It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mirror Season 3 EP1 - Nosedive. It's Like ATS, Stars and All! On Netflix.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah i know it's the same cookies pic.
Do whatever you like, I only challenge those who get a broken heart about people who don't positively promote The Shed thread.

Alright Grain, you've said your peace here. I think you are now going into a realm that is more about personal resentment regarding a separate forum on ATS. Please understand that I totally respect your opinion, and it's valid, but it's seemingly coming close to a personal mission to attack certain members.

There is a sense of "popularity" here on ATS and all throughout social media. The Black Mirror EP shows a world where that extreme goes beyond what hopefully most of us disagree with. But I didn't mean this to include members here who are just trying to establish relationships and creative ways to relate to one another. The Shed is not the enemy here man. It's an escape, and THAT is not a bad thing. They are not a target here.... Even they recognize the sometimes abused way that the "star" ranking system is used here...

edit on 20-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Directly quote me then fella and pick my words apart.
I have NOT said the shed thread is a bad thing.
...and so long as anyone continues to reply to me I shall continue to respond back.
You don't own this thread either.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

True. I don't own anything. I'm not trying to pick you apart here. I just know that the "shed" on ATS is not the enemy here. You seem to have some personal issues with it. Jacy and Night Star are literally, in my mind, the most caring and nicest people on ATS.

Please don't take what I am saying as a bad thing. I respect your posts and agree with most of them.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I would just like to say that I also just watched S3E2 of black mirror and it kinda freaked me out. It was completely disturbing. It's 4am here and that was a lot.
edit on 20-3-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I haven't said the shed thread is the enemy either so what is your problem?
The fact I'm not gushing love for it and it's members seems to be a problem, and very much on topic with the OP.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I haven't said the shed thread is the enemy either so what is your problem?
The fact I'm not gushing love for it and it's members seems to be a problem, and very much on topic with the OP.

Cool. I don't HAVE a problem. You just seem really defensive about it. I don't know why, and it's not my business to be honest. I'm just a bit confused. Hit me up though if you ever wanna talk.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I would just like to say that I also just watched S3E2 of black mirror and it kinda freaked me out. It was completely disturbing. It's 4am here and that was a lot.

Lol, yup the series did the same for me. For whatever sadistic reason, I found myself sucked in, wanting to keep watching the whole thing.

It really makes you think.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Nope, the only ones on the defensive are sheddites.
Nowhere have I said that thread was bad or the enemy, that was your invention.
But interestingly I am the pariah because I don't love the shed and it's members.
I think this is a fantastic example totally on topic with your OP of Internet cliques and perceived popularity.
I've never been here to make friends just to enjoy robust reasoned debate.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think in a way, you are proving that ATS is NOT yet like the world in the Black Mirror Season 3 EP1.

The difference is the humanity that still exists on ATS.

There are still real people here. You may be jealous and angry at them, but that's different from a society that relies on "stars" to succeed. Luckily!

The cool thing is, you don't have to read posts from "The Shed", you don't have to love them either. Thankfully, you can hate the crap out of "The Shed" and it will not make a damn bit of difference in your real life.

You can keep acting like you don't have a bone to pick with certain members here under the guise of "it's on topic, kiss my ass!" but you're not fooling me anymore. You're just a pissed off member with an obvious beef toward "The Shed".

The other good thing about this is, I don't give a damn what you think about me, or the OP, or anyone else. You're just looking like a prick. Good for you.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Hahaha got the blood flowing have we?!
No hatred from me, more pure invention on your part.
Go on, directly quote my offending words and we can discuss things in a civil manner.
Right now though you appear overly emotional.
Have a cup of tea maybe and some dragon cookies?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hahaha got the blood flowing have we?!
No hatred from me, more pure invention on your part.
Go on, directly quote my offending words and we can discuss things in a civil manner.
Right now though you appear overly emotional.
Have a cup of tea maybe and some dragon cookies?

What, you can't handle a bit of a truth bomb? I said nothing indicating that I'm "overly emotional". This is akin to an actual triggered liberal saying "triggered" to a conservative when no other points can be made.

It's not my fault you have a chip on your shoulder. You obviously can't have a rational convo on ATS because of little places like "the shed" that have you so worked up. Why don't you reach out to a family member or something? It's clear to me that you have no care in the world for anyone here.

Cheers bro!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Nope, I'm calm, you are the one using terms like prick and hate.
Now, again what exactly did I post which inspired your reaction?
A direct quote would be better than your inventions.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Nope, I'm calm, you are the one using terms like prick and hate.
Now, again what exactly did I post which inspired your reaction?
A direct quote would be better than your inventions.

You should really scroll back and read your own posts to recognize your own arrogance and immaturity.You are looking like a weak-minded fool who wants to pick on sweet little ladies in a forum that has nothing to do with you. You seem jealous that you aren't a major force in the tiny place known as "the shed".

Why don't you go burn a village of fairies while you're at it. Lol

It's really quite pathetic man. Get over it.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Dragon cookies?
I'm kinda sick of the old ones too so I baked up a new batch!

Thank you for your kind words.
To be honest I was surprised, because I always tend to think that nobody around here knows I exist...apart from the friends that I have made throughout the years.

Sometimes 'popularity' is a notion that is conceived (or perceived?) by others, yet the individual in question is not aware of this perception. There are those who definitely seek it (post a selfie for all your 'followers')...but this site is for communication not visual worship.

I have never considered myself popular here. Sometimes I feel awkward jumping into serious thread topics...bringing all that pink fluffy avatar into a man-talk...but I will if I feel that I have something to say.
And yes, there is still a lot of humanity on ATS.
jacy

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Why don't you go burn a village of fairies while you're at it. Lol

Bahahahaha!

Thanks for your kind words Wookie. Jacy and I and the folks at the shed are not a clique as Grain insists it is.

And though that show sounds scary, luckily we haven't reached that point yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
ENOUGH

The topic of this thread is "Black Mirror Season 3 EP1 - Nosedive. It's Like ATS, Stars and All! On Netflix." It is not The Shed, each other, cookies, or anything else not related to "Black Mirror Season 3 EP1 - Nosedive. It's Like ATS, Stars and All! On Netflix."

Additional off topic posts will be removed. Additional insults and bickering will earn a post ban.

Please do not reply to this message.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

This is my favorite episode of Black Mirror. The ending was great.

I would be below a one in such a scenario. Get off my lawn....etc

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join