It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump at Mar-a-Lago again

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Are you suggesting that elected official aren't offered the same benefits as appointed or hired federal employees, or that elected officials aren't allowed designated vacations?

yes, they get extremely better benefits.

it is a known fact that elected members of the U.S. are compensated better than than federal employees.
i can't help that your ignorant to that fact and not willing to see it and investigate further.

edit on 19-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The President of the United States is a federal employee. Elected officials are well paid, but their federal/medical benefits are managed by U.S. Office of Personnel Management. They don't individually make up rules for themselves as go.

All presidents live in the White House free of charge, and are allowed a redecorating budget to create a space to their tastes. In addition, most of the art available in the National Gallery may be borrowed to decorate the White House. The president and his family have access to Camp David, a Naval installation functioning mostly as a presidential retreat.
www.sapling.com...

Presidents are afforded "vacation" time, although as president, they're never not the president. Why are you arguing that point? Why do you deny this?

As of 2015, the base salary for all rank-and-file members of the U.S. House and Senate is $174,000 per year, plus benefits. Salaries have not been increased since 2009. Compared to private-sector salaries, the salaries of members of Congress is lower than many mid-level executives and managers.
In a complex system of calculations, administered by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, congressional pay rates also affect the salaries for federal judges and other senior government executives.
www.thoughtco.com...

And

Former presidents are entitled to medical treatment in military hospitals; they pay for this at interagency rates set by the Office of Management and Budget. Two-term presidents may buy health insurance under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
en.wikipedia.org...

MORE

Presidents are afforded "vacation" time, although as president, they're never not the president. Why are you arguing that point? Why do you deny this?

Mark my words, Trump will be taking his (weeks long) vacation time, just like Obama, and every president before him did, above and beyond Trump's weekend golfing getaways.

edit on 19-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I'm sure there are folks here who have added up the total budget for his shenanigans. Block grants for Meals On Wheels (for the nation) are around $250,000 -- if he decided to NOT go to Florida for one weekend, we could have 12 years of meals at the current level - or expand it to cover other seniors as well.

Excellent example - the rich elite - the biggest proponents of the whole "money's not important" proves that money's not important to THEM by burning through it at an alarming rate.

Meanwhile, what for them is mere change found between couch cushions, the same amount could be spent in a whole different way, feeding people and giving them housing.

But since the elites are running the show, it's instead us in the middle that have to be squeezed dry in order for them to appear to "share the goods". I'd like a flat tax rate for everyone, with the only exception being 0 for the poorest.

Big money doesn't equal "big douchebag", but it's surprisingly often that big douchebags attracts a lot of money and power. I guess douchebaggery is a needed qualification for getting ahead in life.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

i never said that they didn't get vacations or benefits, just that they are calculated differently than regular employees.

thanks for proving my point, just as i said from the get go.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I never said that presidential and elected officials don't have different formulas, but that they are federal employees and as such, their benefits are pre-determined. They don't get to individually make up their benefits as they go, or as they see fit.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Just my opinion dude. Of course I have no say nor would I ever assume to. I'm just wondering aloud what the problem is and I think it's because they don't like the Whitehouse. I think they are used to and want something flashier. Because there certainly are very very good , safe schools for Washington's elite children.
Probably better than the one in New York. There is nothing wrong with Barron, he's a perfectly normal child so that's not the problem.
Anyway that's the conclusion I come to. They don't like the place. It is very old and the decor is decidedly federal and colonial. There may be an ormalu table or two but aside from that not too much gilding.
Although they should like the marble floors.

i think you nailed it

they live in a 100 million dollar luxury apartment. barron has an entire floor of trump tower to himself.
they are slumming it while at the white house....not ritzy enough

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's the only thing that makes sense.
No gold toilets and sinks.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Snarl

Did Trump win the popular vote??

Do you believe that the President is elected by popular vote in the USA?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: D8Tee

Looks like Trump has family values

Family values! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

While I can understand how some would see family values as laughable, others do consider them important.
If Donnie and Melanie made the decision to have him finish out the school year where he is, I applaud them.

not saying you personally but people on this board of course ripped barack and michelle for doing the same thing for their daughter.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's the only thing that makes sense.
No gold toilets and sinks.

im with you for sure.
im interested to see what happens when baron finishes this year of school.
will he and his momma actually move to dc to slum it or will there be another reason to piss away almost a million a day.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

The reason the "opposition" keeps bringing up the popular vote is because Trump's followers keep telling us that he won by a landslide, and therefore he's been given carte blanche by the American people, and has a public mandate to do whatever he wants. Trump isn't just the president of those who voted for him He's everyone's president, and as such needs to consider the needs of all Americans, not just those that supported him.

The Electoral College, in my opinion, is an outstanding process that shouldn't be repealed. Adjusted or reformed? Maybe, I don't know enough about the controversies of the electoral votes per state.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh, Trump is now calling it the "Southern White House."

Trump mentioned Ike Perlmutter, the Marvel CEO, indicating he would be among those in attendance at "what we call the 'Southern White House.' That seems to be the most convenient location. Everybody always wants to go to the Southern White House.

source

...."everybody always wants to go there"...

"most convenient..."

Camp David (the official Presidential retreat) is a mere 70 miles from Washington DC.

Yet Trump describes Mar-a-Lago as "most convenient." The logical followup question is "most convenient to what?"

The nearest airport to Mar-a-Lago is not a major international airport or a major regional hub. Mar-a-Lago over 900 miles from Washington DC. It's an hour away from Miami, more than a thousand miles from New York City or Boston, over three thousand miles away from cities on the West Coast.

So what is it 'most convenient' to? It's 'most convenient' to Trump's pocketbook. Once there at the resort, you have to buy food, services, hotel rooms, etc, from Trump's businesses while We The People pay for Trump to stay and eat there.

How convenient.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Trump mentioned Ike Perlmutter, the Marvel CEO, indicating he would be among those in attendance at "what we call the 'Southern White House.' That seems to be the most convenient location. Everybody always wants to go to the Southern White House.

source

"most convenient..."

Camp David (the official Presidential retreat) is a mere 70 miles from Washington DC.

Yet Trump describes Mar-a-Lago as "most convenient." The logical followup question is "most convenient to what?"

The nearest airport to Mar-a-Lago is not a major international airport or a major regional hub. Mar-a-Lago over 900 miles from Washington DC. It's an hour away from Miami, more than a thousand miles from New York City or Boston, over three thousand miles away from cities on the West Coast.

So what is it 'most convenient' to? It's 'most convenient' to Trump's pocketbook. Once there at the resort, you have to buy food, services, hotel rooms, etc, from Trump's businesses while We The People pay for Trump to stay and eat there.

How convenient.

Do keep us all up to date on whether he is there next week.. and the week after...and the week after...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

And where will be his Other White House, for Florida off season? New York or California properties in Summer? (In CA he could stay in his own house in Beverly Hills and have "meetings" in Palos Verdes directly on the coast.) Where in the world for whatever else reason/excuse? Such a shyster.... which is bad enough in business, but in government it should be intolerable.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The reason the "opposition" keeps bringing up the popular vote is because Trump's followers keep telling us that he won by a landslide, and therefore he's been given carte blanche by the American people, and has a public mandate to do whatever he wants.

Doesn't matter if he won by one vote or one hundred million. Doesn't make a bit of difference.

You are making the argument the president holds more or less power based upon how much he won by.

While it is an interesting concept, at the present time, it does not work that way.

Wait till after the midterms when the Democrats get slaughtered. Republicans will easily get their 60 seat majority, thats when he can get things done.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Nope. All this Trump won, you lost, get over it BS is just that, BS. Those who didn't vote for Trump still have a voice and don't have to STFU and roll over and take it! As a matter of fact, more people didn't vote Trump than did. You folks are NOT the majority.

I'm saying that he's accountable to all Americans, not just the ones who supported him. Just because he won the election, that doesn't mean he has the approval of all Americans to do whatever he pleases. For example, waste $900 a day of tax pay dollars and resources so that his fragile son doesn't have to leave his golden palace to live the dumpy White House, or take $3 million dollar golf vacations almost every weekend. He's just as accountable as Obama was when he was criticizing him for golfing or for policy that was contrary to his agenda.

All this will come back on him, and not in a good way.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, more people didn't vote Trump than did. You folks are NOT the majority.

Elections over, Trump won. Republicans hold a majority in both the House and Senate.

Just because he won the election, that doesn't mean he has the approval of all Americans to do whatever he pleases.

Presidents never have the approval of all Americans, never have, never will.

All this will come back on him, and not in a good way.

If you say so.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Elections over, Trump won. Republicans hold a majority in both the House and Senate.

That doesn't mean that constituents aren't paying attention. Not all of of Republican constituents voted for Trump, or approve of his policies.

Presidents never have the approval of all Americans, never have, never will.

Right. But Trump is at like 35% approval rating, even among those that voted for him. That affects Republicans and their reelection bids.

If you say so.

I do say so.
edit on 19-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That doesn't mean that constituents aren't paying attention. Not all of of Republican constituents voted for Trump, or approve of his policies

Good they are paying attention. It's ridiculous to think that all of any group would agree on anything.

Right. But Trump is at, like 35% approval rating, even among those that voted for him. That affects Republicans and their reelection bids.
Reminds me of before the election when all the polls said Trump would not win.

I do say so.
Doesn't make you right, just another opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

source

"most convenient..."

How convenient.

Do keep us all up to date on whether he is there next week.. and the week after...and the week after...

Yup agreed. Please keep us updated. It's important to see how much tax payer money the potus continues to waste on holidays while cutting public services. Fully agree.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join