It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump; NO need to apologize for uk wiretap comments; it likely happened here is why

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute
a reply to: 3ncrypt0Rdie

Thank you for your Op and careful explanation. I also have posted the FiveEyes info several times over the last couple of weeks regarding my theory on this issue....hopefully people will begin to understand how the intelligence agencies have circumvented the law and will technically never have to admit there was surveillance.

The die hard liberal Progressive's who have succumbed to the MSM propaganda will always deny the possibility and will use it as a rallying cry to impeach Trump....the Summer of Hate will soon be upon us.

In this specific Trump case, it hasn't happened. It has been established in other threads that the membership is already aware most are spying on each other.

Trump is a nut. That is not difficult to see, regardless of all of this.

I always appreciate a reasoned and objective opinion....please repost when you have one.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

The Whitehouse already did apologize. The thing did not happen.

I'm not disagreeing with you just for the sake of it, but the BBC has been reporting that President Trump has only so far said that the allegations will not be repeated. A technicality perhaps, but if that was President Trump's only response, that is not quite the same as saying it didn't happen.

There is one other very unusual thing about this from a British perspective. As a member of a UK government security organisation I can categorically confirm that GCHQ has a rigid policy of never confirming or denying any operations it is, or is not involved in. Whether we can read anything into the fact that it has categorically denied any involvement in this affair is of course purely speculative, but it is certainly an eyebrow raiser for me.

It was an apology. And, yes, the comments from Downing Street and GCHQ were noted as rare. GCHQ was the first to comment it was not true. You would know that, though, as a member of UK government security, wouldn't you?

Our Security advisor apologized to the British counterpart, Sir Mark Lyall.

I wasn't aware of the apology but I accept your word on it. The BBC is still running the story in a way by adding that The President has told Merkel that they were both wire tapped. It is not the top story this side of the pond, the ongoing Second Scottish Independence Referendum saga is the big news right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Thank you for your Op and careful explanation. I also have posted the FiveEyes info several times over the last couple of weeks regarding my theory on this issue....hopefully people will begin to understand how the intelligence agencies have circumvented the law and will technically never have to admit there was surveillance.

The die hard liberal Progressive's who have succumbed to the MSM propaganda will always deny the possibility and will use it as a rallying cry to impeach Trump....the Summer of Hate will soon be upon us.

In this specific Trump case, it hasn't happened. It has been established in other threads that the membership is already aware most are spying on each other.

Trump is a nut. That is not difficult to see, regardless of all of this.

I always appreciate a reasoned and objective opinion....please repost when you have one.

That is as reasoned and objective as one can be about Trump.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3ncrypt0Rdie
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Yes, (speculation) it seems as though someone inside with access to previous SIGINT told Mr Trump about this but never intended for him to open his big mouth about it.
After announcing this new find and thinking that he could simply pull up a record they tell him sir there is no record in or logs to substantiate that. Why because some one with privileged access was ordered to do these kinds of intercepts without authorization.

That doesn't sound beyond the realm of the possible, but I suspect that you have nothing to prove that and have no chance of doing so.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with you just for the sake of it, but the BBC has been reporting that President Trump has only so far said that the allegations will not be repeated. A technicality perhaps, but if that was President Trump's only response, that is not quite the same as saying it didn't happen.

There is one other very unusual thing about this from a British perspective. As a member of a UK government security organisation I can categorically confirm that GCHQ has a rigid policy of never confirming or denying any operations it is, or is not involved in. Whether we can read anything into the fact that it has categorically denied any involvement in this affair is of course purely speculative, but it is certainly an eyebrow raiser for me.

It was an apology. And, yes, the comments from Downing Street and GCHQ were noted as rare. GCHQ was the first to comment it was not true. You would know that, though, as a member of UK government security, wouldn't you?

I wasn't aware of the apology but I accept your word on it. The BBC is still running the story in a way by adding that The President has told Merkel that they were both wire tapped. It is not the top story this side of the pond, the ongoing Second Scottish Independence Referendum saga is the big news right now.

You missed it then. It was actually the day before that GCHQ gave a rare statement. Our National Security Advisor apologized. Downing Street was even more aggressive in response.

You say you are in UK Security, odd you missed this.

Yes, Trump said that. Merkel seemed confused and looked down at papers while Trump was making bad jokes. He seemed to put her in a regrettable and odd situation. She was very uncomfortable in any pictures or broadcasts in her visit with Trump.
edit on 17-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some will always try to excuse what drumpf DOES.

I'm not a grammar nazi - but I assume in your posts ----> dose = does?

Back on topic, Drumpf is learning very quickly (and will continue to, for quite awhile it appears) that there will be consequences to his remarks. He is on the world stage, the supposed leader of the free world. He can't just say things that he "thinks" sound good - without proof.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You missed it then. It was actually the day before that GCHQ gave a rare statement. Our National Security Advisor apologized. Downing Street was even more aggressive in response.

It is not my role to monitor what takes place in the national media,my areas of responsibility are somewhat broader. I do try to stay informed but things get past me sometimes particularly when I have to work some unusual hours.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It is not my role to monitor what takes place in the national media,my areas of responsibility are somewhat broader. I do try to stay informed but things get past me sometimes particularly when I have to work some unusual hours.

This took place in real life. GCHQ gave a rare statement. One would think you at least saw that. But, I suppose you are too busy Mr. Bond. My apologies.
edit on 17-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

This took place in real life. GCHQ gave a rare statement. One would think you at least saw that. But, I suppose you are too busy Mr. Bond. My apologies.

As I mentioned earlier when I first replied to you I was aware of the unusual step GCHQ had taken, but as I have also said to you I was not aware of the apology you mentioned. I like the Bond reference though, and if you're a good girl you can be my Moneypenny.
edit on 17-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: carewemust
It's pretty obvious that there was a grand scheme to derail President Trump's candidacy from INSIDE the U.S. Government. A FAILED grand scheme. It was designed to make RUSSIA the "fall guy".

LOL, he derails himself daily. There is no need for a scheme.

President Trump does seem to get bored with normal, calm routines doesn't he? I just hope that hurling verbal fireworks continues to quench his thirst for action and controversy adequately. I don't want him to escalate (like a junkie) into bombing North Korea for an even bigger "rush".

You and me both.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

As I mentioned earlier when I first replied to you I was aware of the unusual step GCHQ had taken, but as I have also said to you I was not aware of the apology you mentioned. I like the Bond reference though, and if you're a good girl you can be my Moneypenny.

I'm just an analyst, I could never be Miss Moneypenny.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Does your skill set involve knowing how to prepare a Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred, and looking amazing in a bikini?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Isn't it great to know the IC in the USA is the only one that lies?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Does your skill set involve knowing how to prepare a Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred, and looking amazing in a bikini?

Of course. But I have far more important jobs.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Face it. This whole argument is just so tired and played out.

He just won't admit he was wrong in a tweet. That's how damn petty and childish he is. Everyone who's coming up with some cover story for it every day and for every lie, just stop.

It's over. Face it. At a certain point there is nothing you can do when caught in a lie and all the denial is just embarrassing. Well you guys are there and should feel embarrassed and just stop now.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Of course. But I have far more important jobs.

There is nothing more important than a well made cocktail served by a bikini clad beauty.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Riiiight, like intelligence agencies and their operatives would never lie right?... Heck, take Clapper as an example... He went in front of Congress and claimed that U.S. citizen's data was not being intercepted and kept by the IC... then we got Snowden, and the wikileaks showing the contrary.

Clapper also recently went on tv to claim that president Trump wasn't being wiretapped... But of course people who don't like President Trump like yourself would rather think "this is made up" than actually look at the evidence we do have... The IC has been spying and gathering information on everyone... Yet people like you want to claim President Trump could not be wiretapped when other leaders who are allies of the U.S. have also been wiretapped by the U.S. IC...

edit on 18-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yet people like you want to claim President Trump could not be wiretapped
Who has said that?

Trump has claimed, while providing no evidence, that his phone was tapped. All anyone has said, including members of his party, is that he should provide evidence for his claim. What has been said, by members of his own party, that there has been no evidence presented. None. Zero. Nada. Zip.

What claim next? He's being gang stalked?

edit on 3/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yet people like you want to claim President Trump could not be wiretapped
Who has said that?

Trump has claimed, while providing no evidence, that his phone was tapped. All anyone has said, including members of his party, is that he should provide evidence for his claim. What has been said, by members of his own party, that there has been no evidence presented. None. Zero. Nada. Zip.

What claim next? He's being gang stalked?

Since when has a tweet become anything more than a passing thought? I must have missed the point when a tweet became a formality. On the other hand, John McCain accused Rand Paul for working with Putin on the senate floor. Crickets.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join