It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What researcher do YOU like?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Richard C Hoagland

If that was meant in humor then Lol.
If not ... Doh !

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thank you all for your participation and recommendations so far. This has really given me a great foundation from which to build on and dig deeper.

What are some "red flags", so to speak, that you personally look out for that makes you feel a certain person is not trustworthy, or could even potentially be "in on it'? Is there anything you've noticed that sticks out, even subtly, that just doesn't seem right? Obviously with pictures we can usually be sure that something is what it isn't. With people who are potentially just very good actors, it's not so cut and dry.

Somebody mentioned how writing a book automatically means fraud. However, what's the difference between that and wanting to expose knowledge to a much wider audience that may not read websites like this one? (Especially since, im assuming, people were writing these books before the age of the internet) I know firsthand that writing a book and even getting it published does not mean you will get paid for it. Maybe the fact that so many people are hungry for this type of literature now could potentially mean the author would have a successful career... of course that could be motivating for some people to take advantage of, but for others it could simply be a byproduct. If they aren't already well known, I think they'd be pretty full of themselves to assume anything they write would sell millions of copies, let alone make them rich.

And that, to me, sparks other strands of conspiracy related thoughts, like... if someone unknown suddenly becomes rich and famous for leaking information (and isn't silenced), maybe that's a big sign they have support from somewhere else--somewhere highly influential--and could be spreading misinformation. In which case, that person's history could be covered up to the point where we may never know the true story, only the one they want us to know.

Which leads me to another thought... it's seemed strange to me that certain people who are so loud and famous are allowed to live....while other people are silenced immediately. Why would the biggest names even still be alive if they really posed a threat to intelligence agencies? Is it because they're too famous to kill? I don't think so, since accidents can always happen... the only conclusion that would seem to make sense is that they aren't onto the real truth and therefore aren't worth being put down. But again... well, you see my point.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Additionally, if anyone here is going to tell another member that the researcher they've named isn't worth naming, please add a note of why and an example of how they mislead the community. I have never heard of most of these people, therefore I will not know why you dislike them unless you tell me, and I prefer examples of why.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lemonyfr3sh

So far as I know...I'm the only UFO researcher that has a bona fide claim of seeing a eyewitness sighting of a Foo Fighter, and also having possession of purported picture of an actual ET alien entity that I photographed myself.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord
Hoax?:

The Boeing X-37, also known as the Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV), is a reusable unmanned spacecraft. It is boosted into space by a launch vehicle, then re-enters Earth's atmosphere and lands as a spaceplane. The X-37 is operated by the United States Air Force for orbital spaceflight missions intended to demonstrate reusable space technologies.[4] It is a 120%-scaled derivative of the earlier Boeing X-40.

In May 2010, Tom Burghardt wrote for Space Daily that the X-37B could be used as a spy satellite or to deliver weapons from space.[26] The Pentagon subsequently denied claims that the X-37B's test missions supported the development of space-based weapons.[26] In January 2012, allegations were made that the X-37B was being used to spy on China's Tiangong-1 space station module.[27] Former U.S. Air Force orbital analyst Brian Weeden later refuted this claim, emphasizing that the different orbits of the two spacecraft precluded any practical surveillance fly-bys.[28] In October 2014, The Guardian reported the claims of security experts that the X-37B was being used "to test reconnaissance and spy sensors, particularly how they hold up against radiation and other hazards of orbit."[29] In November 2016, the International Business Times stated that the U.S. government was testing a version of the EmDrive electromagnetic microwave thruster on the fourth flight of the X-37B.[30] In 2009, an EmDrive technology transfer contract with Boeing was undertaken via a State Department TAA and a UK export licence, approved by the UK MOD.[31][32] Boeing has since stated it is no longer pursuing this area of research.[33] The U.S. Air Force has stated the X-37B is testing a Hall-effect thruster system for Aerojet Rocketdyne.[34]

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He ask what we liked, I gave him an answer. You can relax guy.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not disparaging anybody.

I stated a fact that it would be ignorant to ignore.

It has been established in the mainstream that paid agents are used on the internet to disseminate propaganda.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lemonyfr3sh
Which leads me to another thought... it's seemed strange to me that certain people who are so loud and famous are allowed to live....while other people are silenced immediately.

In order for an assassination to be carried out, the assignment has to be assigned to someone. I think that sometimes there is resistance among those who carry out these tasks. A case in point is Chip Tatum, who was assigned to kill candidate Ross Perot, but refused to carry it out.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Have you ever heard of a " Research Paper " If you haven't then just search the web. There are hundreds out there.

These papers cover many subjects and include the topic of UFO's and ET. They are FREE to download and you don't have to pay the author any fee.

Here is just one example.

www.studymode.com...

I will repeat my earlier statement. Anyone who makes money from UFO Research is in it for the money.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LiberateEarth

With all this "hacking" stuff now, wouldn't surprise me if there wouldn't have to even be a person behind assassinations anymore...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There are some in the mainstream with ties to the Alphabets too , disinformation has been spread for years by certain agencies through the mainstream Ufologists, either with or without their knowledge.

The rabbit hole is deep and strange creatures dwell at the bottom but sadly nobody's found an Alien there yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

There are some in the mainstream with ties to the Alphabets too , disinformation has been spread for years by certain agencies through the mainstream Ufologists, either with or without their knowledge.

The rabbit hole is deep and strange creatures dwell at the bottom but sadly nobody's found an Alien there yet.

Your first statement is true and is one more thing we all have to try to out-smart.

Your second statement is not.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

How would that work?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You know, smart devices, supposedly hacking cars, etc... I don't think it'd be hard to make anything look like an accident anymore.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lemonyfr3sh
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you have any favorite threads to read through? Honestly, most of them that I see start off thoughtful and end up a pissing match. Kind of fruitless.

Glean the meaningful posts in threads that interest you and ignore those that don't.

I'd say use the "archive" button at the top and go back into the earlier days of ATS. A good clue is the best topics are the ones with lots of pages. You go back to the earlier years and only good threads had many pages of debate. I honestly don't have the time to go hunting and I've read them, many years ago.

A person I might view as a total scam artist, might be of interest to you. Our sensibilities are not all the same.

I try to view things with an open mind, but not so open my brains fall out. A bit of skepticism will serve you better than blindly accepting things as true in my opinion.

Reports worthy of wasting time on are extremely rare. The vast majority of reports and claimed encounters are pure garbage or even worse bald faced lies to get attention or in some cases sell books or scam money from gullible people.

I find personal accounts to be more interesting than much of the garbage spewed by so called researchers. There are credible people involved, but they are far outnumbered by hoaxers and scam artists in my opinion.

Truth does not jump up and yell here I am. It requires effort to dig through the hay stack to find the needle.
edit on 3/18/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Any UFO Researcher that sells books or any other merchandise needs to be ignored.

That would probably be all the " well known " ones.

A " True " researcher in my opinion is doing it to find the truth, and not to make money.

Absolute rubbish! They have a right to make money. You think they have a money tree in their garden which means they can di all these talks, write all these books for free? A am not talking about frauds and hoaxers, but researchers who have dedicated their life to ufo research.

Even debunkers and skeptics make money on the subject.

Anyone who says they would not want to make money on writing books, doing talks all over the the world, are simply lying!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Okay but you would still need a minion of the decision maker to carry out the logistics, I would think.

Another thought is artificial intelligence. I wonder whether it could be programmed to make the decision and carry it out.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

no.not that secret space progam, the other one that involves aliens

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I have no problem with UFO Researchers being paid their expenses.

If Medical Professionals can do there work for NOTHING they why can't UFO Researchers ?

Doctors,nurses admin etc all working for Medecins Sans Frontiers for example ( and there are other organizations) get paid their expenses only.

These better known UFO Researchers are in it for gain. Greer anyone ? Or maybe Redfern, Friedman, and the list goes on.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Jay-morris

I have no problem with UFO Researchers being paid their expenses.

If Medical Professionals can do there work for NOTHING they why can't UFO Researchers ?

Doctors,nurses admin etc all working for Medecins Sans Frontiers for example ( and there are other organizations) get paid their expenses only.

These better known UFO Researchers are in it for gain. Greer anyone ? Or maybe Redfern, Friedman, and the list goes on.

Seriously! ? If i had a chance to dedicate my life to ufo research, write book etc, then of course i would want to make a living from it. Does thst mean i am only doing it for the money? Its a rather stupid reason you gave.

So, these "medical professionals " that are only getting paid for their expenses, how do they live? What are the bets they are living quite comfortable.

We all need money. To pay rent, to pay the bills to name but a few. Your reasoning is quite silly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join