It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Merkel Meet in the Oval Office , Wow !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Anyone remember this Golden Oldie ?

Sal

a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: RazorV66

Are you guys happy now? There is evidence that he shook her hand.
Anything to bash the Trumpman, if you guys watched him take a piss or a dump, you would probably complain about that too.
He doesn't like Merkel and he doesn't like the press, it's not a big secret....The way she runs Germany, I would bet there are a lot of Germans that don't like her either.
Nothing wrong with his actions in that video, it was awkward but big deal...Obama looked like a fish out of water with all of them too.

I just finished the video of the press conference and saw the handshake that picture is of. Had to laugh.

The both of them were clearly awkward around each other but he sure didn't seem to have any problems shaking her hand in that moment (which, again, was the second time they shook hands on camera). The Oval Office handshake is a photo-op and nothing more. It's not required, it's not protocol. I know I'm hard of hearing to a degree but even watching the video multiple times I can't hear what she's saying over all the camera shutters going off so who knows if Trump did?

Christ, even Politico of all sites is giving Trump the wiggle room of "seems to ignore" instead of just saying he outright ignored her.

It sounded like she was speaking German in that video...I heard "Danke" for sure a few times.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It's not fake news. there's video of him refusing to shake her hand, do you have any idea why?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Anyone remember this Golden Oldie ?

Sal

I remember that happening but I don't remember any Leftists screaming about it,

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It's not fake news. there's video of him refusing to shake her hand, do you have any idea why?

Your name "conspiracy nut" is a pretty good one for you.
Where do you see him refuse her handshake?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It might be worth knowing that german media was eagerly waiting for Trump to repeat the minutes long handshake like with Abe, or the handholding with May.
So I assume she asked him to avoid that in order to not give the press fodder to ridicule the meeting.

Member?

edit on 17-3-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

In the video,, are you blind? He sat there looking like a fool when asked for a handshake by the media. There is no way around it he was rude and you're defending his un diplomatic behavior.
edit on 17-3-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
At least Trump let Merkel enter through the FRONT DOOR of the white house.

A courtesy not always extended to Foreign heads of State when visiting previous Presidents.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow...this is what it has resorted to?

No handshakes? O.M.G.

Dude, sometimes when I read these kinds of threads, I just feel like reaching for a steel pipe and slowly bludgeon myself until the sight of the OP disappears.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: clean up

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Regarding Ms. Merkel's visit..I'm glad President Trump didn't stoop as low as the U.K. Leader who told President Trump not to bother coming to England this year.

edit on 3/17/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

What an attractive lady.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I learned something about the German universal health care system and their Marshal plan for Africa.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If you zoom in close enough, you can see how trump's fingers are barely reaching around Merkel's normal sized hand.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
forget
edit on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 19:02:34 -0500America/Chicago340217America/Chicago3312017f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

If you zoom in close enough, you can see how trump's fingers are barely reaching around Merkel's normal sized hand.

I use the same tentative grip as Trump used when FORCED to shake hands with someone that has questionable cleanliness, or someone you just saw walk out of the bathroom without washing.

Cant blame Trump for not wanting to be contaminated.

You can see the sheer disgust and revulsion on Trumps face in the photo from your post.
edit on 3 17 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

What an attractive lady.

Because Trump is such a stallion or what?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

In the friggin video! The reporter asks them to shake hands. Merkel leans forward and Trump turn his eyes away from her. As a matter of fact, he refuses to make eye contact with her for the whole photo shoot! Clearly, their talks didn't go the way Trump had hoped!

Shameful display!

edit on 17-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'm failing to see an issue here.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

In the friggin video! The reporter asks them to shake hands. Merkel leans forward and Trump turn his eyes away from her. As a matter of fact, he refuses to make eye contact with her for the whole photo shoot! Clearly, their talks didn't go the way Trump had hoped!

Shameful display!

Fascinating specimen! Its interesting to note how triggered it gets about simple formalities. We shall continue to observe it in its natural habitat, under the bridge.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: clean up

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
At least Trump let Merkel enter through the FRONT DOOR of the white house.

A courtesy not always extended to Foreign heads of State when visiting previous Presidents.

Lol, and Putin brought a big dog to his meeting with her because he knew she was scared of them. Poor Angela must not be very good at getting on with people.

edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join