It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A very telling pole was released and it is telling on how the French feel about the about their terrorist situation.

93% of French believe that another terrorist attack is high, and 71% feel the security situation in France has gotten worse over the last 5 years.

www.breitbart.com...
The survey found that 93 per cent of French believe the threat of more terror attacks is high, and 71 per cent feel the security situation in France has got worse over the last five years.

59% of French people say they don't feel safe anywhere, and 69% feel the police are under staffed. 88% believe that France should deport foreigners that are sentenced to prison for serious offenses.

More broadly, 59 per cent of those polled said they did not feel safe anywhere, with almost one in four (24 per cent) opting to “strongly agree” with the statement.

Reflecting the insecurity respondents said they felt, 69 per cent think the police and gendarmerie are understaffed, and the survey found the French overwhelmingly have a positive view of law enforcement.

The vast majority of respondents (88 per cent) believe France should deport foreigners sentenced to prison for serious offences, and 84 per cent want the country to create more prison places.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

71% feel the security situation in France has gotten worse over the last 5 years.

In other news, 29% of france is deaf, blind, or dumb.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
All polls are stupid. Every single one. I hate polls. Besides that, good thread

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

If they needed a pole to learn this then the politicians are stupid. And yes they are stupid.

It seems they took too many unvetted immigrants in, and now they have to "deal" with the issue.

Thankfully Barack (can't say his middle name) Obama was on his way out before the invetted "immigrant" issue got too big in the US.

Hillary the faint lost, the majority could see that 4 more years of Obama's admin was a bad idea.

So now we have Trump, we will see if he holds his ground with his election promises.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Considering they are planning to barricade the eiffel tower with a bullet proof glass wall next year, im not surprised at those poll numbers... no matter the 'source'

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
100% of french want to surrender top " someone " - germany or great britain prefered

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’

Considering all that has happened in France over the last few years?
Who could blame them??

link   
It's not that much higher than UK really. It's understandable that terrorism increases people's fear anyway, that's the whole point of it.

Terrorist attack expected by 84% of people

link   
This is from Breitbart, while it's known that some IFOP-FIDUCIAL polls have been interfered with online, and who knows, maybe Breitbart itself. Breibart is known for fake news, and misrepresentation in the past.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Agreed there has been a number of attacks. I wonder what the vetting process is to be able to move in?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Source for your statement.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Or the 29% are undocumented immigrants!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

100% of french want to surrender top " someone " - germany or great britain prefere

Can you type that again maybe slower and perhaps expand to 4 sentences? It doesn't make sense whatever spin I try to put on it.
thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well I want to spend a year in Europe when we retire in a couple years. To say Muslim violence does not effect my train of thought would be stupid.

We will go and everything will be fine. But does it enter my train of thought? Hell yes. I have seen video and want to visit the Markets of Morocco, Will we go there? idk.... Muslim terrorist. I am not an ex navy SEal...

So yeah they have the right to be scared. The religion of peace is everywhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For my Glock 21 is with me; with extended mag's, hollow points and night sights comfort me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A very telling pole was released and it is telling on how the French feel about the about their terrorist situation.

93% of French believe that another terrorist attack is high, and 71% feel the security situation in France has gotten worse over the last 5 years.

Well, Polls say different stuff. Lot's of times they're just plain wrong

Of course the French believe there will be another terrorist attack - they're not stupid. Anyhow, who doesn't. Breitbart has it's own agenda obviously. I think this poll is encouraging:

France's Macron gains on Le Pen, Fillon in Ipsos poll

The poll, published by Le Monde, saw the centrist politician going on to beat the National Front's Le Pen in the May 7 runoff with 61 percent to her 39 percent.

The poll showed that in the April 23 first round Le Pen would lead with 27 percent and former conservative prime minister Francois Fillon, in third place, would have 17.5 percent - both unchanged versus the previous poll carried out on March 1-5.

So...for what it's worth. Fear is not the same thing as stupidity. Let's hope
edit on 3/17/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Seriously?

That's supposed to do what, exactly?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: odzeandennz

Seriously?

That's supposed to do what, exactly?

Increase tourism in light of the deteriorating security situation and increasing crime rate? I know I'd pay to go and see the new and improved bulletproof tower.

That's (hopefully) not the real reason, but it's the best I could come up with.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There's one lady on here who thinks she's like Amelia Earhart because she moved to France it's hilarious. This thread is a bat signal for her. Personally, I'm glad they live in fear, they've done it to themselves because of their liberal policies and I get joy from the fear and suffering of loser liberals.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AppreIron

I don't want a US allie to suffer. True they thought that everyone could live in a big fun community, and it is turning out to be a fallacy.
Don't forget the US, under Obama, was headed down the same path.

Luckily the people woke up and the majority of them voted for Trump, and hopefully he will lead us away from this very dangerous course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join