It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters’ Campaign To Boycott Hawaii Dramatically Backfires

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

I don't know how many could afford it, but only a bigoted pile of trash would assume they're all inbred welfare recipients.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: joshysway

How many of his supporters can actually afford Hawaii tho.

Dumb comment.
You paint people with a broad brush eh?

I think these forums have proved that in order to talk to trump supporters one must forget about logic, use insults and amalgams of all sort in order for them to understand and be on the same page.

Hmmm...so unless I see everything specifically your way, you're entitled to insult me, infer that I'm illogical, and generally berate me at your leisure. Don't think you and I will be having many discussions in the future...because I can assure you I will never just roll over and accept what you say because you think I'm supposed to always be on your page. Good luck with life...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

I don't know how many could afford it, but only a bigoted pile of trash would assume they're all inbred welfare recipients.

50/50

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Dumb comment.

I think these forums have proved that in order to talk to trump supporters one must forget about logic, use insults and amalgams of all sort in order for them to understand and be on the same page.

Yep! When talking to Trump supporters, you don't high, you go low. And then shower afterwards.

Cool story bro.
Get that out of your Hillary handbook? It sounds like something she once said.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sort of like Anti-Trumpers attempt to boycott his daughters clothing line?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hillary! She can end up in a jail cell next to Trump. Seems fitting.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Funny how you just explained how Trump got elected in the first place...
And you're probably right!
I bet most of his supporters can't afford to visit because they are so busy working to support their families and pay taxes so basement dwellers such as yourself can sit around bash them online.

Very liberal of you to make fun of poor people.
Here is your ignorance award.

Just had to agree with this post couldn't have said it any better than that.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's only been a day.

How could it fail ?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

My favorite thing about Trump is that all of the people who said conservatives were stupid for all the moronic names they'd call Obama (Obummer, etc, etc) are... certainly not above it themselves, though I've yet to meet a "progressive" who was above doing what they criticized, but you're even worse at it! I mean, I don't even get it. What word is that supposed to insinuate? Extremist? That's awful stretch of a pun.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I was going to say before reading that the locals feel like their ways and their bloodlines are being pushed out of their own homes and their own land.

So the Hawaiians feel the same way as the people this Hawaiian federal judge just pissed off do? Fascinating.

I'll only say this, if Hawaii gets to be boycotted by tourists from the Lesser 48, can y'all please boycott Alaska, too? I'm pretty much over seeing my state become a circus of asshats every summer.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

The Obama family?

Thank you for the laugh : )

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So far I have seen no "backfire" at all. Hawaii needs tourism. It is the one state that depends on it. If 63 million Americans boycott going to Hawaii it is going to hurt the people living their who depend on tourism to make their money.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Or just don't.

A strange, troubling phenomenon has come to light among intelligent, thoughtful people following this election. People who have made the cognitive error of over-identifying with their vote. They have become tribal and run to their respective corners.

To steal a worn out saying: "A vote, once cast, can never be retrieved". I have voted for people who turned out to be colossal or - perhaps worse - mediocre failures. I have never had a problem separating my vote from that politician's performance. To try and justify your vote with a breathless defence of the indefensible is a waste of breath. To do it using that politicians own propaganda should be embarrassing.

This is the best analysis I've seen of the bizarre sore winner phenomenon the US has had since November.

Plus, great username. My highschool history teacher devoted a week to badass Leonidas.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
So far I have seen no "backfire" at all. Hawaii needs tourism. It is the one state that depends on it. If 63 million Americans boycott going to Hawaii it is going to hurt the people living their who depend on tourism to make their money.

Yep and all because of a judge.

Sad.

Rulings have consequences.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Dumb comment.

I remember when Obama kept getting exposed for all his lies and dirty deeds which far outpaced anything Trump has done, and I remember Obama supporters defending his lies and his dirty deeds with a vengeance. Now Trump supporters get to sit back and do the exact same thing back to those people and laugh it up at every rotten thing Trump does to you. I am loving it. It's poetic comedy. It's the finest grade of hypocrisy ever seen since the first humans lived. I can hardly wait to see what Trump does next!

And remember, The more pain and anguish you feel, the more happiness that Trump supporters feel. Thanks!

Just a joke but it's still sort of true. The media arrogance and hypocrisy are the fuel that feeds this circular battle of insolence. It should be a sitcom

edit on 18-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Now Trump supporters get to sit back and do the exact same thing back to those people and laugh it up at every rotten thing Trump does to you.

He's doing it to all of us.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I live in Waikiki.
Was born here.
Several things.
1. Japanese outspend all other visitors and no trending #boycotthawaii will affect that at all.
2. Australians and Europeans are next in line. I'm hearing a lot of German at the moment.
3. There is only one group that leaves their trash on the beach - Americans.
I can say that because I worked on the beach for at least 10 years. I live 2 blocks from the beach and spend a lot of time there so.
Ummmmmm. I'm more of a Trump supporter than not. Matter of fact most here do not want muslim refugees.
As far as the "comment" I just ended a 30 week vacation.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

By that you mean the people that live here, right?
kitv.images.worldnow.com...
westhawaiitoday.com...
edit on 3/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

By that you mean the people that live here, right?
kitv.images.worldnow.com...
westhawaiitoday.com...

No.
American tourists.
Japanese, Australians, Europeans all have way more respect for this place than say someone from Utah.
people from the mainland come here and trash the place.
I pay homeless people to pick that # up.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

people from the mainland come here and trash the place.
That has not been my experience.
Are you saying that it is mainland haoles who camp and trash Makua Beach? Mainland tourists who trash Sherwoods?

edit on 3/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join