It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fascinating world of BIOmimicry, PART1 the holy blood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Humans discovered fire and the rest is history. The technological advancements of our species is truly something fascinating, but as you will find out in this series, we have much to learn from mother Earth/Nature/Gaia...

This is where Biomimicry comes into play. To look into nature itself for cleaner and more effective technology.
To those who think that Homo Sapiens are slowly coming to a technological halt, think again.

On D-Day, june 6 1944, began the Allied invasion of Normandy. In the midst of combat many soldiers were lost because of blood loss. Due to its rarity and preservation, going into combat with enough O negative blood to save human lives was not a solution. They were desperate for universal Hemoglobin. And this is where the Irony starts. As they were being wounded and killed on the sandy beach of Normandy, a passive observer was there, and it had been for 450 million of years.

this is the Arenicola Marina (lugworm)

And Arenicola Marina has some very special Hemoglobin. The greatest in the animal kingdom.

It is 50 times the size of human hemoglobin and is 40 times more effective. It can bind more than a 100 oxygen atoms, as opposed to 4 for human hemoglobin. And the fact that it comes from a worm does not prevent its compatibility, because of the structural homology. Our hemoglobin is contained in our red blood cells, while that of the arenicola is extracellular, directly dissolved in the blood. It is therefore not typed (A,B,AB,O ) and can suit all blood groups. And since it is pure, it does not have adverse effects on immunity or coagulation. It is also 250 times smaller than red blood cells and can therefore circulate in areas where blood circulation is reduced.

Now that is what I would call technological advancement. Hidden inside an half of billion years old worm.

Thanks to the work of Dr. Frank Zal, this is the future of blood transfusion. The US marines are already testing it to make it available for ground troops.
The most advanced oxygen transporter, without side effects, hidden in plain sight...

If you wish to read more on the subject
www.nature.com...
www.medindia.net...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Dr.Frank Zal's patents related to his discovery
patents.justia.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
When can I inject some into my blood stream?

I wonder how it would pair with inject-able oxygen nano particles?
INJECTABLE OXYGEN

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

Great 2003 Article. Just woke up from my 14 year nap...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh
Humans discovered fire and the rest is history. The technological advancements of our species is truly something fascinating, but as you will find out in this series, we have much to learn from mother Earth/Nature/Gaia...

This is where Biomimicry comes into play. To look into nature itself for cleaner and more effective technology.
To those who think that Homo Sapiens are slowly coming to a technological halt, think again.

On D-Day, june 6 1944, began the Allied invasion of Normandy. In the midst of combat many soldiers were lost because of blood loss. Due to its rarity and preservation, going into combat with enough O negative blood to save human lives was not a solution. They were desperate for universal Hemoglobin. And this is where the Irony starts. As they were being wounded and killed on the sandy beach of Normandy, a passive observer was there, and it had been for 450 million of years.

this is the Arenicola Marina (lugworm)

And Arenicola Marina has some very special Hemoglobin. The greatest in the animal kingdom.

It is 50 times the size of human hemoglobin and is 40 times more effective. It can bind more than a 100 oxygen atoms, as opposed to 4 for human hemoglobin. And the fact that it comes from a worm does not prevent its compatibility, because of the structural homology. Our hemoglobin is contained in our red blood cells, while that of the arenicola is extracellular, directly dissolved in the blood. It is therefore not typed (A,B,AB,O ) and can suit all blood groups. And since it is pure, it does not have adverse effects on immunity or coagulation. It is also 250 times smaller than red blood cells and can therefore circulate in areas where blood circulation is reduced.

Now that is what I would call technological advancement. Hidden inside an half of billion years old worm.

Thanks to the work of Dr. Frank Zal, this is the future of blood transfusion. The US marines are already testing it to make it available for ground troops.
The most advanced oxygen transporter, without side effects, hidden in plain sight...

If you wish to read more on the subject
www.nature.com...
www.medindia.net...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Dr.Frank Zal's patents related to his discovery
patents.justia.com...

Very cool...reminds me either a movie or story unread once about Jellyfish cells and how they are basically immortal...fascinating what we can learn from nature!

top topics

join