It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Girl Like Her.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My 12 year old daughter came home last week telling us that her class had to watch a movie.
Her teacher said it was a preparation movie for young teens entering into high school and how the events portrayed in the film are far to common in this day and age.

The movie follows 2 main characters, a victim and her Bully.

The Plot:
The 2 used to be best friends all through grade school, but once they both entered high school, that friend ship ended.
The bully became one of the most popular girls in school, leaving behind her life long childhood friend.

Soon the bully started making fun of and teasing her once was best friend.
It got so bad, that the victim, feeling absolutely overwhelmed by the constant harassment and threats, attempts to commit suicide.

The bully, shows no remorse and even goes as far as denying the years of abuse she inflicted.

But the victim had a secret...
You see the victims boyfriend knew what she was going through. So he fitted her with a pinhole camera to record the daily events.

Im not going to go any further into the plot, I dont want to ruin it.

But as a father of 3 children, seeing what this little girl had to endure every single day of her life, for no reason what so ever, struck me.
And it struck me hard.
By the end of the movie I was in tears.

I was happy that I made all 3 of my kids watch it with their mother and I... even my oldest, whom already watched the movie earlier that day in class.

The movie holds nothing back in how it portrays how much mental and physical anguish a bully can inflict on ones well being.

If you have children entering high school or if your child has been called a bully for their actions, please sit them down and watch this movie with them.

Maybe they will see what the consequences may hold for their actions.

And for the kids being bulled, maybe this movie will help them see they are not alone and the suicide is not the answer.

This is a great family movie that brings awareness of how today's youth are often victims of this behavior.
Watch this movie with your kids and talk with them afterwards.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Be kind and respectful to everyone.
Somebody gives you some guff, sit'em on their ass.
That's pretty much what I learned from my elders.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Thats right

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Be kind and respectful to everyone.
Somebody gives you some guff, sit'em on their ass.
That's pretty much what I learned from my elders.

listen to dalton
he is the cooler

top topics

join