It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump at Mar-a-Lago again

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Camp David cannot compare to Mar a Lago in terms of fun.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Camp David cannot compare to Mar a Lago in terms of fun.

Or profit.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Sorry. Should have posted the following here.

Previously nick-named the “Winter Whitehouse,” Trump now calls his private Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach the “Southern White House.” As he says, “Everybody always wants to go to the Southern White House” - so obviously, his weekend visits won’t be stopping any time soon. By these terms, the Mar-a-Lago Club is the official Southern White House, the true new seat of American power.

Public tours of the Washington White House are free of charge. They are conducted for educational purposes, and to celebrate Americans’ shared history and ‘public ownership’ of the historical seat of American power.

In contrast, the Southern White House is a private resort. A celebration of good old-fashioned American corporate capitalism and wealth. In fact, Trump recently doubled Mar-a-Lago’s new members’ “initiation fee,” and raised it to $200,000.

Membership is probably worth the money: 20 acres of land, a 20,000-square-foot ballroom, beach club, large pool area, tennis courts, and restaurants - PLUS - the chance to rub shoulders with the President of the United States of America. And he’s there a lot.

Since his inauguration 8 weeks ago, Trump has spent 5 weekends at his private Mar-a-Lago resort, and nearly a quarter of his time there. So paid-up members have ample opportunity to meet the President, and of course, to curry favor and lobby him. For a full breakdown of the tiered membership benefits, check out the Trump Card Privileges Program.

Wealth does have it’s privileges, so ordinary Americans who want see this new seat of American power will likely need to get creative. There’s no group rate for the economically challenged, and no public tours have yet been scheduled. But nothing’s impossible, right?

There are obstacles of course. None of the Southern White House facilities are even open to the public - not even the restaurant. As well, Americans pay to provide security to the President, and in this case, to ensure that no one without the requisite Membership gets close to Mar-a-Lago. So short of dodging the Secret Service and crashing the gates, high-powered binoculars might just be your best bet.

I emphatically do not recommend challenging security at the Southern White House. Protecting the President is costly to taxpayers, and I’m sure no one wants to make it even more expensive. Already, American taxpayers spend more than $3 million every time Trump goes there. As well, Palm Beach residents have been hit with more than $1 million for security since Trump was elected. Now, with the recent security “breaches” at the Washington White House, security costs for the Southern White House will probably go up even higher. Without any public tours.

Palm Beach’s third district is not happy about all the extra costs, but the federal government has refused to reimburse the county. Now, says Dave Kerner, a county commissioner for the district, there’s no choice but to look elsewhere - and charging Mar-a-Lago directly looks like the best option for reimbursement.

Dave Kerner, a county commissioner for Palm Beach's third district, is asking the county’s attorney office to explore making Mar-a-Lago’s owner reimburse the county for “special benefits” given to the resort. Kerner’s proposal would make Mar-a-Lago a “municipal service benefit unit,” meaning the county can require the resort to pay for the costs incurred by Trump’s frequent visits.

“We’re very honored to have the president here, but at the same time, his travel here is such high frequency he’s not visiting Palm Beach County - he’s governing from it,” Kerner told MONEY.

Every visit is essentially free publicity on a global scale for Mar-a-Lago and Trump's business interests.

At present, the best time to see the Southern White House is when the President is NOT there. Even then, you will need those high-powered binoculars because you will not be allowed inside.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Each of those secret service members accompanying him should have to buy a membership, not fair to paying members they get in free.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22028286]Byrd[/p camp david had several flyovers by civilian aircraft during times when obama was in his last years at white house so HE STARTED GOING ELSEWHERE ON VACATION. so camp david is considered less secure. and remember obama liked to vacation in hawaii and bush at his rank in texas donald just following there leads by going to his own property in florida.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: [post=22028286]Byrd[/p camp david had several flyovers by civilian aircraft during times when obama was in his last years at white house so HE STARTED GOING ELSEWHERE ON VACATION. so camp david is considered less secure. and remember obama liked to vacation in hawaii and bush at his rank in texas donald just following there leads by going to his own property in florida.

But what is the difference between those three? Bush never paid to stay at his Ranch and Obama never paid to stay at his place either while on vacation. With Trump we are paying for him to stay on his own property. Trump is lining his pockets courtesy of the taxpayer.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Each of those secret service members accompanying him should have to buy a membership, not fair to paying members they get in free.

Why not Donnie's bilking the taxpayer already.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
The cult will be along shortly to correct the record.

Once again, the American populace have lost. From Wilbur Ross to Steven Mnuchin, I don't understand how anyone can claim he's "anti-establishment."

I really wanted Trump to be something more than a plan B for TPTB, but it's become pretty clear.

From supporting the drone program, appointing former Sachs bankers, appointing those who have worked for the Rothchilds (Ross) - the American people were played, and big time.

Trump also stuffed his Cabinet with CFR Members and also Warmongers

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: RomeByFire

And don't forget not putting Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, hotbeds of Radical Islam, in the travel ban list.

Sheik Trump also approved giving arms to Saudi Arabia so they can hand them over to ISIS

Donald Trump's State Department approves Saudi Arabia weapons sales blocked by Barack Obama
www.independent.co.uk... k-weapons-a7620821.html

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: D8Tee

Why not Donnie's bilking the taxpayer already.

Short term pain long term gain.

Protecting the president is expensive, get over it.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
i guess you missed the news about the laptop being stolen with floor plants and security details that potentially puts his familys lives in danger.

yeah, so...he can go to maralago as much as he wants, i know i would if couldnt trust my own secret service to do their damn jobs.

It has nothing to do with secrecy!
The White House is too ghetto for Trump
He is more comfortable at his Royal Palace

Therr are club members coming and going at their whim unlike the White House

Look at this and tell me how this was kept secret

www.theblaze.com...

Trump, Abe discuss North Korean missile test in full public view at Mar-a-Lago

President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe discussed a strategy to respond to North Korea’s recent missile test in “full view” of members of the president’s Mar-a-Lago club on Saturday evening

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: tribal
i guess you missed the news about the laptop being stolen with floor plants and security details that potentially puts his familys lives in danger.

yeah, so...he can go to maralago as much as he wants, i know i would if couldnt trust my own secret service to do their damn jobs.

It has nothing to do with secrecy!
The White House is too ghetto for Trump
He is more comfortable at his Royal Palace

Therr are club members coming and going at their whim unlike the White House

Look at this and tell me how this was kept secret

www.theblaze.com...

Trump, Abe discuss North Korean missile test in full public view at Mar-a-Lago

President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe discussed a strategy to respond to North Korea’s recent missile test in “full view” of members of the president’s Mar-a-Lago club on Saturday evening

The “open-air nature” of Trump’s discussion was met with criticism by some who felt that the public nature of the conversation — as well as the use of cell phone cameras around potentially sensitive documents — could present a national security risk.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I don't think Trump is at Mar a Lago this weekend... can we have some kind of filler thread?...as I'll miss the weekly instalment.
edit on 24/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I don't think Trump is at Mar a Lago this weekend... can we have some kind of filler thread?...as I'll miss the weekly instalment.

The Independant is reporting he's at Mar a Lago this weekend, let the moaning begin.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is a free country. He can go wherever he wants in the weekends.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yeah. On our dime, of course.
But that's cool.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yeah. On our dime, of course.
But that's cool.

As it always is with Presidents.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes.
Some are more cost than others.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes.
Some are more cost than others.

Indeed, we just don't know the comparisons, unless of course one engages in cherry picking small parts of the overall budget in order to make spurious comparisons.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We do know that the Secret Service needs a budget boost.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join