It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican sewage routinely fouling San Diego beaches, ocean waters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why would anyone expect any help from a country that can't even take care of the most basic sanitary needs?
These people will not in any way make any effort to actually help the usa. Had the reverse happened and raw sewage from the usa been unleashed on the people of Tijuana OMFG it would be covered on a minute by minute basis. In addition, the mexican government would expect the taxpayers of the usa to pay for the damage to mexico.
www.foxnews.com...

During the 17 days that 140 million gallons of raw sewage poured from Mexico into the Tijuana River and then into the ocean fronting several popular South San Diego communities, no Mexican official disclosed the potential health and environmental hazards.

Despite the silence when the spill began Feb. 6, some 200,000 people living in South San Diego, Imperial Beach and Chula Vista knew there was something amiss. Even a mile away from the Tijuana River they could smell the eye-watering, throat-burning, overwhelming smell of raw sewage. They’d eventually learn this was the worst sewage spill in the region in a decade.

Yeah this is just a temporary problem........

Mexican sewage flows into the U.S. in two ways. Between 30 and 40 million gallons of sewage are discharged every day onto the beach from Mexico’s Punta Banderas sewage treatment plant six miles south of the border, and during south swells and south winds, the sewage washes up on U.S. beaches, Dedina said

These people still pipe their own crap out to the ocean, and we wonder why they can't help with immigration or drug cartels.
What a joke.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

These people still pipe their own crap out to the ocean, and we wonder why they can't help with immigration or drug cartels.

People tell us that we are the big polluters.

We need to build a sea wall.

(post by crayzeed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There is a reason when celebrities make threats to leave America they don't choose Mexico as the destination.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You mean those weren't sea cucumbers I was collecting?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you criticize where they dump their sewage, well that would mean you're a RACIST.

Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Eww, just Eww

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
But all the Mexican politicians have big money.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I thought Mexico is a great proud land. They would never hurt the environment, only us capitalist pigs do that!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So the conservative right wing hasn't found a way to blame this on Obama.......yet?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Mexico is a failed. The people of Mexico have done nothing to combat that fact. I do not want those kind of people in my country. Build the wall.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah, sure, he enabled them and never did a thing about this! This isn't a new problem that the Russians instigated.a reply to: olaru12

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
***comes for the news, stays for the foulmouthed comments***

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
There is a reason when celebrities make threats to leave America they don't choose Mexico as the destination.

I guess I'm not a celebrity but when I travel to this Mexican beach town I see plenty of celebrities; some with condos here.

I know it's trendy to hate all things Mexican since Trump was elected.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So the conservative right wing hasn't found a way to blame this on Obama.......yet?

Yeah.... not funny!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hmm, we blame everything else on the Mexicans, what the hell.

Drugs, gangs, migrant workers....now poop. Maybe Trump will build a sea wall to stop Latino Poop.

They Took er Jobs!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

www.wildwestfish.net...

Gary Harle routinely dives within these vibrant, fertile kelp beds in depths ranging from 30 to 80 feet, specifically with the task of hand-pick-harvesting small bundles of sea urchins in numerous localities within the cool-to-temperate, nutrient-rich coastal waters off San Diego. He tends to target urchins of ideal market size--which is an average of one pound--so red sea urchins are commonly sold either by the pound or by the piece.

www.wildwestfish.net...

Hope everyone that enjoys eating California sea urchin, spiny lobster, Baja tuna, and California halibut is paying attention. This is why I don't eat seafood that I haven't caught myself in Alaska waters or, at the very least, that I don't know personally the ship they came off of that caught them in Alaska waters. The Gulf of Mexico is a toxic chemical cocktail, the NE off the coast of Maine is a dumping ground for all the big north Atlantic seaboard cities, and everything from Seattle south is a cess pool. (and of course anything coming out of Asia is a total crap shoot... literally in the case of Asian farmed shrimp abcnews.go.com... )

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If it'll make you feel better...

It's Obama's fault!!!

edit on 3/17/2017 by seagull because: Can't believe I spelled Obama wrong...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It is not just south of the boarder either.

Up in Seattle, they have a big problem on their hands (ugh! Not in that sense). The sewage treatment plant was damaged in a flood so they are pumping raw sewage into Puget Sound because they cannot treat it. Horrendous smell.

And they are trying to not report on it.

Seattletimes.com, March 15, 2017 - Silence reigns as sewage spews into Puget Sound. Here’s why.

I just heard about it from a tourist at the local tavern talking over beers and basketball.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

I know it's trendy to hate all things Mexican since Trump was elected.

it's been trendy for me since grade school. trump just makes it public for us

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join