It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, All of These Problems Are Your Own Damn Fault!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: ketsuko

It could be argued that Germany was setup for WWII and they were the pawns of that era just like we are the pawns of today. Just like WWI, it was all about a select group of people making a massive fortune on the chaos.

Do you think we have become to coddled as a populace? How would you reinstate self reliability and self accountability? Should we mimic nature more?

Once upon a time, it was understood clearly what the government was empowered to do and what it wasn't. The rest was left to the people and the states.

Then, that document became "living and breathing" so that it could be distorted to mean whatever it was convenient for it to mean rather than what it plainly states it means. At that point, the law shifted to being built upon sand instead of upon rock.

What? How dare you criticize us!
What do you want us to be Commies or something?
edit on 3/18/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
The thing is, you never know what the alternative world could be like. Maybe if the US hadn't done all those things, we would be living through something much worse than we are today. You just don't know. I certainly don't agree with everything US politicians have done, but to blame the US for all the world's problems is nothing more than propaganda. The world had massive problems before the US, and it will have massive problems after the US is destroyed.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't blame the US for "All the World's Problems" either.
I'm glad I didn't do that in my OP.

Maybe you should read it sometime?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Irishhaf

eta: or I could be partaking a bit to much in the water of life...
Nah, you sound right on the money to me. I actually think the OP is basically saying the same thing. We have capitulated our involvement/voice through complacency.

Carry on with the life-giving water and cheers, this topic calls for a shot o' something!

your possibly right, but the OP made some leaps in logic that do not make sense to me...

Korea... was a UN action... not a US unilateral action...

Cuba.. we interfered yup... then we had a president say enough no more let the chips fall.. so is it our fault because we interfered or because we stopped.

Middle east... 95% of the trouble in the ME goes back to the European powers splitting up the ottoman empire forcing groups that hate each other to live under the same roof.

Afghanistan got turned into a stain because of the soviet union not because of us, they were going to fight them no matter what... now if you want to say we are at fault for not helping them rebuild.. I agree... but arming the mujaheddin in the 1980s did not cause AQ... the remnants of the mujaheddin fought with us in the northern alliance, most of those leaders fell to assassination. The lack of education in that area is what caused the rise of AQ, coupled with non-stop war since the Soviet invasion.

His premise may have been similar to mine, but his presentation showed either a lack of historical knowledge or a willful disregard of it to try and be edgy.

we jump on the folks who use hyperbole on a regular basis here, and his OP was chalk full of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Comes off more like arm chair quarter backing to me.

I get what he is saying. I just think it is misplaced anger...frustration

How is saying that the MSM purposely distracts everyone from the real roots of our problems misplaced?

Read the first few lines of the OP again, I was being sarcastic about how the MSM wants me to care about the Russians influencing our election (which is bogus to begin with) yet all America does is influence elections, start wars, topple govts, manipulate economies, etc etc.

How is it misplaced??

I'm a damn good QB.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I dare you to go read the OP again, slowly.
Read all of it word for word.

It's the brilliant gleaming shining Truth.
I reread it. It looks rock solid.

I did read it all the first time but just to be sure, I just read it word-for-word again. I have to say, your title sets the tone. It immediately framed my interpretation of your intent. Then there were some statements that are very subjective and a few inaccuracies.

The statement - "For decades the USA has exerted undue influence over virtually every election in every nation on Earth! ". Do you really think that? That's a lot of nations and you're making a very broad conclusion. You say "undue influence" as if it's the only kind of involvement we engage in. Maybe there are cases where our influence was in a nation's favor to prevent a dictator from abusing his power.

Then there's this: "Cuba is the result of our horrible policies in governing Cuba after we took it from Spain in the Spanish-American War, that's exactly why the Castros and Guevara had a Communist Revolution!". We took it from Spain, yes and we ruled it for about 4 years. After that (1904'ish), Cuba won it's independence. Then the dictatorships took over. Maybe we should have set it up like Puerto Rico. We could have prevented Batista and the Castros.

Korea - would you prefer a single Korea in the style of today's north? We didn't win the Korean war but at least the south survived and it, and its people, are thriving.

Terrorism - you'd rather destroy the Israelis and give the land back to Palestine? Every administration in my lifetime has tried to make peace happen there to no avail. Blame Iran policy, not the US. Afghanistan - you'd rather they had became a Soviet state?

Central and South America - drugs, yup, big problem but the it isn't what's causing Mexican citizens cross the border. It's poor living conditions and incompetent and/or corrupt governments. By the way, there are some shining examples of really great places to live in Latin America such as Chile. The point being it's up to a nation to become prosperous.

Native Americans - truly sad but I blame that on the mentality of the day in the 1700 and 1800's and not on modern political policy. Look at Europe over the centuries up to the time of Columbus and you'll see civility had a whole different standard.

edit on 3-18-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The US was the main power that stopped NK from taking over SK. We also were the primary funder of the UN and the only major power that survived WW2 without any real damage to our cities. We, the USA, held NK and China back and still do to this day.

Cuba : We were in control of that territory and somehow most of the people there started hating us, enough to have a Communist revolution. Can't we accept responsibility that we could have done better, a lot better?

The ME issues largely stem from both Israel and US intervention in the region.
Had we left them to their own devices it would be a totally different story, for better or worse.
But at least it wouldn't be our responsibility.

Afghanistan would have been overrun if it wasn't for us deciding to put up a fight and arm them with modern weaponry. Who's in Afghani dying for that decision now? Oh, we are? Hmmm.

My presentation didn't show a lack of historical knowledge. It showed a willingness to face the Facts.
We create our own problems! The premise of this thread is sound.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

How is saying that the MSM purposely distracts everyone from the real roots of our problems misplaced?

Read the first few lines of the OP again, I was being sarcastic about how the MSM wants me to care about the Russians influencing our election (which is bogus to begin with) yet all America does is influence elections, start wars, topple govts, manipulate economies, etc etc.

How is it misplaced??

I'm a damn good QB.

How?

" all America does is influence elections, start wars, topple govts, manipulate economies, etc etc."

Just America huh?

I guess that is good then.

Because if we didnt, someone else would.

"I'm a damn good QB."

I guess Ill take your word on that.
Since I dont know.

Armchair quarterbackin though....not so much.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I have to make a good title to grab your attention, it's Journalism 101.
Otherwise you wouldn't be here arguing would you?
If I want to make a point, I gotta make sure it's heard.

When you said:

We took it from Spain, yes and we ruled it for about 4 years. After that (1904'ish), Cuba won it's independence. Then the dictatorships took over. Maybe we should have set it up like Puerto Rico. We could have prevented Batista and the Castros.

I agreed, but need to add that the Castros blamed the US for puppeting their government. They blamed us and our policies when they revolted. Maybe it should have become a State like Hawaii? Who knows. But the mess we created surely couldn't have been the best possible outcome.

The Korean people ought to be unified since most of them naturally desire that. The style their government would take shape into is purely up to them and not our business in the end. Why can't we respect that? Being involved in civil wars is bad news.

No I certainly don't want to destroy Israel. They are doing far better than people think or admit. But our push (with other allies) to create Israel could have been achieved better, if we "had to create it". So many wars came about because we influenced that one in all the wrong ways, creating a militant environment.

The drug problem is purely the result of our making it illegal. If it were legal and regulated heavily the illicit activites and murder rates would fall drastically. It wouldn't fix everything, but it sure would knock the cartels outta business and give those nations breathing room to focus on cleaning up and building respectable nations.

Native Americans are still sidelined to this day. I'm one of the only people here that continually pushes for them to be given a seat at the table of our national politic. Don't blame the past (then blow it off as a non-issue) when we can make good decisions now to fix it.

I'll be back later I gotta run.

Thanks for arguing the points though.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

How is it misplaced??

I'm a damn good QB.

How?

" all America does is influence elections, start wars, topple govts, manipulate economies, etc etc."

Just America huh?

"I'm a damn good QB."

Since I dont know.

You missed the whole point.
It does NOT MATTER what others might do.
It matters what WE DO.

We, as the "leaders of the world" could handle all of this WAY BETTER.
We don't have to be deceitful warmongers and killers to achieve a better world.
We are so dominant and everyone else looks to us to see the direction that the world will go.

We should be teaching them the Right things.
Not all of this Evil.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't offer this into evidence exactly, but there's certainly a moral here. I found it highly entertaining and informative in many ways. Sad, too, of course. This just might be an American Beauty-type look into our own geo-political psyche---the American Dream as it were. Or what we let it become.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
We have to go back a little further than America to see where this all started. Back, way before pre-Columbus days.

Most Americans came here from someplace else and few came bearing gifts and asking to share.

People do what they have learned works. Divide, destroy, rape, and take, has worked since man has walked this Earth. We won't learn to do something new until stop doing the same old things.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
and after this post.. about 1,000 more Americans are fighting over which side to take.. left or right.

it's sad we support a counry of hypocrisy.

like a song once said..

"inspired by insufficiency, interrogation, and hypocrisy. In a world full of lies, heros never live, legends never die."

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

"My personal conjecture is that Russian intelligence would have been smart enough to have recorded the meeting.. Making trump their puppet... because if he screws with them, they drop the tape , he goes to prison and putin looks like a super stud for having played the Americans like a fiddle. That is conjecture.. there is no direct evidence for it, but seems like a likely thing."

See this is where your narrative loses credibility. The MSM launched a campaign to destroy Trump, but there is no wrong doing, the MSM has pushed this narrative and created the impression through speculation and innuendo that something illegal took place....and you wish to believe the narrative.

Just be honest, if the MSM had applied the same standard to Hillary and looked under every rock to try and derail her it would have been prison for Hillary. Trump and his chosen cabinet have not committed any crime and until there is evidence of a crime it is nothing more than a concerted effort by media to dictate how the President's administration and tenure is perceived. I deal in fact not supposition and conjecture, save your breath.

edit on 18-3-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

what a lot of people have failed to realize... and Bill Mahr of all people has spoken about this... the entire world does not envision peace and liberty the way America does... and we need to stop a one size fits all approach.

Afghanistan would never have been fully conquered, even if we did not intervene... its a country that has been refereed to as the place where empires go to die.

And no our arming the mujaheddin had nothing to do with AQ, our not going in to help rebuild it after the soviets pulled out is what caused the current problems in their... if you are going to lay blame at least cite the right cause.

US intervention in the ME is a symptom of the problem not the root cause, lack of education is a much bigger cause of the problems than us mucking up the politics..

Personally I wish we would return to isolationist attitude... but thats me.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

How is it misplaced??

I'm a damn good QB.

How?

Just America huh?

"I'm a damn good QB."

Since I dont know.

You missed the whole point.
It does NOT MATTER what others might do.
It matters what WE DO.

We, as the "leaders of the world" could handle all of this WAY BETTER.
We don't have to be deceitful warmongers and killers to achieve a better world.
We are so dominant and everyone else looks to us to see the direction that the world will go.

We should be teaching them the Right things.
Not all of this Evil.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't blame the US for "All the World's Problems"

......sooo which is it?

Ever heard of someone talking out of both sides of their mouth?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
An excellent thread. Yes, we are so indoctrinated, so manipulated, and so much of our tax dollars go to war making.

Ike's worst nightmare come true.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
An excellent thread. Yes, we are so indoctrinated, so manipulated, and so much of our tax dollars go to war making.

Ike's worst nightmare come true.

Yup. War makes too many people too much money for anyone to aim for peace. As an Englishman I feel constantly ashamed of our approach to geopolitics. It's hard to have national pride when you're selling upwards of 750bn worth of weapons and jets to SA so they can keep murdering Yemeni kids.

The problem with blind patriotism is that people often point blank refuse to accept their great nation may actually not be so great.

The UK, US and France in particular are responsible for so much death for profit or political gain every year. No wonder so much of the world hates us (though everyone hates the French but that's fair enough).

Great thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I agree with you many points.

I am just starting read. I assume you are going to continue. I am not sure about the mysterious "they".

I listen and see if I can connect.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

We are always the hero when we tell the story of our lives.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

We are always the hero when we tell the story of our lives.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join