It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian buyers paid nearly 100 million to Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
According to private investigators, 63 Russian citizens not connected with the Russian government spent a total of 98.4 million to buy real estate property in 7 Trump towers across America over the years. This is why Donald Trump told David Letterman in 2013 he does a lot of business with Russians.

link

edit on 18-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yep, this is exactly what he meant about Russian deals. He's not a shady oil barron, he's a real estate manager and now a president. The shady oil industry is why he hired Rex.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Putin killed two birds with one stone: he doesn't like Hillary and he needs a way to boost Russia's oil production. Helping Trump win so that Trump could lift the sanctions against drilling in the Arctic solves both issues. Trump seems to have changed his tone on lifting sanctions so we'll see where this all goes.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Yep, this is exactly what he meant about Russian deals. He's not a shady oil barron, he's a real estate manager and now a president. The shady oil industry is why he hired Rex.

Yes, Trump and his partners stands to make a lot of money. He hired those people for a reason.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Trump never said he'll lift sanctions. There is no sanction against big American corporations doing business in Russia. Exxon is drilling in Russia as usual. Boeing is selling in Russia as usual.

corporate.exxonmobil.com...

www.reuters.com...
edit on 18-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
According to private investigators, 63 Russian citizens not connected with the Russian government spent a total of 98.4 million to buy real estate property in 7 Trump towers across America over the years.

Your link

Edgardo Defortuna, a leading Miami developer, estimated Mr Trump is likely to have made between one per cent and four per cent in initial sale commissions, based on rewards from similar projects.

What a loser. He only made between $984K to $3.94M on $98M in sales.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Trump's right.

He has no interests in Russia.

But Russian investors have plenty interests in the U.S. markets.

Green money is Green regardless of who counterfeits it.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

It's the "chip & whittle" strategy.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Trump never said he'll lift sanctions. There is no sanction against big American corporations doing business in Russia. Exxon is drilling in Russia as usual. Boeing is selling in Russia as usual.

corporate.exxonmobil.com...

www.reuters.com...

He said he was open to it.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Someone wants to buy your property above market value. What do you say? Probably yes it's money and a sale.

Someone who's Russian wants to buy your property above market value. What do you say? No. Your American money is no good here.

Seriously left? Lol pretty sure that's discrimination. Y'all should know better than that.

Edit to OPs comment to point out the discrimination based on country of origin. Insert any country or group of people's you like. I think the point is pretty clear.

"According to private investigators, 63 British citizens not connected with the British government spent a total of 98.4 million to buy real estate property in 7 Trump towers across America over the years. This is why Donald Trump told David Letterman in 2013 he does a lot of business with the British. "

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

He's not lifting sanctions to Russia until they pull out of the Ukraine and Crimea.

During an unusual private meeting on the sidelines of Thursday’s National Prayer Breakfast, President Donald Trump promised a Ukrainian opposition leader that the United States won’t lift sanctions on Russia until it pulls out of Ukraine, according to three people briefed on the meeting.

Within hours of meeting with both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence at the prayer breakfast, former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko relayed the contents of the meeting to separate audiences at the Heritage Foundation and the Hudson Institute, according to people who attended the off-the-record events at the conservative think tanks.

www.politico.com...

I feel like I am constantly correcting goldfish. One swim around the tank and they forgot last months news.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't think those Russian Investors can bring America to it's knees like their Chinese counterparts can.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's the "chip & whittle" strategy.

Still waiting for the OP thread topic correction to properly reflect the amount of the commission, since "Trump" did not receive, "nearly 100 million".

But, what's ATS anymore if not a place for fanciful click bait threads riddled with a fake narratives endorsing personal biases.

RIP critical thinking skills.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

He's not lifting sanctions to Russia until they pull out of the Ukraine and Crimea.

During an unusual private meeting on the sidelines of Thursday’s National Prayer Breakfast, President Donald Trump promised a Ukrainian opposition leader that the United States won’t lift sanctions on Russia until it pulls out of Ukraine, according to three people briefed on the meeting.

Within hours of meeting with both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence at the prayer breakfast, former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko relayed the contents of the meeting to separate audiences at the Heritage Foundation and the Hudson Institute, according to people who attended the off-the-record events at the conservative think tanks.

www.politico.com...

I feel like I am constantly correcting goldfish. One swim around the tank and they forgot last months news.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way but you couldn't be any farther from reality. I already said that Trump seems to have changed his tone earlier in this very thread. Why take things so personal when it comes to Trump?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Yes, America stands to make a lot of money. He hired those people for a reason.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There does seem to be a problem with the title.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am struggling to understand why selling real estate to foreign buyers is in any way interesting.
Sounds like he sold 63 properties to Russian citizens.
What is the problem exactly?
edit on 18/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Because they're Russian! Didn't you know they're all out to kill us?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Oh dear, this changes everything! Of course he is corrupt if he sold property in the US to Russians! My goodness, the last thing we need is Russians buying huge properties and paying huge tax rates in Florida. Especially at a time when our property values had plummeted due to the ineptitude of Bush, Clinton and Bush. My goodness NO! Think of it, those sneaky Russians coming over to drive our property values up by handing over cash to the US economy. Next thing you know they'll be spending money on food and hiring people to cook it for them and to clean up afterwards. No. No. No. We don't want any wealthy people coming here and injecting money into our economy! We want only poor, desperate unskilled folk that we can provide with the best of all possible worlds.
What a horrible thought---that Russians added such piles of cash to the Florida economy. Buying property---buying furniture for the property---hiring decorators to spruce up the property---hiring housekeepers and cooks and drivers and who knows what else. IT IS SHAMEFUL I TELL YOU!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

That is the best post I've read in eons. Nobody can argue with the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join