commissions on real estate run more in the 7-9% range so if this is true (that he took only 1-4%) sounds like he was giving them a real deal to help them move the property. Guess he knows that a sold property is better for everyone than one sitting empty. Sell the properties, pay off the mortgage, the city, county and state get large tax revenues, local folks get jobs working for the new tenants and the developers turn a nice profit. Looks like the only ones who would be sad over this would be the banksters 'cause they hate it when people can actually pay back loans.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join