It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump; NO need to apologize for uk wiretap comments; it likely happened here is why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To be clear on how this all works and what the FACTS are!

GCHQ dose all (on the books) domestic surveillance for the CONUS

X

NSA/CSS dose all (on the books) domestic surveillance for GB

Through these covert partnerships, the agencies have inserted secret vulnerabilities – known as backdoors or trapdoors – into commercial encryption software. Easy to do on the fly.

This is the process that is used to follow local, federal, and founding principles for that country.
Also this is done because almost all data being sent and received across the web in many cases traverses through many other countries allowing for lawful intercept under those guidelines and rules pertaining to those countries.
This basic example of the process that applies to many instances.
This reply is based on weather or not SIGINT assets were used to wiretap President Donald J Trump.

There is no doubt that President Donald J Trumps communications were INTERCEPTED!
Below is more than enough example of proof

Tons of BS behind this kind of story being pushed all over the “commoner news networks”.

Early on in the Snowden leaks, it became clear that the NSA and its UK equivalent, GCHQ, had a very close relationship, sharing lots of data with each other. We noted a convenient potential byproduct of this collaboration: while, technically speaking, NSA isn't supposed to spy on Americans and GCHQ isn't supposed to spy in UK citizens, if they spy on the others' citizens and then share the results, they can get around that loophole. In response to that, the NSA, GCHQ and the three other signals intelligence agencies that make up the so-called "Five Eyes" surveillance collaboration between the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, suggested that they had "minimization" procedures in place not to actually spy on "non-target" citizens of each members' countries.
But, of course, that's not what's actually happening. The latest Snowden document published by The Guardian reveals two important, but related things. First, the GCHQ and the NSA worked out a deal to let the NSA spy much more broadly on UK citizens, allowing them to build a database of previously "restricted" materials on UK citizens. Second, the NSA appears to have taken this small opening by the GCHQ to spy on the UK citizens under certain circumstances and massively expanded it, without telling GCHQ.
www.techdirt.com...

For even more Clarity on this subject refer to this coverage below
How the NSA's Domestic Spying Program Works
www.eff.org...

So in Conclusion it is been proven that the Television and News outlets are playing on peoples ignorance and just out right foolishness to thinks that the system would not ever do such a thing. God help us if people really believe that.
Peoples concern on unauthorized wiretaps are warranted and plausible.

and stop censoring real information powers that,....... ATS...........?

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: stop with ur scripts

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: last one; swear

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3ncrypt0Rdie

I wish I could say you laid it out so well and explained it really good but nope ,at least not for me so I will tag your thread and see if others can help get it through my thick head .

Oh and how does the Ex-MI5 guy that wrote the dossier on Trump fit into this ....he was a Brit correct ?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't doubt so much that Trump Tower did have surveillance, I don't think that most people would think otherwise, and that people other than Trump who were under surveillance were under investigation anyway.
Not withstanding that, GCHQ had also outsourced their intel gathering to outside 'private bodies' anyway, something that coud be a loose cannon, should the circumstance be right.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious that there was a grand scheme to derail President Trump's candidacy from INSIDE the U.S. Government. A FAILED grand scheme. It was designed to make RUSSIA the "fall guy".

What I'd like to know is, when did the Obama Administration start to panic and realize that Donald Trump had a good shot at winning..and must be stopped? Obviously the Obama admin didn't believe none of the polls. In fact, they may have helped to make them inaccurate.

Perhaps President Obama knew that Hillary was such a "dog" candidate, that almost every Republican candidate could beat her.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The Whitehouse already did apologize. The thing did not happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's pretty obvious that there was a grand scheme to derail President Trump's candidacy from INSIDE the U.S. Government. A FAILED grand scheme. It was designed to make RUSSIA the "fall guy".

LOL, he derails himself daily. There is no need for a scheme.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I'm not disagreeing with you just for the sake of it, but the BBC has been reporting that President Trump has only so far said that the allegations will not be repeated. A technicality perhaps, but if that was President Trump's only response, that is not quite the same as saying it didn't happen.

There is one other very unusual thing about this from a British perspective. As a member of a UK government security organisation I can categorically confirm that GCHQ has a rigid policy of never confirming or denying any operations it is, or is not involved in. Whether we can read anything into the fact that it has categorically denied any involvement in this affair is of course purely speculative, but it is certainly an eyebrow raiser for me.
edit on 17-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

LOL, he derails himself daily. There is no need for a scheme.

President Trump does seem to get bored with normal, calm routines doesn't he? I just hope that hurling verbal fireworks continues to quench his thirst for action and controversy adequately. I don't want him to escalate (like a junkie) into bombing North Korea for an even bigger "rush".

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You have it back to front if that is the case. The one thing is what has not gone away is that the intel agencies conviction that Russia played a part in an attempt to help Trump's campaign is still in play. Only tonight the director of the NSA has stated that is his conviction, as is all the intel agencies, and they are not letting it go...you'll hear about that soon in hearings. It's really nothing to do with overreach, it's what they can do, no matter what, and that there are privateers available and being used who will also have a part to play, just because they are there. And of course, Trump has admitted that Russian hackers were involved. That compromises anything that that can come out of the White house re GCHQ or pretty much anything else, that Trump wants to tweet about. I guess there will be more inverted commas in his tweets in the future when it suits.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

I'm not disagreeing with you just for the sake of it, but the BBC has been reporting that President Trump has only so far said that the allegations will not be repeated. A technicality perhaps, but if that was President Trump's only response, that is not quite the same as saying it didn't happen.

There is one other very unusual thing about this from a British perspective. As a member of a UK government security organisation I can categorically confirm that GCHQ has a rigid policy of never confirming or denying any operations it is, or is not involved in. Whether we can read anything into the fact that it has categorically denied any involvement in this affair is of course purely speculative, but it is certainly an eyebrow raiser for me.

It was an apology. And, yes, the comments from Downing Street and GCHQ were noted as rare. GCHQ was the first to comment it was not true. You would know that, though, as a member of UK government security, wouldn't you?

Our Security advisor apologized to the British counterpart, Sir Mark Lyall.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3ncrypt0Rdie
a reply to: carewemust

WTF; dose that matter that has nothing to do with my comment!
That just some toe the line kinda comment.

Sooooo what; let them shape the users presentation of information and the perception of what people actually feel is important on here?

Why are you yelling at carewemust?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thank you for your Op and careful explanation. I also have posted the FiveEyes info several times over the last couple of weeks regarding my theory on this issue....hopefully people will begin to understand how the intelligence agencies have circumvented the law and will technically never have to admit there was surveillance.

The die hard liberal Progressive's who have succumbed to the MSM propaganda will always deny the possibility and will use it as a rallying cry to impeach Trump....the Summer of Hate will soon be upon us.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Yes, (speculation) it seems as though someone inside with access to previous SIGINT told Mr Trump about this but never intended for him to open his big mouth about it.
After announcing this new find and thinking that he could simply pull up a record they tell him sir there is no record in or logs to substantiate that. Why because some one with privileged access was ordered to do these kinds of intercepts without authorization.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Thank you for your Op and careful explanation. I also have posted the FiveEyes info several times over the last couple of weeks regarding my theory on this issue....hopefully people will begin to understand how the intelligence agencies have circumvented the law and will technically never have to admit there was surveillance.

The die hard liberal Progressive's who have succumbed to the MSM propaganda will always deny the possibility and will use it as a rallying cry to impeach Trump....the Summer of Hate will soon be upon us.

In this specific Trump case, it hasn't happened. It has been established in other threads that the membership is already aware most are spying on each other.

Trump is a nut. That is not difficult to see, regardless of all of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join