It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Merkel Meet in the Oval Office , Wow !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No pleasantries , no handshake

Handshake...You kidding? World leaders should be well aware of Trumps weird tug of war jerky handshake by now.

Who would want to subject themselves to that?

link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Cauliflower

The point is do you believe it's right for your representative to act that way toward a guest to your country , regardless of feeling toward Merkel she is the leader of the most influential country in Europe.

This isn't about personalities it's about protocol.

What? So do you suppose every time Obama talked to Putin it was all sunshine and butterflies?

Not hardly dude. There's no "protocol" that you have to pretend a fellow world leader is your best friend.

link   

He obviously followed pleasantries of protocol to start off their meeting. Perhaps, in hopes that he could find some common ground. Why in the world would anyone expect an official to do a fake handshake afterwards, if they did not come to any agreement? We the people, are tired of the fake politics and while Trump may seem crass, he is not about to give off any false impression to the public that things are hunky dory when their not!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What? So do you suppose every time Obama talked to Putin it was all sunshine and butterflies?

No , but they were diplomatic , they made small talk and shook hands ... they acted like grown ups.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No , but they were diplomatic , they made small talk and shook hands ... they acted like grown ups.

So did Trump and Merkel. Obama and Putin were not BFFs, especially towards the end of Obama's second term, and they didn't pretend that they were. Complaining that Trump isn't pretending he's BFFs with Merkel is just plain silly.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Disrespectful and completely unprofessional. This is the exact sort of thing I feared when this highly under qualified excuse for a human being became elected.

Of course this type of rude behaviour will be applauded by his supporters. Disgusting, let another head of state refuse to shake Donald's tiny greasy hand and you guys would have a melt down of epic proportions.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So Trump shook her hand off camera, or did he just refuse to shake her hand for the cameras? Either way do you not see how shady that was? I'll shake your hand off camera but notI front of the cameras?Do you have a source for that?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Trump shook hands on camera.

I posted the photo earlier.

Here i tis again.

m.imgur.com...

Fake news.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

He obviously followed pleasantries of protocol to start off their meeting. Perhaps, in hopes that he could find some common ground. Why in the world would anyone expect an official to do a fake handshake afterwards, if they did not come to any agreement? We the people, are tired of the fake politics and while Trump may seem crass, he is not about to give off any false impression to the public that things are hunky dory when their not!

Completely agree, he already stated during his campaign over and over that he's tired of the political correctness.
Why give in and play into their propaganda when he has hardlined against it this whole time. If I don't pay my bills, the companies I get services through don't come over to shake my hand. Why should all these countries get a free ride off our defense?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Fake news.

It's a video.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

So Trump shook her hand off camera, or did he just refuse to shake her hand for the cameras? Either way do you not see how shady that was? I'll shake your hand off camera but notI front of the cameras?Do you have a source for that?

Yea, the comment below yours that has the picture that was posted on page 1 of Trump shaking hands with Merkel in front of god and everybody else under the portico.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
It was a photo-only session with no questions, only shutterbugs. Handshake and pleasantries occurred earlier. Heard it on CNBC (finance channel). Sheesh.

AKA ...... A professional *photo shoot*

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

And this a a phot of a genuine warm greeting INCLUDING A HANDSHAKE.

m.imgur.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You may want to try to divert it but the topic of this thread is the video posted in the OP , Trump clearly refuses a handshake .

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Are you guys happy now? There is evidence that he shook her hand.
Anything to bash the Trumpman, if you guys watched him take a piss or a dump, you would probably complain about that too.
He doesn't like Merkel and he doesn't like the press, it's not a big secret....The way she runs Germany, I would bet there are a lot of Germans that don't like her either.
Nothing wrong with his actions in that video, it was awkward but big deal...Obama looked like a fish out of water with all of them too.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You may want to try to divert it but the topic of this thread is the video posted in the OP , Trump clearly refuses a handshake .

He didn't shake her hand when the reporters asked....again big deal.
Its not like she stuck out her hand and he left her hanging.
Complain about some real issues.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Anything to bash the Trumpman, if you guys watched him take a piss or a dump, you would probably complain about that too.
He doesn't like Merkel and he doesn't like the press, it's not a big secret....The way she runs Germany, I would bet there are a lot of Germans that don't like her either.
Nothing wrong with his actions in that video, it was awkward but big deal...Obama looked like a fish out of water with all of them too.

Fake news!
Photoshop!
Old photo!??!
**Insert excuse**

*error* *error*

**shutting down**

Good gawd, can the facts not even be acknowledged anymore?
edit on 17-3-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

link   

He refuses to do a phony handshake photo-op on demand like a trained chimp.

Your claims in the original post are a lie.

There were pleasantries.

There was a handshake.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I just finished the video of the press conference and saw the handshake that picture is of. Had to laugh.

The both of them were clearly awkward around each other but he sure didn't seem to have any problems shaking her hand in that moment (which, again, was the second time they shook hands on camera). The Oval Office handshake is a photo-op and nothing more. It's not required, it's not protocol. I know I'm hard of hearing to a degree but even watching the video multiple times I can't hear what she's saying over all the camera shutters going off so who knows if Trump did?

Christ, even Politico of all sites is giving Trump the wiggle room of "seems to ignore" instead of just saying he outright ignored her.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My take on the video was Trump was thinking "I'm the President of the United States....not a performing monkey. I'll shake hands when I want to, not because some fake news reporter tells me to."

Sal

The video shows what it shows , I'm not talking about what happened before or after but the events of this video , anyone who has seen these type of meetings before knows this is wrong ... in my timeline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join