It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my son dream that I kill him?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I agree with those who say the dreams are about your son's inner fear that you will 'abandon' him to his mother...

You mustn't take his dreams personally, they're not truly about 'you' just representative of something too complicated for him to understand.

...You are in a difficult position, because while it is to his benefit that you present his mother being back and his visits with her as a 'good' thing -

- you know that she does not have his true best interests at heart, and you are basically only doing what the courts have ordered you to do in allowing the visitation -

- the thing is, from your son's point of view:

it may seem that you actively 'want' him to spend that time with his mother, so the dreams likely represent his subconscious fear that you no longer 'want' him with you and that the current visitations are only the first step in your giving him to her permanently.

(Now it's possible his mom is 'feeding' that fear into him - it would be good if you can find out whether she talks negatively to him about you - might she even try to imply to him that you'll stop 'wanting' him someday?)

As you're the primary parent figure, psychologically, abandonment by you actually equals 'death' to his child's psyche...thus he dreams that you "kill" him..

I would say that the most important thing is to keep things as calm and simple as possible as far as the visitations, while giving reassurance of your love and finding subtle ways to let him know that his 'real' home will always be with you -

- I would let him talk thru the dreams with you, because you can use those scenarios as a basis for reassuring him by pointing out how not only would you never "kill" or even harm him, but that you will always 'take care of him' (i.e. his 'home' with you is safely secure)..

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
by any chance, have you started dating recently or something? could he be afraid subconsciously that you will discard him for someone else? sorry, but that's the only idea that I have...
my dreams seem to go the other way... kids killing me, lol...
only had one like that though, but unnerved the crap out of me.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 25-3-2017 by Aboom because: Removed and placed where initially ntended

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No dating going on but I see what your saying

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

While I try to avoid much tv at our house, grandma's house is different. We often visit her and while I'm doing things around her place (cleaning gutters, etc), he might have had exposure to one of her pre-set-to-record programs. It actually happens fairly often, as we sit there expecting Scooby Dio to come on, it switches to something else such as a murder mystery program. He doesn't forget things either...combine this likelihood, whats went on regarding our family and the other possibilities, I reckon he has quite a load to carry and process.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Yes, it's very difficult. Part of me wants to tell him what we're dealing with (a shady, covert narcissistic manipulative so-and-so who is up to no good who is enjoying him being a distraction for her other son and loving the fact that she's turning my world upside down)....but I take the high road, am nice, and I do reassure him I have no plans on going anywhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
You both exist in an illusion reality where he needs to prove himself to you before he is actually born in the real world. This world is the womb world and you're considering aborting him...and he's afraid. It's going to take a lot of work on his part and many years in the fake reality to convince you to keep him. Good luck, kid.

I've never heard a take like this. Sometimes parts of this "illusion" I wish to be gone but it's not up to me...im led to believe I can influence the outcome though. I'm gonna try like hell to, i guarantee that.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
The story you outlined in the OP may actually be what the dream is about..

The boat may symbolise the safe place or life that the two of you have been used to, home in other words. The waters are the unknown future, or time that he may be spending with Mum.. it's possible that he feels your lack of control in the situation.. It may also be that he is picking up on some of the feelings or misgivings that you may have about letting go when Mum takes him. Children pick up on things like that more than we think they do.

I'd say that it's not really that big of a deal and just part of the adjusting process.. it's a natural way of learning to relate to changes. Just make sure that you show him the advantages of the situation and encourage him to look forward to spending time with her and getting to know her more.. Let him know that you believe it's a good thing for him to get the opportunity to spend time with Mum.. She may not be the best one ever but she's the only one he'll ever have and it'll be good for him to know her..

I agree, it's unfortunate I cannot rely on the court to protect us from mom's "ways." I'm just waiting to get served again. She's most likely going after me again to keep him after summer visitation. It IS hard on me and try as I might I'm sure he DOES know it.

<< 1   >>

join